D.Va needs a rework

OP’s obsession with the pro game stats is downright hilarious.

Perhaps we could try nerfing her first???

No, she feels like D.Va v6.74 at this point.

The poor girl has been through enough reworking. She doesn’t need any further upsets.

2 Likes

February 9, 2016 (beta) Patch: Size decreased by approximately 50%; Shape changes to be more cylindrical than conical. (Matrix)

September 1, 2016 Patch: After being activated, Defense Matrix will begin regenerating following a 1-second delay (formerly .5 seconds)

January 24, 2017 Patch: Health increased from 200 to 400; Armor decreased from 400 to 200.

September 19, 2017 Patch: Defense Matrix’s resource meter will now deplete twice as quickly; Energy regeneration per second has been increased to 12.5% (formerly 10%).

April 10, 2018 Patch: Impact damage reduced from 25 to 10. (Boosters)

April 10, 2018 Patch: Explosive damage reduced from 6 to 4. (Missiles)

Stop nerfing her and add more tanks in the roster that give similar abilities. DPS has a plethora of options to choose from but right now D.Va is the only tank that can do what D.Va does. We need more tank options.

5 Likes

“DM at this point should be completely removed from the game, and keep the missiles , if Roadhog doesn’t have a dam shield/barrier why D.va is allowed to fly/shoot/counter ultimates?”

Because they are different heros if every hero did the same thing, which they are slowly heading to, it would be very boring

Here is all the Bronze players

M8 who cares about the pickrate in the pro scene? We’re all just ladder ponies here. D.Va only really competes with Zarya and Roadhog for that second tank slot. If you look at overbuff, the only real way for us to track stats on ladder, D.Va’s pick rate is only slightly higher than Zarya’s and they both have the same winrate. Roadhog is lagging behind but lets be real, I think we can all agree that the Hog needs some buffs.
As far as I can tell D.Va does not need changes, and she most definitely does not need a rework.

2 Likes

okay and rein dominates ladder should we rework him.

4 Likes

More like her counters aren’t played in OWWC

1 Like

I know this thread is about dva but I cant help to notice symmetras abysmal 0.17% pick rate.

It’s almost like Roadhog and D.Va were designed to have different roles!
Also one of the best examples of non sequitur I’ve ever seen. You went from establishing that if Roadhog can’t have a SHIELD, then D.Va should not be able to FLY and counter ults. I do not see the correlation between the two at all.

So what if hog can’t use a shield? He’s a damage sponge. His E effectively eats damage and charges his ult fast. He has a hook to misplace enemies, or pull them into a pit, or grab them for a kill. D.Va serves a different role. What role? I cannot tell you, even the devs don’t seem to know. At first she was all around versatile. Devs didn’t like that so they decided to nerf her tanking and buff her DM so she could reply on that more. She was used exactly like how they wanted and they weren’t satisfied, so they changed that, nerfed DM, gave her micro tickets so she could flank more effectively. She was used as intended and they nerfed her again. So I cannot tell you what role Dva serves, but it cannot be compared to Hog. Hog is not a dive hero.

3 Likes

Yea let’s ruin another character because people enjoy her.

2 Likes

They made her primary fire worse… She needs justice

I’ve accepted that D.Va’s identity is that she doesn’t have one, myself :stuck_out_tongue:

It has a 5 second cooldown when destroyed.

This does not prevent flickering. Flicking DM on and off to match a Tracer’s reload is obviously more efficient than holding it down. To block a Roadhog Hook’s Damage followup, all you need to do is flick it on right as he takes the shot.

Zarya has to commit an 8s cooldown to do either of those things.

DM cannot be active all of the time, but it could be active at any one time.

That’s the difference.

A low charge still retains that chance of having her flick it on.

Again, the consistent counterplay is what it lacks. With D.Va, it’s often just rolling the dice.

Zarya’s bubble cannot be used on enemies. That means that considering the angle of damage is not important.

There needs to be a consistent window where you know D.Va can’t use DM.

Both things D.Va players can eat.

And D.Va is by far and away superior.

I was obviously referring to pre-Sombra rework and pre-Lúcio buffs.

This is just embarrassingly ridiculous.

The buffs did not make him any better versus Sombra.

They added a minimum wall ride time so the corner change has no effect on wall skimming.

They fixed all of the issues I and other Lúcio mains had with the changes. While I don’t exact agree with the principle that Lúcio needed to be even easier to pick up, it was simply a buff.

Roadhog is outclassed. Zarya is outclassed.

The easiest way to tell D.Va is OP is to realize that it was D.Va buffs, not Zarya nerfs, that caused her to be so much better.

Also, Hammond is a Main Tank. Totally irrelevant to D.Va.

A 90% D.Va pickrate and a 30% Zarya pickrate means they get played together.

She had a fairly low damage output.

There is a reason her pickrate back then was about 60% instead of 90%.

It’s a lot closer if you don’t use 3 month old data.

GOATs has quite literally zero to do with D.Va being picked in DM. GOATs is just one of the many comps she fits in, like Dive, Anti-Dive (Orisa comps) or even new age Dive comps (WB + D.Va).

If a “viable state” means stupidly OP since season 2 (with only 2 minor exceptions) , that is technically true.

Right now D.Va has a similar damage output to Roadhog and Zarya, better peel and mobility.

Imagine if Winston could block as much damage as Reinhardt. That would be totally OP.

D.Va is as good or better than Zarya in all ranks except Diamond and Masters.

It was a completely warranted nerf for a hero that was statistically outperforming his competition in higher ranks, not just in pro play.

Not to mention it was essentially just fixing an exploit that allowed you to use Discord on a target after you threw a volley.

Even though I haven’t endorsed that argument, it definitely holds up.

Widowmaker got nerfed because she was the best at the top.

Yes he did. Reinhardt was at about 7%, Winston was at 9%. And that was towards the end of Dive. It was a larger difference in Season 5.

S9 is still viewable on overbuff right now.

Im sure it’s been said in this thread before, but rather than changing and nerfing D.va, who is a really well balanced off tank, why not rebalance the other offtanks. D.va as she is I think is in a good place in terms of her abilities, she isn’t terribly overpowered, and can be taken down relatively easily. A rein zarya combo, if running well, can dominate a D.va. She isn’t necessarily overpowered as an off-tank, just better optimized and tuned for her abilities. Zarya, rh, and hamster should be retuned (NOT reworked) to balance out the play, rather than a reworked of anyone

1 Like

This is what I think Winston and D.Va need

D.Va shouldn’t be able to instantly call for a new mech if her self-destruct didn’t get any kill… Or when she calls for a new mech (after ulting) it comes with the same hp it had before ulting. So D.Va can’t have an extra life
Bring back the game release Defense Matrix and allow her to shoot while using it

Winston’s ult should only give 500 extra hp instead of fully healing (something like current Molten Core). Again, no more second life

Increase by 1 second their movement abilities. They are the only tanks that can reach highground very easily. Hammond can do that but at least it takes skill.

AND FINALLY… remove one star from their difficulty.

1 Like

lol stop doing the roadhog arguments that got him shot all the way to the bottom of the list in terms of pick rate.
“why should a “tank” be allowed to one shot with a hook?”
sends him to f-tier while everyone else denies he’s f-tier

1 Like

Finally we agree on something. No rework required though, just rebalancing a little:

• Defence Matrix duration increased to 3 seconds (from 2)
  • Defence Matrix and Micro Missiles now mutually exclusive, Micro Missiles take precedent as an uncancelable ability
  • Ult charge for Self-Destruct increased to 1550 (currently 1375)

2 minor nerfs and a minor buff, making her less versatile, but better at actually tanking damage

Self destruct is a zoning ult. Its intended purpose isn’t always to kill. This directly contradicts her ult and is awful, considering self destruct gets the least amounts of kills along with primal rage.

Cooldown DM was trash garbage and was a much larger contributor to her being trash garbage at launch than her being killed by her ult and its detonation time, though those certainly didn’t help.

3 Likes

I can see why they did it to pharah.
Pharah was pretty broken on console and at the same SR level, people genuinely couldnt compete against a gud pharah due to the AOE splash damage being 80 damage.
just three shots and the enemy trying to counter you dies.

Meanwhile the person countering pharah has to

• dodge all the ground enemy attacks
  • try to land 3 or more shots on pharah when she can just ledge guard out of your view if you decide to try and do that from across the map.
  • the only real viable solutions to counter a pharah is to either try to counter that pharah in quick play, go widow/pharah. or get a rein to protect you while you try to counter the pharah.

Lemme repeat what I just said in more specific terms.
On the same SR level, pharah requires less skill to kill whoever is trying to counter her than the skill required to counter pharah.

You’re just bad at the game if you deem four second dm was “OP, PLEASE FIX JEFF”

3 Likes