Dear Blizz ... Mystery Heroes again

I like Mystery Heroes. I play the mode, despite the fact that you refuse to give each comp a random tank or a random support most of the time. Despite the fact that you refuse to prevent it from selecting duplicate random heroes, even though you know the game cannot be balanced for two Mercies, etc. So, you could argue that I bring this frustration on myself, but if you ever indulge me one request …

FEWER ENEMY COMPS WITH TWO MEIS, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE.

It’s game over most of the time, and is happening way too often. Two of almost anything else can be powered through, but two Meis is pure misery.

4 Likes

It blows my mind that the only mode where hero stacks cannot be countered, allows hero stacking. At least in old quick play you could counter-stack.

They should stop worrying about the mode being pure, and start worrying about it being fun. Who is having fun attacking Anubis against double Mercy double Orisa plus Bastion and Torb (Yes I have faced this, I left the game the second I saw the enemy team)? The only reason it’s popular is that the arcade has those extra lootboxes, and Mystery is the closest thing in arcade to playing a regular game of Overwatch. If you got those boxes from QP I bet Mystery would die immediately.

Remove hero stacking, and make sure both teams have at least one healer and one tank at a time. That’s all they need to do.

16 Likes

Ever played a game with 9 Mercies at once? Nothing. ever. dies. Everyone just left eventually…

I just can’t stand people complaining about getting mystery heros in mystery heros.

THAT’S WHAT IT IS!!!

If the game starts taking into consideration what your team comp is it won’t be mystery heros anymore.

Of course you’re going to have multiple heros on a team once in awhile, that can be good OR bad. IT’S A MYSTERY!

Nobody should ever make another thread like this about mystery heros EVER AGAIN!!!

11 Likes

I would prefer it honestly if we got a choice of 3 heroes when you die to an enemy.

I disagree, i think the bane of mystery heroes is 2 orisa’s.

Hero stacking in mystery heroes shouldn’t exist, there should be a 1 hero limit

5 Likes

But then it wouldn’t be mystery heros…

I don’t get you guys. "We want to play mystery heros but can you make it less of a mystery?’

So sometimes there are two Orisas or two Mercys (or 5 Soldiers). Kill one of them and they come back as something else… because it’s MYSTERY HEROS!

Good heavens!

2 Likes

But then you take away part of the mystery.

I want there to be maximum mystery in my mystery heros, thanks.

2 Likes

Bruh take the blizz name outta the forum title it’s against CoC to put dev names or blizzard’s name in the title. No hate, just…don’t put it in there. It will get the post taken down.

Nope, there’s still the mystery of 24 other heroes.

If people want hero stacking then they can play no limits.

5 Likes

We will have to agree to disagree.

I like the randomness of having every spawn be a complete mystery. You get some awesomely random team comps then.

If people want no hero stacking they can play QP.

1 Like

I agree to disagree, they said they might try a more balanced version of mystery heroes as a different mystery heroes in the future anyways, there’s room for both.

I seriously had a match the other day where I walked out of spawn, around a corner and into a payload with three torbs swarming around a bastion with Rein blocking the front and Brig guarding the back.

I wouldn’t be heartbroken if it stayed as is but it can be pretty garbage sometimes. My favourite is the any combination of 2-3 Zarya and 2-3 Brig.

2 Likes

Problem is, because Blizz no longer balances with hero stacking in mind, you sometimes get situations where people rather leave (on both teams) than go through with it.

Example:

So far, in one afternoon, I’ve had 3 mystery heroes games just disband because too many people leave at once. This is just bad gameplay regardless of the ruleset.

1 Like

Literally why is this a thread

You are still getting 3 random heroes each time you die, instead of 1.
It is still a mystery which 3 you are going to get.

Instead of 1 Hero Mystery Heroes
its 3 Hero Mystery Heroes.

Mystery heroes is a good concept cause it forces people to try new heroes.

The issue is I question the randomization of it all. I am sorry but there shouldnt be 3 of the same hero at any time. The probabilities of that is much lower than what happens in reality.

Kill the hero stacking and make sure that each team gets at least 1 tank and 1 support at all times and the mode would be a lot better.

2 Likes

It blows my mind that people think there is no way around them. MH is the only mode I play. I’ve seen various stats of all kinds many times and most of the times we break though them, so It’s possible, It also brings in a good challenge to the mode to see if you’re able to get though them. I’ve even had my team go up against an exact GOATS team once. We broke though.

Mystery Heroes has an even bigger problem and that’s people leaving mid match because their team isn’t winning. Before someone gets all “it’s just arcade”. I’m not complaining about teams being unbalanced because someone left, I’m complaining because more and more people are SICK AND TIRED OF BACKFILLING. We’re fed up with entering a match that instantly ends!

1 Like

Mystery Heroes in the classic sense can be fun if you have a team that is making the most out of a crappy situation.

But Mystery Deathmatch? That needs to be removed from circulation entirely.

I’m sorry to say this but if you advocate for liking Mystery heroes. You don’t get to say “I want this or that changed”.

You like and/or play mystery heroes, too bad for you cause any requests for the mode that would result in it changing from its current state(other than it being put back into rotation or removed completely) is invalidated. Sucks to like the mode for ya.

Maybe you should be a bit more like myself and hate it some. It’d do you good.

1 Like