"Devs dont do anything"

But you can’t say they’re leaving OW1 for OW2.
Players who will pay for the 2 will have PvE.
Players who don’t will have better graphics new heroes, maps etc.
They’re working for Overwatch, it’s just not coming now…

Which could’ve been balanced out if it weren’t for 2-2-2?

I would rather have huge aggressive balancing in a free environment than number tweaks in a strict environment. 2-2-2 is not a balance change, it’s a shortcut for them to do jacksh#t.

Wasnt it established that there dragons were like some sort of spirit manifestation?

So just saying things to say things, then.

“The playerbase wanted it. Just look at some random tweets from random people. Totally indicative of the majority of players, even though the suggestion was always lambasted on the forums and the Devs have even backtracked on it”

Does this argument really make sense in your head?

Oh, I see. Its the players fault that blizzard decided to metaphorically treat a papercut by cauterizing the wound with napalm.

This attitude really explains everything about your post/stance.

They’re to try and keep people from abandoning this game, so they can continue to make money off of it. Did you really not know that?

Idk whats funnier, that you felt the need to stalk my profile and bring up a troll post from the HK debacle as though it helps your point or the fact that you think sanctimony makes you sound like you have any idea what youre talking about.

1 Like

This is quite literally the most amusing statment i read all year long

1 Like

I didnt. I said “Theyve all but abandoned this game for OW2” which is true. And they’ve literally said as much. This game is on life support because they’re diverting Dev resources to OW2 instead of balancing, events, lore, etc.

At least some are changing.
PTR updates always went through. While some experimental don’t : Doom Uppercut freeze time was lowered between the experiment and live, Brig didn’t get the CC nerf. At least it’s changing, we can’t complain everytime about everything.

Idk man, you’re not forced to pay to know about the lore, just watch Youtube videos.
Of course they need to make money, players are playing OW freely since 2016.
Paid DLC or second game doesn’t change much tbh, it’s new content, new graphics and PvE and I’m willing to pay for that. You’re not ? good for you

Yeah 5dps 1 tank was rare, it was actually 6dps. I played silver gold for a year and plat for another

How can you judge someone else perspective like that ? I’m not lying to myself, I really had horrible games in Low ELO.
Of course it was to help get rid of Goats but damn it helped other players.

In your opinion it should have been an option instantly, not for me.
Why hating devs because they release after a year something you wanted from the start.
You’re don’t seem remotely happy that they include that, are you even happy to play the game ?

Again, yes it should have been the regular rythm but can we just be happy that it’s now here. I’m living in the present OW, not remembering every error they did.

New maps (3 names) with a new gamemode, new heroes (we got one name and journalist said they saw 5 silhouettes, new graphics, new basic skin for everyone (we already saw 5-6), PvE missions, new PvE abilities (we saw a bunch).

That’s not what I call ‘‘zero info’’

Again, can we be happy that CC have been changed and not just remeber the time where they weren’t. I fill like this forum is full of grandparents that say ‘‘in my time it was bad’’ while not seeing/agreeing/being happy that the game has changed since

And dont forget if you already own OW you get ow2 PVP for free including the heroes and maps

2 Likes

Yup, certain heroes couldn’t be balanced (or just weren’t good) without 2-2-2.
We can say that they could have take another path to balance them

And just leaving the competitive for 1-2 months ? Imagine if every hero receive a big nerf or buff, these forums would be pure hell.

Ok, rn I’m happy with the game and I have the patience to wait for the 2 for new heroes and maps, as long as we have experiments and balance changes. I understand your point.

Yeah and if they want new lore/cinematics, Youtube or twitch are there.

“Just the competitive community asking for a change for the competitive community” I just dont really know how to actually find pre-update post about herobans on this forum, but if you want to find some, go ahead, Ill sure it’ll just take some searching.

This is completely subjective.

I guess I didnt really explain myself that well, the changes arent necessarly to “milk” the game but to make it better so people actually pay money for it, its completely different to the phylosophy of some triple A studios. But, of course, every game wants to make money, but if you think its really that bad to try to keep players from leaving the game, I dont know what to tell you.

I just would like to know who brings up some of these really hot takes and wether they are actually trolling or not.

It also shows how hypocritical you are when you literally have to include tons of difficult words (idk a better word for it but you can gladly give me one Mr. Sakespeare) while trying to imply that Im doing that exact same thing.

And it will be barely any, just like the past 5 years.

It’s mostly just obvious things that the heroes call out and quips, doesn’t take much effort to write and it isn’t all that good, most of it is just talented voice actors making it sound convincing.

Except for the part where Hanzo says they can only be controlled by a shimada and on top of that hard light technology was created by Vishkar it is their token and it is something no one else in the world manufactures on a large scale and even then hard light requires a photon glove (Like Symmetra and Sanjay wear) or some other generator (Like Lucio’s skates) to operate, it doesn’t just appear from an arrow or a sword and finally hardlight in the OW universe is used to turn light into solid objects or turn light itself into a solid.

Thats all the voice actor conveying a personality through dialogue thats not really the writers talent, even so theres not much nuance in “I need healing” or “Im taking fire”

It’s a paid DLC disguised as a 2nd game that will tease players with a taste of lore before the devs go silent for a month or maybe a year (something they LOVE to do)

It’s not a hyperbole, you literally implied that Blizzard is stockpiling and hiding all the lore Chu wrote form the community for some big reveal so in that case yes ALL of his work (Aside from in game quips and backstories) can’t be seen by the community, therefore it seems like he’s doing nothing.

Which would break the “no magic” rule.

Okay bud :roll_eyes:

Do you have any idea how recording lines works? They don’t just walk in, read the lines a few ways and walk out. They have to be directed to say it in a specific way that sounds exactly how the writers want it to sound for that specific moment.

Could be something like a genetic signature. Not far-fetched for a sci-fi universe.

…You seen Reinhardt’s shield?

Already responded to this above.

You didn’t actually address the point here.

You were the one that claimed the community sees “none of it” :smile: That’s quite literally hyperbole.

I know but thats clearly the marketing design here. They know people are desperate to finally get some lore so they know people will pay for it.

Actually the only thing you really get from buying OW2 is PvE which will likely be uploaded in uninterrupted glory on youtube within 24 hours of the games release, The new graphics, hero classics, pop modes, maps and heroes will all be coming to OW1 so the PVP can stay consistent between the two games.

I’ve played Plat/Diamond since season 4 and I usually saw more than 3dps maybe thrice daily and even then we still won with those comps sometimes, but people loved to just flat out give up the second they saw anything different back then.

Not just mine, there was a very very vocal large part of the community that wanted it.

Because as the developers of a game it’s their job to keep the players happy and entertained especially when thousands of players want something.

Criticism of the devs poor behavior doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate what they have done, it means that they should be doing more. The devs have gotten away with doing way too little for way too long.

1 Like

Im glad that it’s here (somewhat) now, but that doesn’t excuse their neglect in the past.

1 Like

and if you’re. talented VA (like most of the cast IS) you know how to get it right, because it’s your job to. Recording sessions can be long but they can also be short.

And again, if it’s as simple as that why has it gone ignored and unexplained for 5 years?

Reins shield is generated from a bulky pack he keeps on one of his arms.

You said I didn’t understand what OW2 is, I told you what OW2 is.

Because we don’t, like I said in the full quote. Either Blizzard is hiding all his big stories from us or he didn’t write any.

And there still has to be someone telling them what to do…
Not to mention just because the VAs are talented, it doesn’t mean they are experienced and instantly know how to get it right. Take Brigitte’s VA for example, this is her first voice acting job (Well besides something small she did 12 years ago).

Obviously it would be a different story with Jen Hale.

…Because they don’t need to explain it? They’ve already said it’s science stuff.

And what said “bulky pack” generates just looks exactly like the hard light Symmetra generates purely on coincidence, right?

No, you’ve misunderstood the conversation. You asked “what narrative beats and plot lines” in reference to the responsibilities dot-point “Create a mission structure that identifies narrative beats and plot lines to support the story” implying you don’t understand what OW2 is, as OW2 literally consists of a series of said missions.

The fact that characters exist in the game proves that we don’t see “none of it”
The statement is entirely hyperbolic.

Straight from “the community was asking for hero bans, I know it and it’s obvious” to “Idk how to find threads about it.” Classic.

Oh, yeah, it’s completely subjective lol. Players ask for an end to dive and the devs introduce a character that breaks the game. Players ask for god-awful maps to be removed/reworked and they take half the map pool away. And you’re here basically parroting their excuse for this crap: “be careful what you wish for.”

A monkey’s paw will twist your wish around to punish your greed, but at least it won’t give you attitude afterwards.

But it’s totally subjective.

We already paid money for it. But it’s nice that you acknowledge that they’re doing it for money. Still don’t understand how/why you were denying it before, though.

I’m sorry you think “sanctimony” is a “difficult word.”

Maybe you should have looked it up, though? Instead of accusing me of being hypocritical? Because you clearly seem to think that “sanctimony” = using “difficult” words, which…no.

You had an opportunity to learn something (still do). I recommend taking it.

and Chu did that, but it’s not as if he came into work every single day and had to deal with another long and grueling recording session, they’re something that he does every few months when a hero is added and for holiday events, most of those voice lines are sent in online.

“It’s science stuff” isn’t an explanation, thats just trying to stop people from asking questions about plot holes and unanswered storylines. In other words trying to stop people from criticizing oversights in Chu’s writing.

Not exactly but I said they either need a glove like Satya and Sanjay wear or someother generator, like Lucio’s Shoes, The device ores tosses out, the edges on Sigma’s barrier etc.

No I said “What narrative beats and plot lines” Implying that there are non because Michael Chu has either neglected his job of writing lore for the universe as a whole and has so many plot lines that are just left open or because blizzard is just sitting on all of them and refusing to release them, which is the same predicament, it looks as though Michael Chu is doing nothing interns of lore, despite his other jobs at the company being, in all honesty, not that difficult.

Heroes are a product of all the teams working together, not just Chu. The only thing that is a product of Chu and the writing team is dialogue which I already establish is pretty poor and the universes writing as a whole which is near non existent.