Daily reminder of the current state of Sombra

As of this week she is statistically the worst hero in the game, hovering at a pickrate of 0.45% and a winrate of 44.99%. (Hero Statistics - Overbuff - Overwatch 2 Statistics)

And now on top of her already immense list of bugs (which can be found at A list of Sombra's Many, Many Bugs (6), Now with more LOS Bugs!) we now have this gem: Twitch

Tell me, is this the “good spot” you wanted her to land in?
Sort your game out, we all expect much better from you guys.

12 Likes

I love that you linked my post, but link number 6 instead of the first one. It’s better

1 Like

Sorted, thanks for that!

You could’ve made the 999th “Sombra is bugged” thread but instead you brought up something irrelevant.

How is it irrelevant to bring this up? As you previously stated there are already hundreds of posts saying exactly the same thing so why is pointing out her piss-poor statistics irrelevant?
Next to all of her well documented bugs it’s the best indicator we have of her current in-game state and until we get something better this is what we have.
What would you suggest changing it to? What would make it relevant?

2 Likes

Because statistically worst =/= worst. The issue with Sombra as a hero is that Hack/EMP is too oppressive and boring to play against. It’s hard to balance that…

Hard to tell if it’s balanced if she can’t be played for her bugs. On top of that, she physically can’t EMP as often as she used to.

2 Likes

You can’t balance around something being fun or not fun because it’s all subjective and we shouldn’t be trying to balance around what’s fun and what isn’t.
Additionally we don’t have a good measurement of how strong Hack or EMP is because of the sheer number of bugs that affect Sombra’s kit as a whole.

6 Likes

EMP/Hack is too strong, just like Grav even though hitting Grav isn’t free.

Whether she’s bugged or not doesn’t change the fact that EMP/Hack isn’t something that can easily be balanced.

If EMP/hack is too strong then why isn’t she being used more?

2 Likes

What? EMP is boring to play against because of how oppressive it is. Out of nowhere your entire team is silenced. Of course you can balance heroes around being fun to play / play against, but not an ability like that.

I mean it was pretty balanced for a year before sombra was buffed. No one complained about it.

1 Like

Honestly, even without the bugs, the changes made it so that Sombra would get less EMPs and hacks than before the buffs. Hack and EMP are the only reasons to play Sombra and with those abilities nerfed she will always be worse than before.

4 Likes

Are you referring to the hack cast time buff? A lot of people complained about both Hack and EMP being too oppressive, mainly EMP though.

Out of nowhere your entire team can be jumped by an ulting Genji, out of nowhere your team can be hit by Graviton, out of nowhere you’re entire team can be hit with RIP Tyre, the list goes on and on.

Again, if EMP/Hack is so strong and so oppressive then why is no one using her? Why did hardly anyone use her when she had EMP more often and could land Hack easier?

1 Like

Oh, didn’t realize Genji and Zarya were both capable of going invisible, or the fact that Junkrat’s ult had no sound and didn’t recently get a nerf to its movement speed. Sorry, I missed those patches.

1 Like

If this was true, Sombra would be in a decent state and played more. We also wouldn’t have Sombra mains being depressed in the forums.

4 Likes

That’s not logical. EMP being too strong doesn’t mean Sombra wouldn’t be a buggy mess that no one wants to play. Blizz needs to fix the bugs.

2 Likes

That’s true, but Reinhardt is a buggy mess that has the highest pick rate in the game right now. It kinda shows that people would continue to play any hero if they could get some value or enjoyment from it :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

A lot of that is due to Zarya/Hanzo tho tbf