Delete this please..pls

Just to let you know, that “thank you” feels really passive aggressive in this context. Do what you will with that opinion. I’m just saying. D:

2 Likes

Don’t really use pursuit anymore but I don’t see how anyone could think that program is an unfair advantage since the insights you get after the game is rather contradicting and toxic, like even if you do a flawless game it would give you 1-2 negative reviews and with many heroes, especially widow it often contradicted each other like something along the lines of “Most of your kills were headshots, try to inflict more damage to help your team” followed by “Hit less bodyshots to focus on one-shots”.
Also I tried it out with this group I played a lot with and it always gave us different overall elim/death results from the same games even if we didn’t tab out or anything so it was not the most accurate software, basically it works by taking prints and send it to a server for reading combined with pulling stats from blizzards own API (same one stats sites use).

So it follows the same policy blizzard have in hearthstone for example which is that anything that can be done by penn and papper is allowed. Like I said, you could just record the gameplay and go through it after and put the elims/deaths and your personal stats in excel and make a diagram from it.

So I highly doubt anyone gotten better by using it. Sure, it could give a team or group of friends that often play together an advantage but that’s more by being able to point out to others within your group that games seems to go horrible wrong when going for a certain type of comps or tell a teammate that they have much more impact when they do another hero in general and so on. It don’t track these stats but it does make it so you can kind of look through games in the match history with an easy overview and draw conclussions from that.

The only reason I tried it to begin with was to see if it would provide you with map related statistic with various heroes and so on, which it didn’t provide you with.

Again, a post-game report with laughable “insights” added to it based on screenshots from your own gameplay being an unfair advantage? How exactly? Or did I miss some setting that would have added an overlay and provide me with timers or other information that would actually be of value during the game? If so I’d get it.

1 Like

If Blizz doesn’t want us using third party stuff, then let us see our teammates’ KDs. I want an actual match history/scoreboard and not these dumb medals.

you know whats really bad…

joining LFG and then after the match… the leader pulls you out of the game before you can even see the stats.

you cannot even look it up anywhere…

1 Like

You just won comment of the day…

Unfortunately now people will be falsely accused of using it if they have really good game sense and they’ll get mass reported. Oh goody

Console players get to use Pursuit and never get any warnings or bans :smiley:

you can still use it on console where they cannot detect it.

I thought you couldn’t use it on console?

yea you can use it…

you need an old laptop for that… ive saw it on a youtube video. apparently blizz cannot track it down…

1 Like

its being explained here … beginning at 4:20min

3 Likes

If you need a 3rd party programm that badly to play overwatch i would say you deserv the ban.

How is using a program such as pursuit that assists with after game analysis, any different than seeking outside assistance with training, fitness, and nutrition in physical sports? To my knowledge there is no physical sport played casually or professionally that prohibits such training and assistance outside the game itself. It seems irrational to consider outside coaching and stat tracking in the context of a video game cheating, when similar advantage providing actions are not considered cheating in any other sport.

Dear Blizzard,

I haven’t used Visor yet so I don’t know how it works, but I do not understand why using Pursuit is not permitted.The mechanic of Pursuit is just recoding the on screen info and makes it as statistics. Basically the same as streaming/recording and having review from the coach.

If Pursuit is not allowed, then Overwatch League team Philadelphia Fusion, Overwatch World Cup team The Netherlands, Italy, and Canada will be also be banned. Those teams use Pursuit as the official analysis tool, or as a partner. As well as many Overwatch team coaches and streamers suggest to use Pursuit too.
If you take this further, it could also mean that Blizzard will ban all the streamers/video-uploaders; Those are technically the same as it provides all on-screen info to other randoms instead providing it specifically to Pursuit.

Overwatch will rapidly be a dead game if Blizzard takes all of this action (ban the teams/people using or suggesting Pursuit, plus all streamers/video-uploaders).
Is this a political confliction of Blizzard vs Esports community? Please reconsider the action of this situation.

Kind regards

1 Like

I’ve been saying in all my games today, “Thank god Blizzard banned Pursuit.gg now we can finally have a fair and balanced match, am I right?” and everyone just laughs and laughs. All jokes aside, to completely blindside one of the OWL sponsors like this is completely unprofessional. A sponsor advertises a product or service to the people watching the league, I would argue accepting them as a sponsor is accepting their product or service. To allow them to advertise their service then low-key threaten to ban everyone for using it is way out of line. Blizzard needs to re-evaluate what allowed situation to occur if they want this game to be taken seriously as an e-sport. I mean who would want to be a sponsor after this?

1 Like

Is there evidence they actually blindsided them? I’m not trying to presume anything, legitimately asking. There’s a good possibility they let the companies know that they’re not okay with it.

pursuits twitter response pretty much suggests this. “We are aware of the emails from Blizzard warning players of using third party software like Pursuit. We are looking into this and taking this very seriously. We will keep you posted as we have more information.” Plus all the responses to twitch streamers saying they’re looking into it and they don’t know why they’re being grouped together with visor since they had to get Blizzard approval for their OWL partnership.

Looking into this and taking it seriously screams blindsided imo.

It’s kind of shady, and I’m not absolving Blizzard for this, but they are remarkably ignorant about a lot of things that happen around their games. It’s really not a surprise, either way. Any game without modding support is going to act harshly towards anything that tries to manipulate it.

It’s really just the fact that it’s actively running over the game, rather than retroactively looking at it.

I totally agree with banning Visor, but Pursuit sound interesting: it’s not intrusive, it’s not used during the match. It’s post match. It analyzes the stats. What’s the harm in that? I think the community should go loud in that.

3 Likes

Pursuit should adjust their model to allow you to upload via streaming and then pointing the app at the streaming content.

It would do the same job. And as an extra it would let you analyze streamer games (if they don’t clutter their screens with too much overlays).

Considering what pursuit does…there is no valid reason to have it gather data the way it does other than making it more convienient.

1 Like