Devs when can we get the hero/game editor?

I would really love to customize heroes and their abilities however I want. The custom game settings just can’t edit certain things and everything has either on/off or a slider. It would also be great if it included abilities removed from the game.

• Symmetra’s old ultimates, abilities, and attacks
  • mass ressurect
  • Reaper’s soul orbs
  • scatter arrow
  • Bastion’s frontal shield

There might be more but i can’t remember at the moment.

3 Likes

Unlimited Symm turrets in custom would also be nice

Full damage control, If you can use this to edit the rounds per second of a hero…I’m all in.

That’s what I mean by being able to edit abilities however we want. If I want to give Sym and Torb more turrets I could do that with the hero/game editor. Or even give Junkrat multiple traps.

Yeah I want that too also being able to edit shotguns so they have more or less pellets and stuff like that.

That way we could test some things out and be able to show the devs what we have found ya know cutting balancing time in half. Maybe…

The devs said in the past that’s something they wanted to do. But custom games just don’t give us the right way to do that. They said something to the effect of “if we see someone made really popular balance change(s) we could implement it into the game”. I wish I could remember when I heard/read that it was a while ago before custom games got implemented. Back when they were talking about adding the hero/game editor for players to use. I remember they said custom games was just a temporary thing until they added the full editor.

One change I want to put into play if this can eventually implemented is the ability for Sombra when using her translocator to full replenish her ammo, and also for her translocator health change from 5 to 50 health.

1 Like

I see what you mean and I agree.

Also letting us tweak aspects of a character (like rate of fire, we already get CD’s) could even make it easy for Dev’s to see how much better it might be. The things I’d do to Ana… With her abilities

1 Like

I’d really like to edit things by specific amounts too instead of just a slider. Instead of having to guess and do things by trial and error we could just type in a number. Like giving Ana shields instead of just more health. Or increasing/reducing the amount of armor a hero has. Basically anything you can think of doing that wouldn’t require artwork to be created.

1 Like

Instead of this being another feature in overwatch’s create a game feature, they should make a new mode called “Test Facility”. A map in which a game can be played with these changes.

They said that custom games was just a stopgap until they released the hero/game editor. Which means it would replace the custom games. Think of the hero/game editor as custom games on Nano Boost.

1 Like