Dear lord Wrecking Ball is annoying

Now that you mention it, that must be it. I never found him tooo obnoxious before the shield change. It really upped his “I’ll do something ridiculous and escape without repercussions-ness”

A booping CC-monster who knocks you around like dominoes whose only counter is CC. Fabulous.

1 Like

At the end of the day, this game is about counters. Play a vast hero pool and enjoy the spoils of victory.

Play niche heroes and you’ll likely win less in non-niche scenarios.

Hammond has more counters than Mei or Sombra. Brigette is decent against him, along with Orisa. If he tries to run away with half health, just halt him back to his original spot.

I’ve discovered anything good against Road, can kill a Hamster.
Sombra, Mei, Reaper, McCree, Ana(Sleep Darts).

When hes spinning around a column and you boop him he gets the same momentum going the other way which is lame. Also hes practically unboopable on maps with pits due to his infinite hook. Lets just face it someone put a hamster in charge at blizzard for the last year and a half.

Sym is one of the biggest counters to ball. all ur turrets slow his momentum immediatly. Not 3 turrets not 2. 1 is enough to disable WBs fireball mode. Sym charges level 2-3 beam so fast so when WB decideds to go for the support on ur back u could leave 1 turret next to ur support and then beam him to death.
Sym / Mei and Sombra are the 3 worst DPS heros that counter WB immensly.

There’s a reason he has such hard counters like Sombra, Mei, etc. Otherwise he’d be as realistically annoying as you describe.

He’s a giant hitbox feed machine who’s weak to most of the CC roster.

Not only that but when he grapples he moves in an incredibly predictable pattern.

Hammond relies on rolling through the enemy team and getting burst damage with Piledriver.

If you still really believe that Hammond is a problem, do what the devs intended and switch characters.

“I just don’t want to switch off of Sym”

3 Likes

I’m always confused by these threads. Like, he’s annoying, alright cool. What next? Gonna start a change.org petition to get Jeff to rework him? Doubt they’ll listen to some random person on the forums.

1 Like

He is annoying at times, but he has his share of counters as well. Plus he is usually good on a handful of maps.

I mean yeah, he can be annoying. Not much you can do about being annoyed by heroes though.

1 Like

If it’s cold you put on a jacket.

Sorry you can’t one trick symmetra and beat everyone. That’s called balance.

Try learning other heroes you might enjoy it.

The number of people who pop in here with their smart@$$ comments about “hurr durr sorry you can’t one trick sym” is a nice indication of how bad the community can be.

A) I’m not a onetrick and I understand basic concepts of the game far better than the detractors (based on ya’lls profiles)

B) My qualm is with having to use a very specific small subset of CC characters to counter a CC character, not “reeeee my Sym gets countered reee”

… I’m probably expecting too much reading comprehension though. Plebs are probably foaming at the mouth checking my profile, seeing my most played is Symmetra, and getting visceral pleasure from insulting a “sYm oNe tRiCk”

Says the plat hammond onetrick on his main account. I assure you I’m probably a lot better on the majority of the roster than you by a mile. Stay cute though.

Mei and Sombra destroy him, trust me.

Yes I am aware of that.

lol

Then why don’t you switch to a WB counter?

1 Like

If people actually have a problem with Tracer in 2019 thats their own fault.

Why don’t you not miss the point of the post by a mile?

There’s not even a point to this thread. So WB is annoying. Now what? Gonna hope that Kaplan magically reworks him or are you just looking for validation?

Nice profile shaming others too.

1 Like