Delete Supports and Tanks in OW2

It’s all being catered to DPS anyway, so why have these roles when there’s gonna be so much damage?

66 Likes

it was a playtest, hence why they can change certain aspects later.

7 Likes

Tanks have already been deleted. They have been replaced by a more fragile, higher dps version of themselves. Dva’s micromissles and cannons have been buffed so much she can delete Brig in a second. Tanks, are just more dps options for players who might want more HP.

Supports are on the verge as also being homogenized as DPS, or will decline into being accessories for DPS to wear.

59 Likes

I have a feeling that once the supports become the new least played role, they’ll knock one support off the game and justify it like they did for the tanks.

37 Likes

Because Overwatch gets it’s roots from Class Based Shooter games, where the idea of Tanks and Healers having good firepower is normal.

Why try to act like Overwatch needs to be designed as if it’s not primarily a shooter game?

Why does it need to follow RPG/MOBA archetype designs, especially if those are horribly unpopular?

5 Likes

The forums are considered a pointless echo chamber of angry Plat Tank/Support mains thanks to takes like this :+1:

The roles are extraordinarily different from one another and thats blatantly obvious. Bap, Ana, Lucio and Zen had 0 issue having impact in the recent OW2 gameplay.

Dva was doing great despite the tidal wave of people swearing on their lives that “Offtanks will be throwpicks!!!”

14 Likes

But for real, if they want the game more like Call of Duty, why? Why take the downside of the queues when they could just make dps more interesting and drop the roles?

CoD and OW are not even in the same universe, and they weren’t even close when CoD was experimenting with hero abilities and even Ultimates.

The heroes are what make Overwatch. People bought the game due to how fun and unique all the heroes were, and CoD will never have that.

Wanting the game to be more than just “Shoot the Shields, and fight the Nano’d/IF’d MT 24/7” isn’t wanting CoD. People want the freedom Overwatch used to have before the Devs shoved hero synergies and forced teamwork down everyones throats via Add-in heroes.

Teamwork used to be a skill gap, not a forced bare minimum. Making heroes weaker together but stronger individually makes teamwork a skill gap again, and not something inauthentic and brainless.

16 Likes

I thought the developers were the ones who wanted it to play more like CoD. I am not talking about people complaining about barriers or cc.

More like if they want a game like LoL or WoW PVP.

No thanks. DPS might be overpowered in OW2 but this is taking it too far

1 Like

ok I call your bluff. lets see how people react if we actually meet the standard of “shooter” and give say moira’s dps capability is buffed to then (i.e. idk 90~120dps or so with no tightening of grasp at all) with damage orb enabling moira to burst down a hypermobile hero then :^) :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

Yes we are all familiar with how good and fast Blizzard is with changing aspects after 5 plus years. The scary thing is they even tried these changes and could not even see from a glance they would not work. I’m not even sure they won’t keep stubbornly trying to somehow try and implement these changes.

5 Likes

Well if they did, it would be tied to headshots from the beam.

Interesting idea incidentally…what if all lasers could headshot…

Including Moira, Zarya, and Symmetra

You will cry more when nobody wants to play these roles and dps ques are 30+

15 Likes

No i won’t, because i only play QPC. I couldn’t care less if we have 5 dps and Ana

1 Like

Maybe because people chose to play this game over the other shooters was because it wasn’t a shooter game but had some elements of it.

12 Likes

Me when I lie:

1 Like

‘DPS bad, Tank/Support good’
Again

3 Likes

It’s also normal for both to have incredible defensive capabilities, that do not fall apart from mere seconds of fire.

People aren’t upset, that damage is increased - people are upset, that defense is weakened at the same time.

5 Likes