Delete this please..pls

Blizzard really about to pretend like they care about the competitive integrity of their game outside of OWL at this point. What a joke. If they really start banning people for using post-game analysis tools like Pursuit, I’ll take it as a sign that Blizzard doesn’t care about their game anymore. I can understand Visor, telling players when enemy ults are ready, but Pursuit doesn’t fall into that category.

If they want to get rid of these types of third-party programs, maybe they should implement some of the features that should have already been there to begin with. Still drives me insane that there’s not even an SR graph to track progress.

7 Likes

I don’t use either application and because I have no interest in letting a program play some aspect of a game for me or even analyze my games for me after they are over, I don’t particularly care what each does.

Also…

… which means that according to TPTB it is an application that isn’t permitted. So saying it is or isn’t a cheat is just semantics.

I don’t care if they work for the Vatican, Pursuit had permission and sponsorship from OWL, but thanks for licking his boots. :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

why would pursuit get you banned when it’s information you get AFTER the game and even then the report takes a few mins?

it’s just stats for you to review… it would be no different then having a replay system… and honestly pursuit should be the standard scoreboard for this game as Final Blows/Deaths are the most important stats you just need to know in a match.

4 Likes

i understand. Mouse and Keyboard top 500 people are the worst. I did have a top 500 on my team but they weren’t a MnK player. The Widowmaker Master on the enemy team however was and made our Widowmaker look like a joke. Ended up in a draw, but truth is, we would have won if it wasn’t the for MnK widowmaker always landing headshots only.

1 Like

Bro a lot of pro players charge money for VOD reviews. Jayne is a big example of this.

Outside help is outside help. That’s what this is about. Not effectiveness. Either the playing field is totally even or it is uneven. Whoever gains the advantage in an uneven situation is the cheater, because it’s not longer about raw skill vs raw skill. It’s your skill compounded by Janus, vs me alone. That’s uneven. You sought outside help to give you advantages in beating me. I didn’t. That’s what cheating is about.

It WOULDN’T be cheating if Blizzard is implemented Janus’ coaching into the game itself. If everyone had access to an AI bot with Janus’ level of skill and intelligence and it coached everyone who played the game at the same time…not cheating, because everyone has it.

Or else what? Sometimes it needs to be heard because for what they’ve provided I don’t see that response as a problem. If they truly cared about their game our responses would totally be different. How about you take a step back, let us vent and do the discussions because that’s what forums are for.

5 Likes

this is confusing. On one hand, teams have used it. On the other, Blizzard states its against ToS.

It’s like the left hand doesn’t know what the right is doing.

I think we need more clarity.

6 Likes

Just for clarification if you ran Visor with the tool tips off and it provided nothing but your own statistics, would it be fine? Or is it too hard to track that kind of thing?

Also, I’m not sure if this would fall under your control or department or not but do you have any plans integrate or work with a 3rd party programmer to allow something like Visor?

1 Like

Apparently this forum is for praising Tom and the mods without reservation. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Pretty sure that’s a hard nope. Pursuit is banned too now and it doesn’t even give you any feedback until after the match is finished.

2 things it is that’s not allowed.

• It’s a third party program
  • It gives insights that are, from what I’m reading from the website, intended to improve your game with advice from professional coaches that are personalized for every match. That is a cheat for 2 reasons. One, it’s giving you information that you as a player should be collection and two, is something that can give you an unfair advantage since the rest of the world doesn’t have it.
1 Like

It is really simple. The program is not a huge problem; however, it violates the terms and conditions. So Blizzard has to amend those, or condemn the program. I guess the latter was easier? Or maybe they genuinely thought that inaccurate ultimate tracking was a real and tangible advantage. No idea.

lol what… having a post match scoreboard is not a cheat…

2 Likes

If someone was really willing to go through with it and write down their own stats and track them by hand on a piece of paper or in Excel, is that also cheating? What’s the line here?

2 Likes

It’s something that the rest of the playerbase won’t have. Technically, it’s a cheat. Also, need I explain further? A official member of the Overwatch staff team already agrees with me.

Seems like it as if they done them a favor giving them cash in the shadows to say stuff like that. The only praise I actually given to moderators on Blizzard forums would be WoW. I would say HoTs, but there’s no need because they know how to keep their game interesting and have a healthy meta. However Hots moderators are the first ones to accept my appeal in 2016 policies compared to OW.

1 Like

That’s not cheating. You, as a player, did that yourself.

Most of the playerbase doesn’t have a good graphics card or a good monitor. Is that “technically” a cheat?

Also, no one cares if they “agree” with you, buddy.

3 Likes

No? Lmfao, that doesn’t give you any advantage or disadvantage in a competitive fight unless you think your game looking pretty is an advantage.