Delete this please..pls

Giving tips is a form of coaching btw.

Hope no one ever sees you play and tell you what to do over your shoulder, you might get banned according to you lolol

1 Like

You literally ignored what I just said. The information I got is from their website. I’m going by what they said. You’re going by what you think. Besides,
you misinterpreted the sentence. Read it again.

I already explained why that won’t be the case.

Now we’re arguing effectiveness? Lol, stop changing the argument half-way please.

I’ve noticed that you can copy and paste all of the arguments about why Visor isn’t cheating into a single text document.

And then you take that document and try to apply it to the screen that tells you your account is suspended.

And nothing will happen.

6 Likes

Why are you surprised? :joy:

1 Like

Idk why you keep arguing with them, they are taking the definition of the word too literally.

Cheat “act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage.”

The problem with that is, when taking into the context of this game, you are literally saying that learning itself is cheating. Therefore you cannot learn according to these people, and that’s the argument.

Where cheating in video games should only apply to each game separately, this means visor’s in-game tips, can be considered cheating, such was the case with league of legends and that app that showed camp timings before they were available to everyone. But a match history, some tips after the game, and stats ? that’s only to help you learn and be better.

If someone argues that trying to get better is cheating, you shouldn’t even try to argue with them tbh.

6 Likes

Blockquote

Give people a real API so real stats can be scraped for use in offline analytics and you minimize the desire for apps like Visor. People want this, so until you do so, people will continue to find workarounds that range from clever and not an in game advantage like Pursuit, or actually interact with the game and can be considered a cheat like visor.

By banning Pursuit you may as well ban the use of OBS or Shadowplay, apps people can use that interact with Overwatch so they can analyze their gameplay after a match. While you’re at it, you should ban Twitch and Youtube streaming as well to make sure that people aren’t stream sniping or getting in game consults from coaches.

8 Likes

Oh for god’s sake. Here, have a look for yourself, and please actually look at it. If not for mine, then your own sake.

http s://imgur.com/a/J1p01cy

Here’s an example of one of my games using Pursuit. It’s one of the better ones; it recognized my rank and who won the match (I didn’t, whomp whomp). Check the advice near the bottom. Looks neato, right? Must be written by someone real, right?

Wrong. Here’s the same page, only this time I changed my rank goal. I’m aiming for top 500 baby, here we go, 1v1 me with Zarya.

http s://imgur.com/a/OfNQgay

Look! The advice changed as soon as I pressed for a different rank! Everything changed! Y’know why? Because none of this is from a literal coach, it’s a tip-bot that compares my stats to the season 12 average, the platinum average, and to the top 500/diamond average, and it also just notes who I get killed by, something I can do myself if I wanted to, but don’t need to.

2 Likes

Sure, we should all just shut up and not question or try to change rules that we think are stupid. Nothing in the world ever changed when people who were dissatisfied spoke out against it.

(Warning: This post may contain high amounts of sarcasm, read with care.)

2 Likes

It seems as though you are just going to continue ignoring what I’m saying. I’m just going to conclude with, Blizzard thinks the contrary and end this argument or should I say, arguments.

It’s bugging the hell out of me, because Blizz relies on blind zealots like this to approve their most ridiculous actions, this action being one of them. It’s the most benign app in the world, and I actually believe it can help me get better at the game, because lord knows Blizz has no advice for me beyond “play nice”.

5 Likes

It doesn’t matter what blizzard thinks, if they didn’t want the opinion of the community the forums wouldn’t exist.

Are you telling me that the community is wrong to express their opinion on things they thing are wrong with the way they are directing their game?

Both of you have the tendency of arguing with strawmans…

1 Like

I mean if you want to do that you can, but that seems highly unproductive.

You gotta ignore that one. If they can’t be reason with then there is no purpose to pursue.

This isn’t debate class, you aren’t a master debater despite what you think, so stop trying to “strawman” us, we don’t give a darn. If you have nothing you want to contribute, step out, but otherwise no one cares if you whine about ad hominum post hoc ergo procter hoc.

Yea ending slavery was also “highly unproductive” lol. Are you for real here? You’re saying that noone should try to question or change rules inside a community?

3 Likes

You don’t need to be a master debater to know that a strawman is the most common logical fallacy. Besides, you and I had a debate. In a debate, you don’t argue with logical fallacies. :joy: