Did Hanzo's arrow still have the hitbox size of a log?

I’m 90% certain that the projectile accounts for the entire length of the arrow and not just the tip, so if you move your head into the shaft of the arrow as the tip blows by you, you’re basically headshotting yourself.

2 Likes

he is firing logs , he gets a headshot on me, i see my body, and the arrow is in my chest, they can say the projectile is the smallest, but its a lie

8 Likes

Yes, this has been Jeff’s go-to “proof” that Hanzo is balanced since the rework. “Actually Hanzo got the smallest projectile hitbox in the game”. And yet he is the only one who consistently gets headshots by firing in your general direction from great distances…

13 Likes

I think this is true too, which would explain how spamming in hopes someone runs into their death is viable for Hanzo, but not Widow.

It’d be cool to see a test, but idc enough to do it myself. :man_shrugging:

this would explain why hanzo’s arrow sometimes seems to home in on my head from my point of view.

you know, where the arrow does a 90° turn and hits you in the head.

it always gets me angry when this happens

1 Like

This is what Geoff had to say about Hanzo’s projectiles.

4 Likes

The very ironic thing is, that due to the log, compared to the ray of Widowmaker, Hanzo gets stronger the closer he is to his target.
Very un-snipery.

At close range he can trivially headshot. It is actually hard for him not to, both due to the log size as well as the speed of the projectile - which is indistinguishable from hitscan at close-mid range.

Hanzo has one of the smallest projectiles in the game.

Stop talking out of your backside please. Thank you.

3 Likes

Hanzo’s arrow is actually pretty small. People just have the impression it’s large.

Junkrat mains crying in the distance

They have the credibility of Todd Howard at this point.

The fact that the ENTIRE LENGTH of the arrow counts means yes, Hanzo can spam you at close range and you are screwed

Because that is how you balance a sniper class

Meanwhile, widow has an escape AND a mine AND and alt fire that is better than some other DPS’s primary

Balance!

2 Likes

The hitbox isn’t the problem with hanzo’s arrow. It’s the fact that interpolation heavily favors Hanzo because his projectile is considered “slow and bursty” like Pharah’s rockets despite all the buffs it’s gotten.

Everyone has to remember the sizes of the hitboxes as well.

1 Like

Big hitboxes are still big hitboxes. They can be the smallest in the game, but they are still unreasonably large. Not to mention, the head hitboxes of every hero being much larger than what it actually looks like also contributes to the problem.

They claim it to be the smallest projectile but I think because the arrow is so long this also contributes to the hit

I think Hanzo is the only character that when I try to actually aim, I can’t hit anything. And then suddenly when I’m not paying any attention at all, I start landing repeated headshots. This isn’t normal. Hanzo is poop, and his entire “sniper” kit is poop.

Good grief how many times does this topic come up? His arrows are small-- but the projectile hitbox isnt. All projectiles hitboxes are larger. When you cross this with his fast arrow speed , that creates the issue. (Faster than a helix rocket btw)

The actual quote was something like “ties for smallest projectile size with genji’s shurikens” which has been proven false.

It’s not small relative to its speed and to many heroes’ hitboxes. The speed to projectile size ratio combined with the enlarged hero hitboxes is too good.

It’s still small compared to other projectiles, that’s a fact. Could it be smaller? Maybe but that’s besides the point.

1 Like

Like what? Roadhog’s right click? Nope. Ana’s unscoped shot? Nope. Both of those are smaller, and Ana’s is the same speed (tested), and doesn’t one shot. Roadhog’s only one shots a 200 between 9-12m approximately.