D.Va needs a rework

This is D.Va’s pickrate from the OWWC:

Now, I don’t think D.Va is at all like Mercy was, or even like Tracer was. She just doesn’t feel oppressive. But she does feel like Lucio 1.0.

Lucio 1.0 was not complained about. He did not feel oppressive. But in reality he was just too versatile to go without.

That is what D.Va is now.

“Lucio has often felt like a must-pick due to his raw healing output and the versatility of providing a speed bonus to your entire team,”

15 Likes

I am honestly scared for Blizzard to rework any hero to be completely honest at this point …

141 Likes

D.va ult needs a rework to be honest.

Why the hell a ““TANK”” deals 1000 damage in aoe? is just stupid.

DM at this point should be completely removed from the game, and keep the missiles , if Roadhog doesn’t have a dam shield/barrier why D.va is allowed to fly/shoot/counter ultimates?

I’m a huge d.va player and I think she is overtuned.

8 Likes

Please no… they already changed Sombra, and soon pharah…

Stop reworking all my mains especially since they are not blatantly over or under powered.

47 Likes

D.Va is mega overtuned. She isn’t oppresive, just her kit is so overloaded, and there are no downsides because she doesnt really have a hard counter. Hanzo? delete his arrows. Reaper? Run away. Died? you have 2 lives!

9 Likes

D.Va is the only hero to be consistently meta for almost the entire competitive seasons.

I agree she is not blanently overpowered like 4 second defence matrix but she is still the best off tank and has held that position for a really long time.

3 Likes

Pharah was mega OP in low ranks and on console. D.Va is obviously far too versatile.

A rework should happen because a rework is the only solution.

1 Like

Storm arrow lasts longer than the entirety of dm ?

24 Likes

when they gave her missiles and the ability to shoot while flying they made her the most broken dive tank in the game.

i miss dva 2.0, she wasn’t so oppressive and was an actual tank

9 Likes

For the love of all that is Holy, leave D.Va alone. She does not need a rework. She’s been one of the most changed heroes in the game. Us D.Va mains are really tired of having her changed.

59 Likes

I saw the word rework in your title so that’s a instant no.

22 Likes

But issues like that can be solved with number tuning not full blown ability reworks

6 Likes

D.Va’s a fine hero and you can’t be comparing anything to what the pros do… she’s balanced and doesn’t even have thag high a pickrate rn lol (vs other tanks due to dive not being OP)

16 Likes

Embrace it. Self-destruct on “E.” Let’s do it! :joy:

11 Likes

That D.Va still had issues. Eating entire ultimates was incredibly strong, and without the previous check (minimum range) or the current check (lower overall DM time) it was fairly OP.

Granted, not as OP as now.

She was last given a minor tweak to her damage. The last major change was a rework that ended up buffing her even though she was already arguably overpowered.

2 Likes

Was Pharah’s win rate in low/mid tiers actually much higher than average DPS? I’m not doubting you but I find it surprising because even as an awful player I can swap to Widow and make the pick pretty useless. Pharmercy got nerfed with how the main healers were swapped around. So it really felt like more of a console problem where she was good up to the top of the leaderboard but maybe I’m mistaken

1 Like

But every off Roadhog/ zayra/ Hammond player is tired off having D.Va be the best off tank since season 3

3 Likes

Yes she does it’s called beam damage.

7 Likes

Because her original design was a low to mid damage but very durable disruption tank.

She forced her way into yhe back line to isolate a support or lone dps and harass or make the attempt to take them out.

Now she is a mildy durable tank with mid to high damage output. She was way more enjoyable and closer yo balanced in s2 as a bully tank.

3 Likes

So I shouldn’t be able to protect my team as a tank, OR do enough damage to support a dive.

What would you rather have dva do then ?

9 Likes