DEPRESSED: Can't start OW

Hi there I tried everything under the ‘Overwatch Crashing at Startup’ thread but nothing works (I also reinstalled Blizzard and Overwatch) -
It just crashes with no error message whenever I open the game.

1 Like

Hey there Sakura! If you have not already, be sure to try the steps outlined in our forum post here:

If the crashes continue, please reply with a DxDiag so we can further investigate the problem. Here are the instructions to create a DxDiag file:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the DXDiag. It’ll look like this:
DXDiag goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

3 Likes

Uninstalling just the Chroma Connect module did the trick for me.

3 Likes

This was what worked for me as well.

Thought servers were still down for maintenance or something. Nope. I had just restarted my computer, and Razer installed an update or something.

Went to add/remove programs, modify the installation, removed Chroma Connect module from within the synapse installer. Boom. Fixed it.

Thank you so much for that. I was about to uninstall the game and reinstall, after pulling my hair out. lol

2 Likes

Thanks! This worked for me as well.