Dev Update 10/14

They put this lisp guy on screen to replace the old lisp guy, hoping most people wouldn’t notice.

Chat/Volume settings on scoreboard. FINALLY!
but will the voice chat volume icon be green for grouped and blue for team, depending on which “room” you’re in? Guess we’ll find out.

Also Cynthia must cosplay as Mei, sometime.

What is untrue about what I said? Go re-read what I wrote and you’ll realize that you’re agreeing with me.

Everything about this game has slowly changed to favor the low-skilled end of the player base. You should know this.

The potential for skill expression continues to diminish as they attempt to broaden the appeal of the game to the average casual player. Soon this will be on-par with your average mobile game. Not only in the level of skill (and attention span) required, but also in the amount of Gacha mechanics that get incorporated into the experience.

Is what you said. Esc doesn’t do anything, that part is true, but you don’t have to click the buttons to proceed, that part is false. Space bar lets you proceed without clicking the buttons

Fair point. I agree with you that there is an alternative to clicking the buttons.

My objection to this UI choice is that it is deliberately inconsistent from the standard behavior of the escape key elsewhere in the game. From anywhere else in the menu system (outside of a match) you can spam the escape key to navigate you back to the main menu. The different behavior at the post-match screen is a subtle anti-consumer mechanism designed to increase engagement with the battlepass.

1 Like

What about the mains of “unpopular” heroes? The ones who run the risk of getting falsely reported before the match even begins?

Sure. I suppose I have no evidence or reason to say otherwise so sure. I could see this being the case

I think the game has actually become harder overall for the average player. Individual impact is more important in 5v5 than it was in 6v6, and it’s become more and more necessary to switch heroes throughout a match if you want to win. The projectile size changes did make it easier to hit things, though.

I’m mostly worried about things like Hog players refusing to switch even more than they already do now that they can just walk up to the high ground.

I rather have Jeff than aaron tbh, at least jeff was likeable

Just streamers and jobless people lol

I don’t think this is a nice thing to say. Both clearly care greatly about the game and have tried their best with the restrictions they had placed on them.

1 Like

I mean to be fair the hog player that won’t switch on dorado wasn’t switching anyway. Map is irrelevant to those people. At least now you have a better chance at winning those matches

I have 654/750 for that title in the last 2 years. I’ve not played a ton of comp but still a decent amount I’d like to think and I don’t meet the requirements lol

1 Like

Dev update but still no balance patch notes!? :smiling_face_with_tear:

It probably has. But not because of the move to 5v5, but because of the introduction of the DDA mechanics in casual modes. Combined with the algorithmic handicapping, there is absolutely no integrity to the match quality at all.

There

1 Like

I dont care if its nice or not, you know whats also not nice? LYING THROUGH YOUR TEETH TO THE LOYAL FANBASE OF THE GAME, WHEN OW 2 LAUNCHED AND THEY SAID PVE WAS COMING WHILE THEY KNEW IT WAS ALREADY CANCELLED, plus the game has objectively been worse since Aaron took command

Welcome to the new era of Overwatch. It’s no longer a gaming experience, but a gaslighting experience.

1 Like

They’re in no more danger than they were before
The update.

Like I said, reporting isn’t even difficult right now.

1 Like

That’s not what happened. They were clear about the fluid development process. I watched all those announcements live. We still got PvE missions; they just weren’t the highly-replayable style with talent trees they were hoping for and working on when they were first announced. Development obviously had to shift back toward PvP once it was clear that the development process they had envisioned became impractical and that it wasn’t sustainable to halt PvP content for any longer.

That’s why they kept saying they were hesitant to make big reveals and didn’t want to give too many details. Everything was changing constantly during the dev process, and they wanted to be able to make what they wanted as that changed without disappointing people by releasing something other than what they revealed.