Delete this please..pls

That would be hilarious.

thats the only way for blizzard to stop the use of pursuit would be to ban obs. plus you can manually upload vods to pursuit. so is it against EULA for me to record myself now?

Yeah I understand what comes along with M$ but if you are a PC gamer you are unfortunately beholden to our Window$ overloads.

Yes, technically you can make some Linux-based OS’s work. But your average PC gamer does not want to go through the constant hoop-jumping and babysitting required to be able to game on a non-Windows OS.

you can run ubunto as well. people are lazy so windows it is. but there are many options to us for running software its whether or not they are supported by game devs

Gaming on Ubuntu is crap. Yes, it can technically be done, but it’s in no way comparable to the ease-of-use and the “it just woarks” feel of gaming on Windows.

Its not just being “lazy”. Some people do not want or have the ability to d**k around and troubleshoot with command line. And if you are trying to game on Ubuntu, you will have to touch command line at some point.

2 Likes

It may be crap, but at least its secure crap.

With the latest goings on at Blizzard you may see a giant uptick in user collaboration to make Linux distributions more gamer friendly.

1 Like

i know you will have to. its not people being lazy its devs being lazy. most people dont have the knowledge needed to edit command lines for stuff to work. i worded that lazily. the fact that no dev has even attempted to create viable pc software outside of linux and windows is dumb. the amount of money out there is nuts if someone succeeds with it catching on and being a legit 3rd option and 2nd option on pc and linux systems

Steam-OS gave it a shot. If there were a gaming-centric Linux based OS that would catch on, I would 100% move to it.

So then I would not have to run BASH-on-Ubuntu-on-Windows in my gaming PC when I WFH, lol.

(Although I give M$ credit, it works pretty well and gets the job done).

2 Likes

LOL, I like that. I used Ubuntu for World of Warcraft on WINe for a long time. The only issue I had was you were about a week behind while waiting for updates, as they were all designed for Windows and OSX. As far as the performance goes, I had better performance out of my hardware in Linux then I did in Windows. All my hardware was Linux friendly and system resources are user controlled.

Now that Blizzard has come out and said, “We will ban you if you use things we shouldn’t be able to see running anyway.” I will be moving to Linux period.

1 Like

I know… ridiculous isn’t it? I’ll take Overwatch league seriously when Overwatch devs take competitive ladder seriously.

Tom,

I’m hoping for some clarification, so that I can actually make an informed decision if I am allowed to run future third party applications or not. What has me confused is mainly why Pursuit is disallowed, but Overtrack is fine. They both record and analyze the killfeed, including what abilities that are used by opposing players, and neither provide any feedback during the game.

Is the difference that Overtrack doesn’t upload the capture, in small regions, until the match is complete, while Pursuit streams the video capture? If Pursuit were to wait until the match was over before it performed any analysis, or even before it even sent any data, would that be allowed?

In short, is it that fact that information is being sent in real-time that is the issue? So should we stay away from any apps like that in the future?

As far as I know Pursuit does wait until the end of the match. That’s how I’ve used it anyway.

1 Like

Afaik it streams the videofeed to the server directly, and analyzes it continously, it just doesn’t present the results until after the match is over. There is a big difference between the two, as if the analysis is done in real-time, it’s quite possible to expose that information through for example a web interface that can be watched while playing.

Here’s my question: Why not just have a scoreboard? What’s the worst that could happen?

Paladins has a scoreboard and it’s not like there’s huge, toxic arguments going on. Any FPS worth it’s salt has one. It’s been something requested (like many things in OW) for years and it makes a lot of sense.

The toxic argument doesn’t exist. No one is toxic over scoreboards. The fact so many are concerned about Pursuit being a banable offense just for the desire to have a scoreboard speaks volumes, in my opinion.

3 Likes

why would they do anything to help with toxicity at this point. the stats they give us are garbage stats it you do 1 hp of damage you get credit for the elim. the fact that i cant see how many times my healers have died or how many real elims my damage has is so asinine

“Pursuit currently sponsors a number of the Overwatch World Cup teams”.

1 Like

Hey here’s an idea. Instead of banning programs, you get off your asses and build the tools that the community has been asking for since day one.

You try and tout this game as an esports leader, yet stats are laughable, there’s no API, and not even a replay function 2 years in. instead of crying BUT IT’S UNFAIR how about doing your job?

4 Likes

Even worse: Their own damn stat tracking is broke. They still havn’t fixed the stupid damage per 10 minutes stat.

1 Like

Blizzard please clarify what exactly is pursuit doing thats not allowed?
If it only does what it says obs must be banned too if it does something else they where lying to us and affected user need to know

I understand why you would think that’s important, but trust me buddy, it isn’t. In a game where eliminations aren’t just given to the guys who secure the final blow, caring about getting gold has to be the biggest waste of energy imaginable. If you have gold elims in a match, congrats. No matter how much context you think you need, nobody cares about how many gold medals you have, or what the disparity between gold and silver elims is. If you want to brag about it because you’re depressed and REALLY need that kind of validation, then by all means you do you.

With the scoreboard in CS, the only positive is that you can see how you compare to others FOR THAT MATCH ONLY. Caring too much about the current match is a myopic approach if you’re trying to climb the ladder. You can easily use the given statistics menu in the career profile to extrapolate what it is you’re looking for, you just have to be smart about it. For example these are a few of the things I track per game aside from how many deaths I have:

Ana - sleep darts, defensive assists, and try to have unscoped and scoped accuracies around 65%
Pharah - direct rockets, solo kills, accuracy higher than 50%
Mcree and Widow - critical hits, accuracy no lower than 50%

Team comps vary so wildly sometimes it’s hard to compare the total healing over 2 matches if one match you get some smart and patient tanks, and the other you have to heal mostly squishies. Just find something to track that you find important and worry about you.