Delete this please..pls

this is ridiculous…why should people get banned for using pursuit ? an app that shows your own stats AFTER the game. it’s like saying you can’t record your own games and watching them…it’s absurd. Agreed visor.gg was giving players an advantage mid game. However pursuit doesn’t give you any advantage it only shows you your own mistakes from which you may or may not improve but for me it did help. It made me realize when i died way too much and who killed me so i know i have to improve playing against hanzo or protecting my supports for example.

If you want to ban pursuit then give me back my stats in game. I want a full stats overview after each match. I want to know how much damage/kills/deaths i have compare to my rank average. Why ban an app because it tracks stats better than the ones you give us in game ? seriously ? since overwatch was released we still have the most useless stats ever… “I HaVe GldDaMaGe” wow really useful stats…at this point you might as well remove medals and stats completely from the game since this is what you are slowly doing by removing leaderboards for the whole team and hiding profiles and banning pursuit.

3 Likes

Can I get a link?

Yeah, I know. I emailed them. xOx

Note that the “code” still has to “change or facilitate gameplay or other functionality.”. Again, the whole clause matters.

Helping players increase their skill is not a functionality of Overwatch, nor is it gameplay.

PLease EXPLAIN how pursuit.gg violates the EULA? it doesnst at all. BLizzard better be adding something like it or else they are just arses. how dare a person get some post game feedback.

1 Like

The vast majority of players here who actually know what Pursuit is supports it, even if they don’t use it themselves, while those who don’t know what it is are siding with Blizzard. :thinking:

2 Likes

2 things. It can be considered a cheat and it is bad according to your own words so I don’t even know why you don’t want it banned.

go figure someone who knows what pursuit is supports and someone who has no knowledge on it is against it. sound like sheep

no. after ANY CODE Is an AND/OR.
That means ANY CODE stands alone. ANY CODE can cause a ban.
My mistake, yes I agree. Or other function. Automating stats is Other Functions.

That’s not how words work. The actual quote is “any code and/or software.” As in, it doesn’t matter whether the item in question is categorized as “code” or “software” (which are very technically different things) it still falls under the agreement if it modifies or enhances the gameplay or functionality of Overwatch

EDIT: yay! We edited at the same time!:wink:

1 Like

in regards to visor yes but in regards to pursuit not so much. the software screen records and than post game breaks down the kill feed and your post game stats. essentially just taking a bunch of screen shots of the game. overbuff and other websites due the same thing via your profile and have yet to be banned.

I saw a image about it specifically stating they had to get approval first, but I cannot post links or images.

you can still record your game… and either upload it on their site or let it run on your pc… you still get THE SAME RESULT… ppl who claim that blizz will remove/punish this cheat … it wont. it doesnt change anything for ppl who still wanna use it.

you still will feel bad about a player getting a post match scoreboard aka outside help.

1 Like

So is word processing, or screen sharing or instant messaging. All these things are “other functions”, but that doesn’t mean Blizzard gets to ban people because they have a document open in Word while they’re playing the game.

The code has to be “used in connection with the Platform.”. If this ever went to court, I imagine this is what the lawyers would argue over. Is teaching a player how to play better offline “connected to the Platform”? What about AimHero or other aim practicing software? What about YouTube tutorials?

My opinion (which may or may not fly in court) is that teaching somebody how to use software is separate functionality from the software itself.

Use the preformatted text command.

https://i.imgur.com/c4DOSuo.png
1 Like

By that logic all the esports teams have been cheating for having people coach them between matches.

1 Like

I"m not trying to convince anyone of anything.

That’s…not how Warden works. It uses specific id protocols that are compared to known programs that have been banned. If/when it finds a match, the account is flagged. The user is then given a warning, a suspension or a ban.

In that case, Pursuit just needs to let you stream to them from OBS, or other broadcasting software. There’d be no way for Blozzord to detect this.

2 Likes

They do, but the program itself is used to upload the video after the fact. The OBS plugin was created for console users and dual pc streamers.

That is what pursuit uses in their program is OBS. So it’s kind if silly to me they got listed.

This would be a possible work around, until Blizzard bans OBS.