Developer Update | Symmetra Short Story and Challenge | Overwatch

15 Likes

I can’t watch it right now but I assume it just gives event details and nothing else of actual note?

Two minutes in, and so far, yes.

Priority pass is a terrible idea. You’ll just get tank and supports who queue flex and throw to end the game fast and get the pass.

5 Likes

JEFFS BEARD
:((
im so sad

3 Likes

I’m really glad. Lockdown beards are the worst. >:(

Also includes details about priority pass queuing system and replay player updates

when he said priority pass i was like “oh no no no no not real money please not real money”

7 Likes

R.I.P Jeff’s beard.

The priority pass sounds kinda cool. I usually queue for all roles, because I can never choose what to play anyways.

1 Like

What would you say is the ratio of tank/support/dps games you get?

I’d say it feels something like 50% tank, 40% support and 10% DPS.

5 Likes

This could change with the priority pass.
The more people flex, the more likely is it to get DPS

Blizz did the math and they believe it will work out

4 Likes

That would be far slower than just straight up queueing for the Role, especially when queue times would presumably be reduced

Okay, 2:40 talks about Priority Passes. Here’s a rough transcript because I’m not paid enough to do a perfect one:

Now, what Priority Pass is, is if you are playing an impacted role - and if we’re being honest and direct with each other that’s probably the damage role - if you are someone who has a pass, you will get a faster queue time for that role.

Now the first thing that comes to mind is: how do I earn this “Priority Pass”? Priority Passes are earned by entering the flex queue. When you enter the flex queue, you are in essense queuing for every role - tank, support, damage - and the game will matchmake you into the role that is currently most needed to speed up queue times for everybody.

If you win your game in the flex queue you will earn even more passes than if you lost. Now, if you lose you still get passes, but if you win, you’ll earn a lot more. Now at the moment you can bank up to fourty - and this is a number that might change - but win or lose you will gain some passes, and then at a later date, if you want to play an impacted role such as damage, you’ll enter a faster queue than you would otherwise.

I wish they’d publish a post of the script as well. Reading is so much quicker than watching a video.

5 Likes

I watched the video at 1.5x speed because of it :smiley:

3 Likes

^ This

It’s one thing to give the passes out to those that win, but loose? I can see some issues there. I understand that everybody’s skill is different, so they feel that those on the other side that lost should get some compensation as well since they could have tried their best, but maybe instead they should give it to those on the loosing team who say, get a card or PoTG.

1 Like

One hundred percent agree this will happen. It already happens when people just want to play to play and end up DPS-only/throwing on tank and support rather than play the roles as intended.

It depends what the rewards are for winning versus losing. If you get five passes for a victory but one for a defeat, I guess a decent number of people would prefer to win.

3 Likes

Hmm, I can see that. I’m hoping that is the case.

1 Like

Yeah, kind of sad Jeff didn’t say “Overwatch 2” not even once during this entire vid.

Dang…feelsbadman.