Devs once again prove they are listening

Call me a Blizz apologist or whatever. But once again they prove they pay attention - Hog, Symmetra, Reaper, even Mercy get buffs. Torb rework is a sucess, the support changes are and feel amazing.

OW was and still feels like an amazing game, and I enjoy playing it. Can’t wait to see the other stuff they will potentially reveal at Blizzcon.

All in all, thanks Blizz and thanks papa Jeff. Some people will never be happy no matter what but some of us appreciate the effort.

166 Likes

I don’t know about that, he is pretty fragile now. I would rather have the old Torb back.

2 Likes

That’s a phrase you don’t hear everyday these days.

Brings back fond memories.

33 Likes

Fragile?

Have you seen that mini-ultimate?

41 Likes

Well, you’re right. They are listening and the buffed the right heroes. It’s also nice to see no nerfs this time. Buffing weak heroes is a better way to balance

3 Likes

Nowadays it’s “JEFF WHAT THE ####” after they die.

P.S. Op you might want to take blizzard out of the title or it will get locked

1 Like

Didn’t know there was a rule against that. Fixed it to “devs”, hopefully that is politically correct. Can’t be too careful about anything today… I guess. Just wanna say, I appreciate the devs and papa Jeff.

Indeed my friend.

I really wouldn’t call him fragile. His mini-ult is honestly scary, and I’ve died plenty of times as a tank underestimating his damage output and extra-thickness.

1 Like

Doesn’t quite prove they are listening, even though they probably are; rather it shows that they look at the game and come to similar conclusions(but usually differ on the best way forward)

2 Likes

Finally somebody who thinks this. I’m getting tired of all of this toxic stuff, we got 4 buffs for gods sake!

30 Likes

Or maybe they have people playing the game? It’s not like certain heroes needing buffs was something one needed to learn from a forum, it was so obvious.

2 Likes

The mercy buffs are a joke man, seriously. They legit will not improve her state. She will see a pick rate spike and it will go back down to ~4% after 1 week or so. Mercy is dying and the sole reason for that is the poor design of Valkyrie. They are not listening. They are pretending to listen.

16 Likes

He just came out to Competitive today so we’ll see.

His Molten Core on E is pretty fun though.

Image result for *wheeze*

18 Likes

They have proven they have heard the shouts… but have they listened to the words? Doesn’t feel like it.

4 Likes

papa bless
papa jeff

Everything is hella great aside from the Mercy changes tbh. They don’t fix anything about the problem, it’s just a bandaid buff as usual.

11 Likes

I haven’t tried Symmetra at all. I’m not going to get my hopes up with her buff- you need 4 seconds of perfect accuracy to charge up your gun, now you need 3.2. Yay? It’s definitely less, but I’d have gone for even more.

1 Like

That would be ab awful way to balance.

Imagine if after the Hanzo rework instead of nerfing him they buffed EVERY DPS to that level. Doing that would probably make the time to kill too fast so HPs have to be buffed across the board to reduce the TTK and then supports and tanks as well to handle new stats.

You could do ALL that or address the problem. In this case the problem was the weaker heroes so buffs happened, if the problem is heroes too strong nerfs happen

Some people will never be happy, no matter what they get. I personally think OW is the best we’ve seen in a long time. Pretty much every character fits in some niche at this point (Maybe tweak Bastion a bit, he is the only one left out I feel). The game is in a very good state. And we might get to see a new character revealed at Blizzcon so exciting times ahead.

I dunno, every dev update has pretty much pinpointed every issue that the community has pointed out. I certainly feel like they pay attention.

Don’t wanna turn this thread into yet another Mercy thread. And quite honestly, I don’t want to debate with you. Every time I debate with the Revert Mercy crowd, I get silenced for having a different opinion. Mercy is fine, that’s my opinion and I will leave it at that. I respect your opinion and you are entitled to it, kind sir/madam.

11 Likes

I’m not saying that nerfs aren’t sometimes needed. I’m saying the current game balance doesn’t warrant them which is good