DEVS about MERCY's role in the game

And how would you do it with keeping Valkyrie as the ultimate, and not making Rez any more powerful than it is right now?

Because realistically, anything else would be rejected outright.

The proper data that I would use for game balancing, were I in charge of it, would be individual hero win rates vs teams who don’t have that hero on them, as well as hero win rates vs each other individual hero.

Unfortunately, I do not work for Blizzard, and none of us have access to that data.

My wish is about removing Rez completely (it’unfun and dumb) and working on a new and fair E. Great suggestions out there in the forum.

Why does anyone bother quoting the devs’ previous statements to point out hypocrisy? They’ve already repeatedly shown that they won’t be held accountable for any statements made in the past.

It’s their game, they’re going to do whatever they want, and the only truth is whatever they say it is right now.

I keep seeing Mercy players say this.

But then they never provide any evidence of honest attempts at making Valkyrie a good/fun ultimate, and making single rez fun.

And then they quickly change the subject or say it should be self evident, when it really isn’t.

Because while it’s true that the only truth in Overwatch game design is whatever the devs say right now, pointing out their hypocrisy lets them know that their playerbase is upset with changes and hopefully will encourage them to make better changes.

While they’ve spent a long time ignoring the plight of Mercy players and catering to the will of popular damage hero mains instead, they do listen to the players, in general, about the game as a whole.

1 Like

I’ll give you one example here that I tried suggesting long ago, which got buried in the megathread:

• Start with 60 hp/sec Valkyrie Mercy
  • Increase Resurrect cast time to anywhere between 3 and 5 seconds
  • Set Resurrect cooldown to 1.5 seconds
  • Decrease Valkyrie duration to 8 seconds
  • Valkyrie now makes Resurrect instant cast
  • Valkyrie increases pistol fire rate by 30%

There are many other Valkyrie rework suggestions. I know you have seen them.

The forum is literally fullfilled by Mercy mains topics about suggestions dude.

I honestly thought this was going to be a decent post. This is just complaining about the devs again. I am so sad to see my community turn to straight up crying on the forums over anything.

1.5 second cooldown on Rez, with instant Rez on Valk?

Is this a joke post?

Even after healing nerf, I’m still able to get golden healing after the game 99% of the time, so i guess mission accomplished :smiley:

No. The 1.5 second cooldown resurrect is kept in check by up to 5 seconds of cast time on Resurrect, plenty of time to punish Mercy for trying while a fight is still going on.

What that rework functionally does is restrict the usage of Resurrect to between fights or during Valkyrie only. In doing so, it makes Valkyrie a powerful defensive ultimate again, while simultaneously reducing the amount of time that Mercy can fly around in the skybox not participating in the fight.

Think of how Dragonblade works, but instead of dashing between living enemies and killing them, Mercy would be dashing between dead allies and resurrecting them.

you mean it’s possible for aoe healers to outheal a dedicated pocket healer when you run tank comps? no way!

And that downside is taken away by Valk.

Yes. That is the point. Valkyrie as it is now just plain sucks. It’s not powerful. Having a potent ultimate is part of what makes a hero fun in Overwatch.

Ultimates should feel oppressively powerful when used successfully.

The devs don’t want to make Rez more powerful.

Why is it near impossible to come up with a “Nerf” that doesn’t involve making Rez more powerful?

Mercy doesn’t need more nerfs, and Resurrect is actually kind of weak. It was even weak as an ultimate that could bring back 5 people until Mercy got invulnerability.

Not now. But she did last patch.

And I keep seeing posts that imply it should be obvious how to do a minor-change nerf, instead of 50hps.

And then the replies either aren’t a nerf, or are a major change that involves buffing Rez.

Mercy didn’t need nerfs last patch. The other healers needed buffs. The other healers received buffs.

We did not get a chance to see the support meta with everyone except Mercy and Zen buffed and no further changes. Instead, they nerfed Mercy at the same time.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 Like

You might like this.

1 Like