Developer Update from Aaron Keller

Posts like this just make me sad. More empty promises and meaningless comments from the devs. It really feels like the devs don’t have any passion for Overwatch anymore.

6 Likes

These sound like great changes for S3 and beyond :smiley: ALSO HI, Mr. KELLER. I hope you and the overwatch team continue to work hard with buenas vibras

Still them focusing on making this new ranked system… like whats the point really in that. Its as useful as map pools.

I think they broke something in how ranks are calculated versus the MMR associated with those ranks, so there’s a clarity issue on top of a matchmaking issue.

One-shots and frustrating hero mechanics are being discussed a lot in the community and on the team.

Widow removed confirmed ty blizz

1 Like

this game had a unique and beautiful menu.frames and ranks looked cool.
You destroyed that beautiful menu and completely changed the game to a moba view. 5v5 was also a bad idea and failed.
Now you make promises to the players and say that everything will be fine and we are listening to you. Former players offered you many suggestions.
and criticized, but you were too late to listen to them. If you had acted in line with the wishes of the players, you would have too today.
You wouldn’t have to make this statement.

it’s not very encouraging to hear a ‘coming soon’ of the same things that were promised to consider from season 1. I mean, why not tell us about a possible clan system, if this idea still exists. or why create a group was canceled (main source of the problems you mentioned, Aaron).

good update on the ultimate load. but the doubt you refer to in the oneshot is too obscure: can’t you say more clearly if you have serious fears for the widowmaker who simply does his job as a sniper? can’t you go overboard with a ‘we’ll nerf something about her’ instead of circling around the topic of oneshotting?

and finally, on listening to us…ok. But what do you agree on so far? And above all, what do you not agree with? answers without specific direction are not answers. :frowning:

2 Likes

Well yeah, dunno what they were thinking about with map pools. Since clearly whatever “AntiSniper” map changes they were making aren’t doing much to stop ranged oneshots from being dominant.

So get rid of map pools, and focus on balancing ranged oneshot heroes.

2 Likes

It sucks, but admitting mistakes is the first step to fixing them.

And also Season 2 is two weeks away, or less. So “Soon” might actually be Soon.

As long as widow’s damage remains the same (please don’t change the charge rate again I beg of you!) I’m ok with any other changes

For once, I like most of these takes.

Supports are still not a problem tho.

Appreciate the communication.

I will need to see it to believe it. I’m not allowing your team to gaslight me with false promises again.

I want to see you actually address the issues you outlined and prove that your team actually is wanting to fix fundamental, core issues with the game.

2 Likes

To me it’s obvious:

It is short and yes, “coming soon” is part of this message, but folks, you can’t ask for more frequent communication and then be upset that they are communicating before they have big changes to implement.

More frequent communication means that they are going to be telling us what they are working on more often, but therefore communicating without any “official updates” to announce.

I’d rather have more of these types of in-between posts from them than just silence. This at least let’s us know they are hearing what we are saying and what their thoughts are on what the community is saying to them.

2 Likes

The new Ranked mode suffered from poor comprehension.

no, it’s poor design

there is nothing there to comprehend as you removed nearly every single visual indicator

and a negative impression of the matchmaker when players of different ranks were put in the same match (even if their skill levels were similar)

this also feels like gaslighting: the variance permitted in a match has definitely increased, significantly

22 Likes

One shot kill ability shouldn’t be exist in Overwatch.

1 Like

Its great actually hearing the communication coming (Finally)… But still sounds like a broken record… same promises over and over. We’ll see I guess.

This 10000%

I regularly see people so bad on one of the two teams they would have been reported in OW1 by both teams. No chance you can be that bad unless you are throwing but we see them in games all the time. They don’t have a clue how anything works… they swap tank every single time they die and never get ult.

I have had DPS that get 1 or 2 ults in a 15 minute game. I have had supports that get 3k healing per 10. I have seen people playing supports like moira/mercy/lucio that die 10+ times per 10 minutes. Those people would have been reported in OW1 and they are just normal now at ALL ranks.

There is no way people are that bad should ever be in a game gold or above… no reason and yet they are showing up in Plat, diamond and masters games.

Does anyone actually believe I should be going 40 and 2 as a tank often? Because it is something you see all the time now. One team has massive elims and almost no deaths and the other team is sitting in spawn on cooldown.

6 Likes

Balance more frequently- sure, good.

Matchmaking is absolute garbage, and deranking everyone is terrible. I do not want to play with players who don’t know what a sym tp is or how to use it or whatever basic game mechanic that exists that they’re unaware of. And as someone who was diamond every season in OW1, I should not have to. But season deranking and placing everyone lower forces me to, and I play less and less (uninstalled right now) and deranked lower and lower despite no skill change.

I’m unlikely to ever finish another 7/20 at this rate. Which, by the way, is a bad system. Requiring wins does the opposite of your intended effect.

Also please finish your UI at some point. That would be nice.

Suzu is the worst thing you’ve done. It only punishes fun playstyles and increases countering playstyles.

2 Likes

You solve that by adding more supports. Maybe a few UI changes. Simply give the role attention while not going so far as to piggyback it like you like to suggest.

But that’s my two cents.

1 Like