Delete this please..pls

Most people don’t have high refresh monitors or expensive hardware that gives better results either. Most people don’t search for guides. Most people don’t pay for professional coaches. Are all of these bannable?

1 Like

its realy stupid, i was using that visor, its realy not giving any advantage or helping, just i would say its more training and remininding to check enemy ultimates… and its nice to see if you perfoming better or not in your hero average…
having a high end gaming pc with 300fps is more advantage vs 60fps laptop players, also playing with 200hz monitor vs 60hz monitor… but blizz stated it i delete it no problem just less fun for me.

if it’s not okay then it’s not following the rules, therefore breaking the rules and cheating

Are you daft? Breaking the rules doesn’t = cheating. If I play someone else’s account that’s not cheating. If I boost someone else’s account that is cheating.

cheat

verb
gerund or present participle: cheating
act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination.

Viewing stats and reviewing how well or poorly you played is not cheating.

3 Likes

Either way, its a third party program being used for a benefit in the game.
Even if it isn’t that much of a benefit, it still is one.

1 Like

Blizzard are clueless like always. Have been showing it forever.
Why is Pursuit banned exactly? It doesn’t show anything during the game, it simply analyzes matches.
By the same logic, deep learning overwatch app is also bannable.

1 Like

It’s just an AI coach.

Except it doesn’t give you any benefit IN game. It processes game stats THIRTY MINUTES AFTER the game ended. I guess having a 1080ti and being able to run this game at 300fps makes me a cheater, because some people can’t afford that right?

EVERYONE has access to pursuit. And it changes nothing about the game.

It’s so clear to see that people like yourself have never used, nor have any idea how pursuit works.

I’ve used OBS once in my game and I got the message from them. Is OBS also banned? Cause I am a bit afraid of having it on my pc as recording software :slight_smile:

I use OBS all the time and never received a message or get banned in any way.

Visor and Pursuit do use the same technology (Called video recording lol) Shadowplay does too and any other recording Software does Hell even some Aimbots do use the same Tech. (Fun Fact: That argument both Visor and Pursuit made that their program is not a cheat because it only records like obs is invalid. and it was from the beginning.)

They are different software the message probably came from something differently then OBS. Or simplified only because Visor and Pursuite said that there programm does work like OBS does not mean it acually has the same code then OBS.

OBS is not allowed as well…

Why should it?

1. You don’t get a message if you use it I literally use it every day. Also, you can go into PTR with it but you can’t with both Visor or Pursuit.
  2. It does not interact with the game in any way.
  3. It does not go against the Eula or the ToS.
  4. Only Visor and Pursuit are specially named.

Just a few reasons.

You can defenatly tell why Visor is banned.
And if you strech the rules you can even say Pursuit is justified

I’m a little late to the party; I’ve been taking an extended break from the game but have been keeping an eye on it in the (probably vain) hopes it will improve.

So…let me get this straight.

The two programs provide match history information and stats; K/D/A ratios, W/L ratios, hero usage, etc, and then provides analytics based on this data. Pursuit, in fact, shows scoreboard information for your matches, which really should already be in the game, but Blizzard thinks it’s toxic for…some reason.

The people who made these programs even have partnerships with OWL teams, which would imply that Blizzard knows about these programs and condones them.

And now Blizzard is saying you’re not allowed to even use these programs?

*grabs popcorn *

1 Like

well its not allowed… just check out the recent msg from the owner of pursuit… blizz stated that using OBS and then upload all the files to pursuit manuelly is still not allowed…

2 Likes

Yes!
But it does not stat that OBS is not allowed.
It stated that using:

I could use any recording Software for that to upload it to Pursuit (which I don’t do btw I only use Obs to record my games and go through them myself to improve what you should be doing instead of relying on some sort of AI.)

OBS in itself is not banned and they will not ban nor warn you for using it while playing the game.

How I said they have something on PTR that blocks you from entering it when you have the game running they don’t have that for OBS.

This got around on the Pursuit discord:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/381478973303029761/494940626412896266/image0.jpg

i dont know how blizz even wants to detect that.

if i record my games with OBS… then close blizz app… and upload it… how does blizz wants to control that.

its ridiculous tbh.

1 Like

Well I think it will be the same as with live coaching.
Its not allowed but they can’t do anything about it so they leave it be.

1 Like

How in any way shape or form, is getting stats THIRTY FULL MINUTES after the game finished, live coaching.

Please, I would love to hear this explanation.

You did not read what I meant with this did ya?

I answered the question of @keeeyt who ask how they will check if somebody uses Pursuit when they upload it manually afterward.

I answered it by saying that they probably will do nothing like they do with live coaching they can’t check it so they can’t ban it.

I never said that Pursuit is a live coach.
Yes I’m against Pursuit but that’s my personal opinion it does something that you should do you’re self but I know that alot disagree but in the end I think that’s the reason why Blizz banned it because it gives people that use it an advantage in telling them what they did wrong and where to improve people that don’t use it need to figure that out themselves.

That why I’m against it but I don’t think its a Live coach (Which I never said)

Interesting enough is that FRAPS won’t run with Overwatch since it has overlays. Yet some other apps like Discord or even the steam overlays can work well.

1 Like