Deflect was over-nerfed

The hitbox was adjusted to fit the animation that was a known issue by the devs, it wasn’t nerfed, it was fixed.

1 Like

Though implementing such a feature would cause horrible inconsistencies, it would be very stange to say the least. Sometimes the game would register the front as the back due to odd collision mechanics for example.

That’s also a reason why melee attacks are the size of the users entire screen, if it wasn’t it would be horribly inconsistent to use.

It’s pretty much not worth the bugs and overall inconsistent nature it would cause to be added.

1 Like

Jeff previously acknowledged the deflect hitbox as fine before the nerf, and said it was as it was for good reason.

They went back and changed it after, it weakened the ability overall, so it was a nerf.

It was also listed under “Hero Changes” and not “Bug Fixes”

Lol what, it’s still too big. I almost never shoot Genji unless it’s directly behind, because deflect is still noob mode.

It’s a hero change yeah, but it addressed an issue that the devs stated was an animation issue.

Bug maybe not, but not a balance change either. It was a problem not with his coding or kit but with the way animation and hitboxes functioned, and it was fixed not balanced.

Genji doesn’t need any buffs at this point.

Never said Genji needed any buffs, I think he’s perfectly balanced and shouldn’t be changed.

It did weaken the ability, so technically it was a nerf, or at least it can be viewed as such.

2 Likes

because genji is under powered right? /s

It was big enough to defend almost his entire team in a grav. It was too big

1 Like

Deflect wasn’t nerfed enough. It shouldn’t block melee.

1 Like

Nah, Just know better then everyone else.

It should block melee, it’s literally the only thing by common logic it should block. Melee going through deflect would make it feel so anemic.

It’s also a defensive utility, I don’t see people complaining that melee doesn’t pierce Zarya bubbles.

Hmm interesting point of view

Let me share something you might not know
Unlike real sports where gold is the highest ranking, in overwatch it’s one of the lowest for some reason

Hope you’re doing better against all those Mei’s now though, you got plenty of advice in that one thread

Stat shaming with hidden profile, pfft, smells like <500 sr :kissing_heart:

Not stat shaming, just pointing out a possible reason why you might falsely think you have a good grasp on the game.

But eh you’ve already convinced me that you’re trolling so I won’t bite anymore, ciao!

Nice cop out, I am in the wrong, he must be trolling, snowflakes these days :blush:

Also your name is now Scott.

From the perspective of the mcree -> genji interaction, it was definitely weakened too much in my opinion. It’s too easy to land flashbangs on genjis now. It doesn’t feel as engaging to me to try and stun a genji when he’s deflecting infront of me. I will admit I’m biased because I spent a lot of time trying to perfect the angle in deathmatch, though.

From the perspective of being able to deflect stuff through floors or when you accidentally shot a projectile like hanzo’s arrow off to the side of him and it got deflected back, that was pretty annoying, sure. I can’t really complain about that stuff happening though because I almost never noticed it. I didn’t think it was as big of a problem as people made it out to be.

Are you asking for them to bring a bug back? There’s no other name for what his deflect hitbox used to be other than bug. It is supposed to be some sort of personal protection and not Reinhardt’s shield.

No. Absolutely not. It should cover genji and genji only. Where it’s at right now is perfect. It doesn’t need to be any larger.