Dear leavers, cut your losses!

Faulty internet isn’t always something they can just spend their free time fixing. Some countries/regions just have bad internet.

And if real life “happens” and they leave the match to handle it, it seems that their top priority IS exactly that. Real life. Real life is a priority for most people, but no one should expect the community to not play altogether in anticipation of life happening. If you want to talk about stupid… that’s stupid.

The 10 minute timeout that is already in place for competitive is appropriate for competitive, not casual modes.

I’m not saying leavers (regardless of reason) isn’t a problem. But it absolutely bad business to give casual game modes, where much of the casual community plays, just as severe punishment when the stakes aren’t the same.

While I do feel bad for people who have terrible internet that CAN’T be fixed, it is just common sense that you need a stable internet connection to play most online games these days. Also people from those regions are most probably a much smaller part of the community than people who are too lazy to go through a few minutes of troubleshooting to figure out whats wrong with their internet or PC.

Then a 10 minute ban shouldn’t be a problem at all :woman_shrugging:

Leavers are disruptive to the game and ruin the fun of 11 other people - no matter if Arcade, QP or Competitive.
I don’t see how it is bad business to address this behavior in a way that really only affects people who leave games on a regular base just to join a new one and leave it too as soon as point 1 is taken or they aren’t able to play Hanzo (or whatever else drives people to leave games).

I agree with you on the topic of bad internet connection to a point… more and more games are online-enabled and we seem to be moving further into this trend of live service games. Even if their internet is bad, people still want to play, and I feel like it is unfair to tell them no, they cannot play.

I think it’s bad business to change the punishment because if leavers are as prevalent as posts like this one make them seem, it would eventually alienate parts of the community. You can argue that if leavers quit the game that would be good for the game as a whole, and I would agree. But I am thinking of people who leave/get disconnected because of other circumstances. I think any company would endeavor to retain their customers rather than deter them from returning is all.

Internet can fail. It’s not perfect specially in countries that are not “1st world”. Deal with it.

People have life, unlike you that seems to not have. Deal with it. If we need to leave, we just leave.

This already happens in QP lol.

The whole point is: don’t punish people that sporadically leave some match because something happened or some technical issue. Please punish those who leave regularly only.

I think it is. SR penatly should be a thing too. if you lose you cant gain any SR for a couple matches and if you do it a lot you get banned. enough times (that NEVER resets) gets you IP banned forever. intentionally going into a game knowing you could DC at any moment puts your 5 teammates at an unfair disadvantage. I’ve DC b4 yah it stinks but when my connection is horrible I avoid comp/ranked games. I dont wanna be the reason people lose rank.

I understand where you’re coming from but I’m also grateful someone like you isn’t in any actual position of power when it comes to this topic.

When it comes to competitive, leaving/disconnecting enough times CAN and WILL get you banned. Here’s a blue post on the topic:

They hear you and feel you but they think the punishment in place fits the “crime”, and I agree.

Rather than spending time thinking up new and interesting ways to punish people guilty of the terrible sin of leaving an online game, wouldn’t it make more sense to think of ways to limit the impact their leaving has on their team mates?

2 Likes

not really it’s easy to avoid the count bc it decays. there are even guides to avoid rules that players try to get taken down. I’ve got reddit to remove some “leavers guides” time from time.

you underestimate the ratio of leavers vs dc-ers. rarely do I ever see people who dc. it’s almost always leavers. im courteous when it comes to not playing during bad connects. others should be as well. leaving QP is one thing but comp really affects people esp when games take a while to find. having a game ruined after waiting for 8 minutes bc someone doesnt care that their connect stinks should be punishable. it’s pretty much game play sabotage. youre purposely giving your team a disadvantage. thats not cool. 1 person’s wants shouldnt outweigh 11 people’s wants/needs

I appreciation your opinion.

I dont appreciate you being WRONG

i mentioned this in another thread, but it’s not the losing. it’s being tilted from being focused/not being able to do anything/toxic team [i know u can mute but u can’t stop trolls]. it’s not that i dont wanna waste time on a losing game; i dont wanna waste my time being angry. being angry is not fun, and it’s hard sometimes to not be when things are going badly, so i’m not gonna subject myself to that. i will leave qp in a heartbeat. i would NEVER leave comp though, just gotta suffer

Except I’m not wrong. I didn’t say you were wrong either. I spoke my peace and ended it. Sorry if that upset you. Feel better.

At the same time, it’s unfair for the people they play with.
They are putting those people at a disadvantage because they wanted to play.
how is that fair?

The people that leave don’t care about this of this. They need to go a step further and start giving 30min queue ban times.

you are. people sabotaging a game is unfair. not an opinion it’s wrong. just like trolling. it hurts the game and the players. again facts not opinion.

bc Im not.

Well that was rude.
If you know you have something to do in a short amount of time, don’t start a game.
It’s unfair to start a game knowing you have to leave in less than 5 minutes.
People have common sense, unlike you that seems to not have. Deal with it.

1 Like

Some people can’t handle having a discussion without throwing temper tantrums over it. See above.

As long as there exists the phrase “Its just quickplay bro”, you do not have the right to my time or effort.

As long as quickplay is so casual that you and your 4 other dps dorks continue to trickle, feed, etc, then I should have the right to come and go at will…after all, “it’s just quickplay bro”

1 Like

Ultimately, this. Leavers or people with bad connections might put the rest of their team in an unfair position, but there are a lot of things that happen in OW that can be considered unfair. There are already punishments in place for these kinds of things and people would probably do a lot better if they accepted that. As well as accepting the L when they know they are not at fault for it.

The rude one was KNIGHTHOOD, not me…

And I’m not talking about these kind of situations. I’m talking about unexpected things that can and WILL happen. Deal with it. People have good text interpretation, unlike you that seems to not have.

LOL Sorry… I had to end with this one just to keep it up :stuck_out_tongue:. I don’t want to be rude but you didn’t get my point. It’s the last phrase in my post…