3 Likes

Let’s look at how every tank is doing right now:

D.Va

• Is meant to peel for teammates
  • Is meant to deny bursts of damage with Defense Matrix

Can she do that job properly? No.

Orisa

• Is meant to lock down areas
  • Is meant to provide assistance with offense (with Halt and Supercharger)

Can she do that job properly? No.

Reinhardt

• Is meant to lead the attack, and brawl with the enemy
  • Is meant to shield the team from incoming damage

Can he do that properly? No.

Roadhog

• Is meant to secure kills with Hook
  • Is meant to brawl with the enemy without Hook

Can he do that properly? The first half, yes, but not the second. The second is a big part of his gameplay, or is supposed to be.

Sigma

• Is meant to control the battlefield with his movable shield, Grasp, and Accretion
  • Is meant to mitigate damage

Can he do that properly? Sometimes.

Winston

• Is meant to leap onto targets and damage them
  • Is meant to provide very much offensive power

Can he do that properly? Yes.

Wrecking Ball

• Is meant to disrupt the enemy team with his CC
  • Is meant to dive the enemy backline

Can he do that properly? Maybe, if the enemy doesn’t CC lock him.

Zarya

• Is meant to capitalize on offensives
  • Is meant to brawl with the enemy team, while protecting teammates

Can she do that properly? Yes.

So most tanks here can’t do their main jobs properly. As you saw.

The stats really don’t mean anything with this topic. If anything, they support my statement. Hog wouldn’t be most picked if other tanks were good.

His hook combo has always been lethal. What’s so different now? Tank balance.

2 Likes

Roadhog didn’t cost you 700 SR. You did.

8 Likes

Roadhog singlehandedly cost me 700 SR. Why do you think i’m trying so hard to make a difference? Why do you think i obsess over this hero?

1 Like

I really doubt that. I played D.Va during Hog Zarya and gained 200 SR.

1 Like

You forgot that the dps and supports got nerfed as well as tanks. If we buff tanks we’ll have to buff the other 2.

2 Likes

If it’s underperforming heroes, sure, I’m not opposed to that. But we don’t buff heroes that are doing fine, like Ashe or Soldier.

1 Like

Yeah you doubt that because you play tank. You don’t understand at all.

I have around the same time on DPS and Tank (more time on DPS as this post is typed).

Yes, she can.

Yes. Her issue is that Dive is meta, a comp that directly counters her playstyle (though she could use a small shield buff to further anchor her into her proper niche)

Yes, he can. His issue is that the meta DPS are snipers and a flanker. Both have rather easy ways of working around it which isn’t necessarily a big issue since that’s how they’re supposed to work.
That and high sustain damage hitscan, i.e. Soldier, are doing quite well and that’s not too good for shields.

He can. His issue is the same as Orisa, Dive is meta.

Yes. There’s no real issue with him atm.

Yes, and she could use a little tuning down

How so? You claim Hog isn’t doing good when he has above a 7% pickrate.

1. Consistency is an important part of a hero’s kit
  2. Surprise surprise, there have been other balance changes, and balance changes that haven’t happened, that don’t directly affect tanks but still affect them indirectly

Ya but you gained your SR playing tank…

Hog is pretty balanced right now.

1 Like

And: i also dont think he will be nerfed, doesnt matter pick or winrate currently.

Yeah I think so as well

1 Like

You’re so wrong it’s hilarious

He already has though

2 Likes

No, she can’t. DM isn’t long enough to peel for teammates, and to negate certain ranged damage. At least consistently.

Her issue is Fortify has been nerfed too much, same with her shield. Not sure if Halt really affected it as much as the Fortify/barrier nerfs. I think the Halt nerf was really just the final nail in the coffin.

Reinhardt can’t hold his own anymore. His barrier melts extremely quickly, and he does too. His hammer is alright, but I don’t think it’s as threatening as it used to be. Shatter is also pretty difficult to land when the enemy has a barrier or 2, and even if you do land it, it requires quick and immense follow-up from your team because of the duration nerf.

His issue is he can’t control the battlefield anymore, at least consistently. Accretion doesn’t have a reward for long ranged hits, his barrier is extremely fragile, and Kinetic Grasp is countered by the same things Defense Matrix is. Sigma doesn’t need much, but he needs something.

Ball is fine as it is, but some forms of CC (looking at you, Hack) may need to be reduced in power just by a little bit. Not because he’s bad, this is because it would be good for both Sombra and Ball (since Sombra needs a power shift anyway).

She really doesn’t. Other tanks need to be better.

Relatively, he is doing good. Individually, he isn’t. He can’t do 50% of what his job is.

Yes, but he could do both of his jobs before. Now, he can’t. He only has a kill combo. Other than that, he’s useless.

What balance changes have affected Hog since his damage buff, other than changes to tanks?

For DPS, I climbed from around 2590 to 2700 (honestly I only take my Tank games seriously).

Yes she can. 10 meters is plenty of range, at that in with her boosters and she has quite an easiy time peeling and eating damage.

No, her fortify was the issue in the first place.

As I said earlier, she could use a small shield buff.

It’s a team game. You aren’t supposed to be able to reliably 1v6.

Have good shield management and learn how to adapt based on what you’re facing and what’s on your team.

Ah, teamwork in a team-based game is such a terrible thing.

/s

Though if you’re having issues with follow-up, communication goes a long way.

No hero is supposed to single-handedly control a fight and Sigma’s job isn’t even to do that. His job is to create space with the threat of his damage.

That’s not an issue.

Because it’s far more versatile than any other shield so of course it’s going to have less health.

Oh, so you’re against counterplay then?

She des more reliable and meaningful damage than most DPS and she rewards people for bad positioning.

His job is to peel and maintain space, which he does a fine job.

His jobs are to peel and hold space, he does both perfectly fine.

The Soldier change, hitscan not being properly dealt with, spread change, him being fine in the first place but was outclassed by all the shields.

I’m not the one tilted over Roadhog enough that I lose 700 SR because of me being tilted and nothing to actually do with the hero.

3 Likes

Me being tilted isn’t the reason my SR is down 700. What are you talking about.