Devs- Aim heroes are the future of the game

Aim based heroes are some of the most overtuned heroes in the game. People say Moira is OP because she functions like Zarya, but when you have hitscan heroes that can hit any target at any range given LOS without much loss of damage if any with the ability the crit, and knowing all that call the widow who benefits from 120dmg body shots “skilled” is beyond me.

Some heroes need movement acceleration or penalties for rapid repeat quick moments. Because right now, it’s either that or just flat out reduce their damage, and the skill crowd can’t have that :roll_eyes:

the simple answer is not simple.

thus why i have made entire threads about it

i dont expect you to read every thread i make. but I also dont have to write entire essays about my opinion in every single thread i make

there are. but thats not the subject of the thread. my opinion on aim heroes in overwatch is irrelevant.

imo the skill crowd dictates what is qualified as acceptable in this game. and the devs should just admit it instead of trying to hodgepodge around it.

Except for months the skill crowd has been saying McCree is the weakest hero in the game despite being one of the most formidable raw DPS outputs in the game.

The only reason hitscan isn’t on top of the game right now is because of double shield

And that is the reason why this game is down slope for a long time.
Because it alienated his casual crowed.

2 Likes

Um, I think some other heroes are photogenic. Genji has to aim a bit but isn’t mostly about aim, for instance. Nobody wants to watch teams of 6 widowmakers.

N7 is going on about how people complain about “no aim” heroes being added and how they get treated when the minority cries out about them.

They’re saying “ok Blizz instead of ruining the kit of the ‘no aim’ hero how about just stop releasing them”.

N7 is pointing out how the devs really don’t know how to balance and change heroes that are considered ‘no aim’ without ruining their niche most of the time.

2 Likes

Laughing about the ammount of likes his post gathered))) It describes how bad ppl could actually be at perception

1 Like

I don’t know why but somehow context is completely lost and people really like projecting weird things on my posts but only like…certain ones.

People like hatin . :woman_shrugging:t5: It’s the internet

1 Like

The fact of the matter is that if they were going to remove all the diverse ranges of playing it’s gonna be boring. I’m not playing OW because I wanna land 1 million headshots, I’m playing it because I think the characters are cool, I like the teamwork and the ability to switch from thing to thing and have completely different kits until something works. If I wanted a game all about aim I’d play CSGO

That’s very nice.

That also doesn’t change in the premise of the post…

Oh, you sweet summer child…

Though you’re not wrong on the 2nd part. Trying to force E-SPAWTS! into a game is a very fast way to kill it, you let the community build their organized play and it almost always has house rules different from the base game.

Let me rephrase myself:

It originally was aimed at wider audience and inclusionary, but then became OWL cash cow. While pretending it’s a pure fps game where 80% abilties don’t need shred of aim but only aiming skills matter in entertainment value, so it’s being balanced around that.

I simply do not agree with OP that ow should be balanced around OWL entertainment values.

Still wrong. While it wasn’t ready out the gate, this game was built from salvaged assets of a cancelled project to try and collect some of that sweet E-SPAWTS! money.