December Contenders skins revealed!

nice :smiley:
charlim

1 Like

Thats annoying. I didn’t get the Mercy skin not because I didn’t want to watch the streams but because my timezone didn’t allow me to watch the streams at a reasonable time. Now it seems like it will be even harder to get it this time.

1 Like

I’m happy for the people who like these contender skins but I can’t help but say ehh. It’s just different colors. I could understand the hype if it added new designs or something.

Makes me wish they added a dye function to the already existing cosmetics

3 Likes

Sweeeet!!! Thanks for the heads up!!

1 Like

This is rather upsetting and unfair to the players that literally broke our neck to WORK to get these two skins, especially Mercy, when the month of October only had a few more matches to watch as this announcement first hit. But each streamed match runs at least 6-8 hours typically so I planned it all out and made sure I completed the required time to get it. Now a few players are crying because they didnt know about it or it wasnt enough time and you give them an extra chance to get it while putting a giant finger in the air to those of us who made it a priority and also show it clearly wasnt difficult to get…you just had to want it bad enough. I guess " You snooze You lose" doesnt apply THIS time, even tho the rest of the time Blizz just responds with “yea sorry bye now, working as intended.”

Next thing you know you will be bringing back the Pink Ribbon Mercy for more players to get a collector skin (isnt there a reason its called collectors???)…Oh wait, you’re already planning on doing that too, nvm…pffft…

While you’re at it, could you just list all the Pacific/Atlantic League collectors skins in the OWL store in game. At least on this you would be making some money. But seriously, this is a bad ref call to bring back something that shows our dedication to the game and events, only to have a whole bunch of late comers sporting it now. Well it was fun wearing it while it lasted until every other player has it too…huge thanks to this genius executive decision.

1 Like

This is not correct, there was at least one stream with system-end technical malfunctions and that resulted in hundreds of players not getting the skin even if they did earn enough hours. I would be willing to bet if you were one of those players, you would have been screaming and having a fit. I spent a lot of my free time investigating this and worked to make sure EVERYONE is getting a FAIR and HONEST chance to earn every skin. In fact, I wish Blizzard could have done a little more investigating and worked to manually reward to the skin to anyone who earned the time necessary, but at least this way this second chance is accommodating those who had an issue in October.

Forgive me if I sound harsh about this, but I don’t give a damn about you or anyone else’s misguided concepts to a so-called “right to exclusivity” for any given digital cosmetic item. Now I don’t believe skins like Pink Mercy or previous OWL All-Star skins will ever return, but to quote Jeff Kaplan “Never say never!” There have been 3 Legendary Skins that appeared in an exclusive promotion and was later given a second chance or put in the standard loot box distribution. I am fine with any decision Blizzard makes to re-release any promotional skin in the future, because I don’t need to have a certain combination of pixels to feel special in Overwatch. I believe to feel special in Overwatch means being defined by your actions.

16 Likes

I would be the coolest guy ever if I had the Blizzcon 2016 Bastion pixels, though.

1 Like

Nice
Schedule update needed

1 Like

Awww. Those OWL All-Star skins are on for so short a time. I missed one of them and have always hoping they would have a redo :frowning:

2 Likes

First matches are December 4th in case anyone is wondering, South American Gauntlet matches.

I wish the Gauntlet was at LAN this year like it was last year, that was amazing, but alas, COVID.

2 Likes

I will be updating the streaming schedule appropriately in the pinned thread tomorrow.

2 Likes

Junkrat :face_vomiting:.

1 Like

It’s a pretty universal experience, so it’s not really annoying, especially because you can just let it run on your PC/phone/game console and not actually watch it. Don’t get me wrong, I like watching the matches, but most of them that happen while I’m awake are while I’m at work.

So I run it in a separate browser behind my other screens :wink:

1 Like

its not its a lie u cant

1 Like

I missed Lucio skins (sadly). I wonder if there will be a way to get him in the future.

2 Likes

Might as well post the schedule here as well… also times now display in your local time zone!

:cn: :kr: :australia: = APAC Region | :eu: = Europe | :us: = North America | :brazil: = South America

Friday, December 4th @ 7:00 PM - :brazil: Gaunlet Group Stage Day 1
Saturday, December 5th @ 7:00 PM - :brazil: Gaunlet Group Stage Day 2
Sunday, December 6th @ 7:00 PM - :brazil: Gaunlet Group Stage Day 3
Thursday, December 10th @ 8:00 AM - :cn: :kr: :australia: Gaunlet Group Stage Day 1
Thursday, December 10th @ 6:00 PM - :eu: Gauntlet Knockout Stage Day 1
Thursday, December 10th @ 10:00 PM - :us: : Gauntlet Knockout Stage Day 1
Friday, December 11th @ 8:00 AM - :cn: :kr: :australia: Gaunlet Group Stage Day 2
Friday, December 11th @ 4:00 PM - :eu: Gauntlet Knockout Stage Day 2
Friday, December 11th @ 7:00 PM - :brazil: Gaunlet Knockout Stage Day 1
Friday, December 11th @ 10:00 PM - :us: : Gauntlet Knockout Stage Day 2
Saturday, December 12th @ 8:00 AM - :cn: :kr: :australia: Gaunlet Group Stage Day 3
Saturday, December 12th @ 4:00 PM - :eu: Gauntlet Knockout Stage Day 3
Saturday, December 12th @ 7:00 PM - :brazil: Gaunlet Knockout Stage Day 2
Sunday, December 13th @ 12:00 AM - :us: : Gauntlet Knockout Stage Day 3
Sunday, December 13th @ 8:00 AM - :cn: :kr: :australia: Gaunlet Group Stage Day 4
Sunday, December 13th @ 4:00 PM - :eu: Gauntlet Knockout Stage Day 4
Sunday, December 13th @ 7:00 PM - :brazil: Gaunlet Knockout Stage Day 3
Sunday, December 13th @ 10:00 PM - :us: : Gauntlet Knockout Stage Day 4
Monday, December 14th @ 6:00 PM - :eu: Gauntlet Knockout Stage Day 5
Monday, December 14th @ 10:00 PM - :us: : Gauntlet Knockout Stage Day 5
Tuesday, December 15th @ 6:00 PM - :eu: Gauntlet Knockout Stage Day 6
Tuesday, December 15th @ 10:00 PM - :us: : Gauntlet Knockout Stage Day 6
Wednesday, December 16th @ 6:00 PM - :eu: Gauntlet Knockout Stage Day 7
Wednesday, December 16th @ 10:00 PM - :us: : Gauntlet Knockout Stage Day 7
Thursday, December 17th @ 6:00 PM - :eu: Gauntlet Knockout Stage Day 8
Thursday, December 17th @ 10:00 PM - :us: : Gauntlet Knockout Stage Day 8
Friday, December 18th @ 10:00 AM - :cn: :kr: :australia: Gaunlet Knockout Stage Day 1
Friday, December 18th @ 6:00 PM - :eu: Gauntlet Knockout Stage Day 9
Friday, December 18th @ 10:00 PM - :us: : Gauntlet Knockout Stage Day 9
Saturday, December 19th @ 10:00 AM - :cn: :kr: :australia: Gaunlet Knockout Stage Day 2
Saturday, December 19th @ 6:00 PM - :eu: Gauntlet Knockout Stage Day 10
Saturday, December 19th @ 11:00 PM - :us: : Gauntlet Knockout Stage Day 10
Sunday, December 20th @ 10:00 AM - :cn: :kr: :australia: Gaunlet Knockout Stage Day 3
Sunday, December 20th @ 7:00 PM - :us: :eu: Gauntlet NA vs. EU Showmatch

6 Likes

Thank you :smile:

Also worth noticing that it displays in 24 hour time format where the countries prefer using that.

I don’t understand this. Weren’t Torbjorn and Lucio last month?

1 Like

Yes they were at the time of my post those matches were in November

1 Like

When can we get dva? And will they ever give those of us that watched 15+ hours of contenders the mercy skin cause I havent gotten mine.

Edit: they’re giving us another chance in december!! I love the holidays.

1 Like