Decrease Orisa pull range from 7 M to 5 M

Mercy was very close to 50% due to her pick rate because that’s just how math works when you subtract 1 for every 1 you add.

I’m a Hog main. And I still hate this Meta.

2 Likes

Then make the profile private and tell them you won’t play it. If they become toxic mute and report them.

It’s quite easy.

I would just like counterplay that works against orisa that isnt already more powerful against alternative tanks. Feels like a lot of the time if the enemy has an orisa you probably need to be playing orisa too or you just lose.

And yet Orisa is balanced hero and halt is the most difficult to use ability of her because it completely screws your depth perception, it’s slow and easy to resist being pulled off stages.

Decreasing halt range makes it useful only for halt hook and not it’s intentional usage, environmental kills and catching flankers like doom.

You can’t have Rein and goats forever meta after targeted nerfbats.

1 Like

Something something Rein something something Shatter something something barrier.

We’ve seen this in every other meta. everything you said has applied to Rein equally.

2 Likes

thats a very blanketed statement

personally i never complained about dive or goats but bunker was always a slow paced and not fun comp to run

and its not just me thats a tank main who hates this meta

see

because almost all the other tanks are useless

You mean like Orisa was when Rein was meta?

Hmmm. It’s almost like there’s only room for one anchor tank in any meta. :thinking: Orisa was literally a throw pick just a few months ago.

9 Likes

I know the feeling. As much as I normally enjoy Roadhog, he loses most of his fun as soon as he’s combined with Orisa. Positioning and predicting for hooks loses all relevance. You just get them all for free, even from behind walls/barriers, with Halt.

1 Like

Ah yes, “Rein was op for a long time, therefore it is ok for another hero to be OP now! And it will be even more ok when the next hero is OP!” I would hope blizzard doesnt force artificial metas so blatantly by creating a game that is inherently unfair.

rein was op for nearly a year. orisa gets the spotlight for thirty seconds, and people don’t bother to wait for a balance change or find out why, they just ready their pitchforks.

8 Likes

No

Could you tell me how Rein was OP without mentioning Pick and Win rates?

Rein wasn’t OP. He provided a large health shield that he could move with. Orisa and her team was planted where the shield was until she could place a new one. Until people figured out that HaltHook was an insanely good combo that could stop a push before it even really began. Mobile teams were thought to be the greater strategy, merely because if anything can be acted upon, whether it be to attack fast off a pick, or retreat because the fight is lost. And Rein, although slow with his shield up, has much better mobility while shielding than Orisa. Remember when Junkertown was released? Remember who was the star Main tank? Orisa She was the shield for the Pirate Ship strat. She shielded Bastion and used her Halt ability to feed him damage and kills. Orisa is just insanely powerful at feeding heroes kills.

Rein also has high health and high damage at close range, which helped in close combat situations.

She has been in the gutter for almost 2 years. And has had no major changes. She does not need a nerf.

Dps need a nerf and off tanks need to to have options to provide protection then rein will be back on top again. Orisa is the result of the devs making off tanks crap and dps powercept to counter comps. Orisa is not the problem.

5 Likes

I think the pull range is fine, what needs to be looked at is the stun.

Orisa got a quality of life change that’s it. She’s not busted. Dps are the ones that have been powercrept. Who works well with hero’s like machine gun mcree? Orisa. Mean while rein lost a extra tank now 3-3 is gone and d.va can’t protect anything. Rein comps have been screwed by blizzards poor balancing.

Both rein, Winston, d.va all feel bad to play because they are overwhelmed with damage and don’t have enough protection. That’s not orisas fault that her and roadhog are the last good tank comp left. Many of the Dps need thier damage brought down and d.va needs to be a actual tank again. Do that and we will be fine. Nerfing Orisa is the a unhealthy way to go

Seriously. This happens every single time with the tank meta. When rein and zarya were meta everyone was saying they’re op and need nerfs and now that they’re not meta they’re suddenly not op anymore. The meta shifts. Deal with it. What we really need is just more tank support options, then the meta should be more diverse.

5 Likes

Exactly we need more than only 2 options for anchor tanks, and we need offtanks that can provide actual protection like we used to have and not just fat flimsy Dps.