Devs, stop pushing Mercy into an off healer

I don’t mind Mercy beinf an off healer. I would prefer if she fit best in the primary healer slot, but the first is just as good as the second.

What I cannot abide is the hard pocket bot she has become and is being pushed further into instead of the more skillful juggler she once was.

I don’t care if Mercy ends up healing for 30 HP/s, just make juggling valuable again.

Well, perhaps they could throw in a buff to her weapon switch speed, from 1.2 sec, to 0.2 sec

Right now it takes 2.5sec to switch to the blaster, fire one shot, and switch back to healing.

1 Like

And on her way out of the meta thanks to Brig and grav dragon bugfix.

There’s no need for compromises on 60 HP/s. Patch 1.27 simply overdid it.

1 Like

I personally feel that a switching of weapons does little to solve her problem of being a heal / pocket bot.

i don’t see any proposed change to give mercy more ammo.
what? you think one of valkyries passive abilities giving mercy unlimited ammo is useless or something?

So doing something besides holding heal or damage boost.

Isn’t doing something besides holding heal or damage boost.

If brig was changed from an off to main healer…I don’t see why the reverse can’t be true for mercy.

I prefer off healer mercy. Always have.

2 Likes

I believe such changes gently, albeit dangerously, guides her into becoming more of a DPS hero, which I am uncomfortable seeing in the hands of a support hero.

Because all they other healers don’t occasionally shoot stuff?

Clarification: Mercy is still capable of shooting stuff on occasion.

Relative to other healers though, how often is that?

yes yes yes i agree 100%!!! mercy right now is suffering from being a pocket slave to ahse phara etc and whats eh needs is the reduction to damage boost and the increase in healing.

Not only would think make her a main healer again but will stop this “pocketing” play style thats unhealthy for her and the game. it makes her have no skill just pocketing a dps. mercy should be flying to the entire team, healing them all up - not stuck to dps. Its a totally unhealthy synergy that has been created - particularly with the nerf to her healing

From my previous mention, I personally believe that focusing on her damage output is the wrong focus, if the goal is to make Mercy a main healer.

I would say the goal is to make her a fun and easy healer, who is mostly effective in Platinum through Bronze.

Without triggering Moth Meta #3 in Masters/GM/Pro.

I personally don’t think giving Mercy a simple buff from 50 to 60hp will trigger a Moth Meta #3, #2, or #1.

Why do you want to force Mercy to be a Tank focused healer? Like why? She has an auto aim heal - pertect for dps, nobody can compete when it comes to enabling a flanker. I do not understand you people.
The healing buff would reduce her skill and make her more braindead.
Add damage nerf on top of that and what have you achieved? Lucio is now a must pick over Mercy, Ana is still a better pick cuz of nade. Same with Moira and Zen - they now have 20x more value than Mercy who can heal only 1 person at a time, can’t counter an ultimate but now her damage boost is complete trash so might as well just give Pharah and Ashe armor packs instead.

You want the most mobile support to be a mid-range tank healer? What in the world…?
These Mercy posts are completely crazy I swear to god…

4 Likes

Very much of this above, thank you.

3 Likes

Buffing her to exactly how strong she was the last time she was meta?

Clarification: The last time Mercy was meta was when she had 2-3 instant resses, a hyper-speed hard to kill valkyrie, and more invincibility frames per such resses. I feel that this current Mercy is nothing of similarity to “Moth Mercy”, buffs or nerfs notwithstanding, and that a simple 10hp buff to her healing will not bring her to that level of extremes.

4 Likes

she was meta in grav dragon. this was the same mercy we have now, but 60hps and the ability to damage boost dragonstrike.

They removed the ability to damage boost dragonstrike and she fell out of meta shortly before her healing nerf. They didn’t give it time to see if she stays out of meta before wacking her with the nerf hammer again.

1 Like