Did they change the SR system?

So I finished my placements on the role queue beta for support. My friend and I queued together the whole time. They played mercy/lucio and I played Ana/bap. Their SR was 3664 and mine was 3752. They got placed 3579 and I got placed 3901?
We won 3 of our placements so why did they get placed so much lower and I got placed way higher??? Did they change something?

1 Like

Placements are still bugged as they were on PTR unfortunately Sr adjustments and placements will be all together a bit wanky for this beta test period :\

2 Likes

There has been a soft reset, but your role specific performance over the last six months does have an influence to the development of your role specific skill rating.

3 Likes

Ok, i havent played tank on that acc since december (more than 6 months). Maybe i played like 2-3 games. Ended up with 5 wins in placements with very good stats (i would say, hardcarried at least 3 games on Zarya) and got 20 sr lower than before. I dont get it…

1 Like

The System is still roughly basing off your last played season. But I’d say Keep going at it since you can still make great progress on roles you enjoy :smiley:

I havent touched that role on that acc in last 3 seasons (literally since december or something). They said that stats were tracked in last 6 months, right?

Their role specific MMR was probably under their end of season 17 MMR and the other way around for you. For example I just finished my support placements with 4 losses and 1 win and placed higher than my s17 SR (3063 vs 3051).