Dev Team acceptance of 1Tricks, and no 2-2-2, strangled the game

But…

Jeff said 4 DPS doesn’t work and isn’t fun.

He isn’t wrong either.

1 Like

Yeah “because of the way the game is tuned”.

Why then is the solution to enforce the meta that people don’t instinctively want to play rather than tuning it differently?

It just makes no sense.

2 Likes

Because it’s a better game?

it’s easier to enforce the “meta” I guess if we use that term here rather than design the entire game around what people want.

Either way people lose if they change it in either direction (per opinions) or keep the game the way it is now, which is broken.

The whole game is a pickle essentially.

Explain to me how making the players choose between having fun and winning make the game better?

Or, if you’re one of the people who does want to play a supportive role 67% of the time, tell me how having half your team choose to enjoy themselves at the expense of your enjoyment and chances of winning improve the game for you?

1 Like

So, the answer is just that the developers don’t know how to make the game work? This is just like when they said that movement acceleration couldn’t be put in because they’d have to rebalance hitscan heroes. Like ???. The developers don’t want to improve their game because then they’d have to balance some imbalanced heroes??

And, I fail to see how aligning the game with what people want to play hurts anyone.

1 Like

Winning improves the game for me.

Having the game provide some sense to balance around, (see: Dropping No Limits) improves the game for me.

Adding a few more hand rails for a community that hasnt gotten it yet, such as role q, and 2-2-2, improves the game, just as dropping No Limits did.

Thanks for posting this, I missed it all together.

What no one realizes is that one tricks do get banned, they get permanently banned. You guys can continue to report them there will be no backlash for reporting one tricks.

They don’t want to change the game, that’s all that can be said in stone.

They don’t feel it will do it any good over what we have now.

It’s a sad and depressing state of affairs to come to terms with for any fan of the game. Just acknowledge it and move on at this point is all we can do.

So, how does forcing players to play what they don’t want to play improve the game for you over just tuning it such that your team can win whilst playing what they want to play?

How on earth does your team having fun hurt you?

1 Like

To be honest, the only reason I don’t use LFG is because I don’t actually want to group.

I’d be fine with it if there was a “one-and-done” setting where I could queue into a role for one game and one game only.

2 Likes

I think this is a player problem, not the games fault. I personally like that there isn’t forced 2-2-2, since that removes some of the creativity in the game.

You mean the “instant loss” generator?

I really wasted my time with OW, tbh.

No other development team can have such obvious problems and such obvious solutions placed in front of them, then just choose to not improve their game outside of budgetary concerns.

2 Likes

No, they removed the ability to prefer you as teammate. Got em!

Oh man, sick burn, I dunno how I’ll ever heal from these burns, my skin is literally flaking away its so charred.

1 Like

I feel like I read a different post at first or something, I deleted that one about them being bashed because this thread isn’t bashing. I’m just used to people asking for something, begging for it, then hating it when they finally get it. I overreacted.

I agree, I would love if they could be more active here to talk with us and I hope we can respond with constructive criticism. (I haven’t read this entire thread, but it seems like it’s all been fairly civil.)

I assume they’re busy and that’s why we don’t see them here too much, but I think a community manager could do wonders. Bungie for a long time, (I’m not sure about now) had a weekly update that kept us all informed on all the latest cool stuff, it gave the community a lot of insight even during slow times when everything had to be kept secret. Blizzard in general could really benefit from something like that I think. The community manager was also pretty active in the forums, he wasn’t always giving us updates, but just chiming in on interesting topics every now and then. It made it feel like the devs were always there in one form or another.

Choose between having fun and winning??

Isn’t WINNING the fun part? I know I certainly don’t have any fun when I’m losing. Maybe if others started to enjoy winning a bit more, there wouldn’t be so many problems, instead what they enjoy is being selfish and forcing everyone else to carry them.

1 Like

People enjoy winning less when they played heroes they dont enjoy playing. Its logical that people want to win on the heroes they like playing. Thats not a hard concept to grasp.

1 Like

Why do you think that so many games are full of people playing dps heroes, actively reducing their chances of winning? Why do so many qp games go on with 0 or 1 healers?

Those are all players choosing their own enjoyment over increasing their chances to win. Calling them selfish doesn’t solve this very obvious design flaw. Winning and enjoying the game should be precisely the same thing on as many levels as the developers can make it.

1 Like