Developer Update Tomorrow!

Ahh, I’m so hyped! I love the developer updates and I appreciate the time and effort the devs take to communicate with the community.

I’m also very curious to see what they are going to do with Pharah, hoping a possible nerf on console and a slight buff for PC. Also some news on the Torb rework would be lovely :two_hearts:

Edit: Offical post from Jeff <3

8 Likes

…and I thought Pharah was fine :neutral_face:
“I’m so scared”

10 Likes

Tentacles crossed for a Junkrat rework next.

Hehe, I have that as my voice line and was spamming it earlier today because a Widow had me pinned down.

I would appreciate a slight mobility buff but nothing too crazy!

You don’t like Junkrats kit? :c

1 Like

Do you think they’re finally done nerfing Mercy?

It’d be nice to get one of the lead artists on there every once in a while so we can see the face behind what is obviously the best part of the team.

3 Likes

I want him to be viable, and I want skill with him to be rewarded.

These are basic components of game design, and yet he lacks both.

1 Like

Arnold has made appearances before, he’s also done art live streams but he spends some time at Blizzcon C: maybe he’ll be there this year too?

Who knows, maybe you’ll get your wish? You never know what the future holds!

1 Like

Yep, if you’ve seen the twitter leak the buff is that she gets some sort of Lucio shield when she ults, but it might be OP.

If i’m not wrong Junkerqueen comes out tomorrow.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind either of those! Depend on the shield amount, that might not be too bad. She’s sort of a sitting duck while ulting, at least let her cancel it or SOMETHING you know? ha.

Also JUNKERQUEEN? :blush:

They’ve specifically announced her but not the date. I’m assuming tomorrow.

1 Like

Oh man, BIG HYPE! :heart_eyes:

No please :frowning:

I am sorry friend, she has had her time in the sun there, you cannot argue with that :c just a little nerf, nothing too crazy!

:two_hearts:

All I want is an answer about the state of Doomfist. Is he fine and just need more bug fixes, or does he need to get nerfed.

1 Like

I personally feel with his bugfixes he’ll be in a good state. Watching some of the higher ranked players rek with him is really satisfying honestly.

1 Like

Doomfist has some fundamental design issues, in my opinion. If you nerf him, he’ll be useless forever, and if you keep him the way it is, it’s not like it’s healthy for the game either. The best choice would be to rework him, but his identity is too ingrained in his One-Punch thing, and removing him isn’t an option either.
Personally, of all the options, i’d nerf him and sweep him under the rug, kind of like Bastion, the other character with troubling design.

Kind of a really bad situation to be with. Turns out that tying characters so hard to their abilities have some disadvantages. Mercy is only having so many issues because of how resurrect is ingrained into her character.

EDIT: Being frank, i don’t want him to be nerfed either. I just kind of want for him to be different and for everyone to accept the new Doomfist. But ingraining his character and identity into everything will be hard. I just feel like he can’t be kept in the game as he is right now.

1 Like

This is very true, but I’m sure they will add another hero that will eventually help with that issue. I sort of would rather keep a hero strong than nerf them into the ground. That is my hope with bastion as well!

1 Like

As a Reaper player I feel the se way. Feels bad man.

2 Likes

I don’t have a clue why they can’t buff Reaper and make him work. He’s not bad for the game, he has potential, he just needs some help and Blizzard fails to give him that.

Eh… I actually can… her stats are overwhelmingly average/below average on XBL and also on PSN except for the uppermost ranks.

The whole “god tier Pharah” thing on console is a myth, it’s really “god tier PharMercy” and with the Mercy nerfs… that’s slowly fading

1 Like