Developer Update from Aaron Keller

The developer staff of the game should definitely change.The balance change in the game should be done immediately and should be doomfist dps.

2 Likes

This is the kind of post I want to see him make like, once a week. This is an excellent first step in communication of simple “We hear you, we’re looking at it” instead of the usual radio silence.

1 Like

Lmao, and lots of people said MM was fine.

woahthisisworthless.jpg

6 Likes

25%? That isn’t even close enough to fixing the swapping issue. These slap on the wrist changes to things that never needed to be done in the first place are getting old.

No one has explained a single good reason for that passive. In fact most of the passive are not needed. Supports needed self heal and tanks needed the ult charge reduction and a couple of them could use the steadfast buff. As a Ball main I can tell you steadfast is a major issue and its silly that Ball, Doom, Dva and Winston have that passive.

I hope the changes to rank include getting people far outside our MMR range out of my game. Either team having a dps or tank that just feeds all game and goes 3 and 20 is not right. Same goes for the supports that can’t find their heal button. I should never see a moira out healed by Hog.

2 Likes

The current goalpost moving people have on this is that Matchmaking has nothing to do with a lack of Support players.

And they won’t believe otherwise unless the devs say something about it.

Just some advice: If we got this type of blog post weekly, I don’t think people would be concerned about the minimal detail. If blog posts are going to be sporadic and infrequent, they should have some meat to them. Food for thought.

15 Likes

Cool, see ya in 2025 when they happen.

18 Likes

I gave this up long time ago. They’ve been promising support changes since theh first beta yet here we are…

5 Likes

This is cool and all but the game needs major changes and are needed fast.
Tweaking should be done when the major problems are already solved.

4 Likes

The new Ranked mode suffers from being terrible. Why all this talk about clarity and none about the quality?

Why is this thing still in the game at all? You supposedly wanted to make this game less about counterpicking. This only alleviates tank counterpicking in particular. Remove it already. What does lowering it by 5% accomplishes?

Again, quality is a bigger problem than frequency. Issues are not being fixed and problems are created. How many slap-on-the-wrists to game breaking characters can you give before figuring it out? Have any of you worked in the company when Brig was broken, or have you learned nothing?

4 Likes

The new Ranked mode suffered from poor comprehension. There was confusion around players’ real rank and how that translated to their skill level, difficulty forming groups with friends, and a negative impression of the matchmaker when players of different ranks were put in the same match (even if their skill levels were similar). We will be implementing some changes in S3 and quite a few more in S4 all aimed at creating more clarity in the system.

Dear Blizzard, why the **** are people of similar skill at different ranks, what’s the ****ing point of ranks then, and why is this ****show taking 2 more seasons to fix.

23 Likes

Thank you for sharing this but I’m still interested in hearing about any news regarding cloud gaming and if it’s coming to GeForce now as well as mouse and keyboard support for Console please.

dont fix what aint broken

sr changes, all bad
rank icons? a joke. i wonder if they are a bug since only a 5yo would draw something that bad
map pools? i dont even need to comment on that

9 Likes

Just rid of the Mercy damage boosting and game will be instantly better.

3 Likes

An announcement to announce that sometime in the future they may have announcements.

Thanks. I think.

11 Likes

skill issue lol get better

9 Likes

but aim assist lol lmao w l

So much of this just look like they should not try to reinvent the wheel, you had something working, keep it that way, and make other stuff instead of breaking it then fixing something what im sure will take them long time if they ever do.

I think they absolutely nailed the core design of 5v5 and making Tanks/DPS feel a lot more fun. All they gotta do now is bring Supports up to the same level of Fun. Which would also solve Matchmaking Issues.

That, and patch the game faster, with better communication (which could mostly be on the form of verbose patch notes).

1 Like