Defense Matrix Season 9 Update – Endorsing Positive Players

Defense Matrix Season 9 Update – Endorsing Positive Players

Learn more about our efforts to improve Endorsements for players and deter disruptive behavior leading into Season 9.

View Full Article

5 Likes

Why y’all double posting everything now?

1 Like

Poor short term memory. Poor short term memory.

15 Likes

Oh boy can’t wait to see what Orwellian nightmare they’ve been cooking this time

17 Likes
5 Likes

It’s only a nightmare to toxic players :smiley: Oddly enough, the higher the player endorsement, the more skilled and less toxic they tend to be. Not always the case, but a general trend.

4 Likes

Yo team4, you punish people who leave quickplay games more than you punish creators who stream themselves ruining thousands of players games for the sake of ‘‘entertainment’’.

Thoughts?

46 Likes

I have big doubts about that…

18 Likes

Giving Endorsements More Impact
A common theme of feedback we’ve heard is to give Endorsements greater impact.

We’ve decided to ignore this feedback

Can someone explain this part?

7 Likes

With the leavers penalty now coming to Mystery Heros, please fix the auto-que

3 Likes

It’s always hard to tell since so many players use multiple accounts. However, high endorsements do tend to favor POTG’ers and big heal numbers.

1 Like

nah, if you want endorsement level 5 you just play team deathmatch and pick mercy every match

3 Likes

I’m 5 on endorsements and probably have under 1 hour on Mercy the whole 7+ years OW has been online. I do play a lot of Widow tbh, and Ana when I flex into support.

1 Like

okay if you’re getting level 5 endorsement on widow then that’s just pure skill

3 Likes

The only problem with being a Widow main is the constant practice needed to maintain that aim. Once you start branching out to other non-hitscan DPS, that aim decays quickly lol.

2 Likes

This is cute but can we get the patch notes (even though we already know them). Thanks

1 Like

Interesting they said that 9 other people are just as passionate as you playing the game but that is not true in ranked gotten plenty of people trolling or they just play ranked like unranked you play it to win but some people play it to not give a crap

2 Likes

Cool. But I’m not gonna lie:
Sometimes I’m toxic in a recreative way.
It’s part of my charm.

3 Likes

The cliff notes version of this post include:

1. Players will now be able to endorse friends
  2. Some Arcade modes will now have leaver penatlies
  3. Players will get more details on any bans incurred
  4. Cheating is still an auto-ban for accounts only. Still no perma-bans on player hardware.
6 Likes

I’ve been banned without warning or reason. When I checked the email about the ban that I have most recently gotten, all I was told was the ban duration. Nothing explaining why I was banned. I contacted support and it has been over a day since I made the initial support message, with no response from support. If you are going to ban someone from playing the game for a full month, at least explain the reason why. I hope with the transparency changes mentioned in this post, there will be reasons given in the notification email saying why the player was banned, not just a ban duration and vague mention of the EULA.

6 Likes