Dear Blizz ... Mystery Heroes again

3 Orisas, a Bastion a Mercy, and a Moira.

or even

4 Orisas, Bastion, and Moira.

I saw both of these compositions yesterday. Losing to RNG is tolerable because it can be fun, but losing to stacked RNG goes beyond that into “frustratingly unfair”.

2 Likes

Mystery Heroes is a literal RNG mess.
Whenever my friends want to play this mode they get happy at first, but later it turns to hell if enemy team has multiple supports.
It ain’t a fun experience for some that expect balance in RNG

Remove hero stacking and this game mode would be much more enjoyable and refreshing.

1 Like

Let’s see, i think one fo the worst comps i’ve ever run into is 2 orisa’s, bastion, torbjorn (pre rework), reinhardt, ana, they were on defense in temple of anubis.

The problem with mystery heroes is you can’t counter pick against hero stacking in the same way a winston can still take down a reaper, the only answer to hero stacking is hero stacking yet when countered normally you still have a chance, whoever gets the most broken hero stacking usually wins because of that.

1 Like

So you’re ok with 2 Meis on your team. Got it.

This is the point of mystery heroes and that’s why it’s great. If it guaranteed a tank/support, the mode would be pointless. It’s about using what you’re given to the best of your ability despite the situation and that’s why I love it.

2 Likes

It’s the only mode where when you kill one of them, they are forced to change their comp. So in no limits, when you kill their only healer, they respawn and set back up with the same broken comp. In MH, you kill that healer and suddenly they have 3 Orisas who cannot be healed who will die one by one.

No it would just be quick play then. 4-5 random DPS that have no synergy, maybe a tank/and or healer.

2 Likes

I leave mystery heroes alot and not ashamed of it, if my team are idiots and trickling in , or i can see they are completely terrible at the game and dieing non stop with no kills, or the enemy comp becomes near impossible to beat like last game 3 bastions an orsia, mercy and zarya and all we get are terrible counters over and over then yup i am gone, i am there for my 3 loot boxes and that is it, i couldnt careless about xp or endorsement LVL

1 Like

I like that idea.

I like the duels when you do that. They should try that.

I also think it would be fun having a weekend elimination game in the arcade where both teams are one random hero, (so one round might be 6 Lucios VS 6 Reapers then the next round might be 6 Torbs VS 6 Reins…)

• No, they can’t. It’s not available in the arcade most of the time. They are going to see it’s not playable at the moment, and play mode that’s available, aka Mystery Heroes.
  • It’s not even the same thing, people want Mystery Heroes with hero stacking, not No Limits.

Good solution would be to create alternative version of Mystery Heroes with Hero stacking removed. Best way to please people.

I hate Mystery Heroes btw, just suggesting compromise to this issue.

1 Like

Right now it’s just who RNGs into the most ridiculous cheese comp first wins. There’s not a whole lot of skill involved when it’s like 4 Lucios and a widowmaker vs 3 bastions an orisa and a reinhardt. It would be the best mode in the game if it just didn’t have hero stacking.

2 Likes

Glad to see another person that’s just in it for themselves and proving that the -75% exp punishment does nothing to try and prevent people from leaving matches.

Also there is no endorsements in MH.

Blizzard, please start giving temp 30min bans for people that keep leaving matches or force them to backfill the next time they queue up.

1 Like

Whats so hard about making it so if X hero is already on the team, the chance of rolling that hero gets like a %50 reduction in being rolled again.

Can anyone actually complain about a system like this?

If people actually played their heros right and the game properly instead of running around willy nilly, if they actually played the objective and if hero stacking wasnt a tjing so yeam dont end up against impossible comps then i would stay in matchs and have fun

1 Like

Thanks to the lazy arcade limits they can only do that once a month…if they’re lucky.

1 Like

Most people don’t play all 29 heroes.
If you go into MH with expectation that everybody’s going to play serious and do well on any hero they’re given then you’re just setting yourself up for complete disappointment.

1 Like

I never said they would be good but they should still know the basics of the damn game, i watch 200+ players running around like they are brand new, almost 0 game sense, walking right past enemies, or being shot and not even turning to shoot back or get away, if you are that terrible at that lvl then ya the game is a 100% lose i am out i want games where there is a good chance of winning 100% chance of a loss is not a fun match at all, also does nobody use their damn ears in this game sound cues of foot steps are so easy to hear even during a team fight, listen and turn to the direction of the footsteps it is not that hard to understand

welp, time to find some friends and group with them. Amazing how people are given tools and ways to avoid the situations that frustrate them, but yet they never utilize them. :thinking:

When I play MH I sometimes listen to music. I don’t care if I die to an ult or w/e. I’m there to have fun because that’s what Arcade is about.

• What about deaf/hard of hearing players? They exist. Don’t be so quick to judge.
  • Some people use speakers instead of headphones.
  • Some people listen to music :wink:

Stop treating arcade so serious and you’d probably have more fun.
Lighten up.

How much of the game mode do you play? Because if you play the game mode with any sort of frequency then you know how much of a factor it is in matches…

It would STILL be mystery heroes without it…

1 Like