Did junk rat really need that buff?

Just curious to why he got a buff

5 Likes

Because he needed it it was way to much of a nerf and i think he should still get one more ammo

3 Likes

People already out there having a hard time counting to 5

10 Likes

Yes. The nerf clobbered Junkrat in high ranks.

7 Likes

Well thats a them problem learn to play against a hero thats the he whole bases of this game

yeah, right… that’s how junkrat got nerfed to begin with.

He was one of the least played DPS, with a low win rate.

3 Likes

Because Junkrat mains somehow feel they aren’t doing enough damage despite every single thing in his kit doing 100+ damage.
“Oh no my fellow Rat mains, instead of doing 210 damage in half a second, we can only do 200 damage in half a second!” That’s how I imagine most of them reacted.

7 Likes

or maybe, just maybe it’s because Junkrat is one of the worst dps in the game

3 Likes

Or maybe Junkrat mains need as many crutches as possible.
Primary fire does 120 damage.
Passive does 300 damage.
Ultimate does 600 damage.
Ability 1 does 110 damage.
Ability 2 does 100 damage.

7 Likes

Barring tire, its not as easy to direct land all of those as you think. Sure you could be a spam rat. But unless you’re playing against literal vegetables that won’t get much value.

Junkrats who actually play the video game need the higher damage numbers so that break points are accessible as an award for landing direct hits.

Really I mean it, trying playing him into pocketed hitscans or on a map that isn’t like the third point of Route 66

5 Likes

Because the nerf from a few months ago crippled his high level play while doing absolutely nothing to his low level play. It was another example of the dev team misunderstanding what makes a character useful at different ranks.

5 Likes

Junkrat’s entire existence relies on kill confirmation. If you can’t do that, you are left spamming or hopping to get the kill if you’re on the right ping and everything.

That 10 extra dmg means you are able to finish off a 200hp target more consistently, which, without, would create scenarios where one would survive with <10hp and be instantly burst healed. That buff was for consistency in kill confirmation.

Try to climb with him, might be easier atm since ranked is a mess, but really speaking, you might have a much easier time with one-shotters on DPS or histcans in general.

Junkrat can have all the damage in the world, but if he can’t kill, he is useless and mostly feed the enemy support ultimate charge.

3 Likes

Because he overall tank in stats meanwhile was balanced with 120 mine. People can’t learn to stop going into closed spaces where he is setup at. Inconsistent as hell even with a high damage number with his primary and mine. Yet, doesn’t produce consistent damage than Hitscan

2 Likes

This right here, a fellow person who understand this!

After being able to count to 5, another great tip is to actually not engage tight areas that will result in consistent damage almost no matter what. Playing Junkrat on maps like point A Junkertown is almost an art compared to Anubis back in OW1.

2 Likes

His bronze mains were too sad they couldn’t one shot with no aim at point blank anymore

1 Like

Not a one shot if you need 2 shots to make it count really speaking off. I’m actually diamond 4 by one-tricking him atm, granted it’s the first time I ever one-tricked him in 7 years. I’m doing tony hawk tricks to get kills and this has been like that for like 2 whole seasons nearly, spamming doesn’t get you far.

But hey, at least now you still have to worry about Widow/Hanzo one shots that you probably much prefer!

5 Likes

Balanced with 120 mine? :laughing:

Only said by Junkrat mains & their friends.

120 mine was way too easy to confirm kills with. I get that Junkrat is a low skill floor hero but how low does it need to be for Junk mains to think he’s not trash?

1 Like

He didn’t…one shot kills and even in conjunction of mere two taps is very similar to Roadhog’s hook one shot combo.

I don’t wanna climb with him
Cause climbing any higher puts me into xim infested lobbies :frowning:

1 Like