D.Va needs a rework

I can imagine it right now!

1 Like

Reinhardt has a much higher pick rate and win rate than D.Va in ranked. We aren’t pros man. She’s not the best tank at the ranks that most of us play at.

11 Likes

I didn’t mean to imply a full rework because that would make d.va no longer d.va but her abilities and versatility are currently to high to be justified

1 Like

Save some D.Va lives
Don’t ask for a rework

3 Likes

Rein is a main tank, not an off tank that can dive, brawl and delete ultimate abilities

3 Likes

Still consider the early version of D.Va having a reasonable DM time and OK-ish fusion cannon damage the best. The armor buff and ALL subsequent changes were unnecessary, neither the missiles. However I’ve never had problem fighting D.Va, the problem is more of her versatility instead of her strength. To put it better, the problem is actually the poor versatility of other tanks instead of D.Va herself.
Edit: Funny how players always complain no matter D.Va is a dive/defensive/bully tank. People just dislike her for some reason regardless how Blizzard changed her. She is a perfect example of what would happen if game devs decide to change something according to players’ opinion.

1 Like

If I wasn’t a walking ult battery playing roadhog or Hammond then maybe I’d play different off tanks more often.
Just saying.

2 Likes

She’s been reworked twice already. No more reworks for any hero in this game ever again. I’m sick of reworks.

3 Likes

People need to stop throwing around the word “Rework” when what they really mean is they want a hero buffed or nerfed.

A rework is adding or removing an ability entirely, (Hanzo) or completely changing the fundamentals of a core kit mechanic. (Symmetra)

10 Likes

And Zarya is in a good place right now. And Hammond has a lot of potential, minor tweaks could make him great.

The only off tank in need of anything right now is Roadhog who needs a buff.

8 Likes

I’m not saying zarya and Hammond are in bad places. I’m saying D.Va has to much utility and versatility to pick other off tanks over her.

IMO zarya is very balanced and hog +Hammond do need some buffs but D.Va is just to dominate

3 Likes

So what do you want her to do/focus on with her kit.
Tanking with dm is already out because they already changed that.

4 Likes

I never used rework in my argument tho.

I know what a rework is and I stated that a rework could hurt d.va’s character. She does need some tweaks to bring her inline with the other off tanks however.

D.Va is balanced too. Hammond will eventually get more pro play, possibly a lot more. And a Roadhog buff would bring him in line. D.va is fine, just a good generalist who fits a lot of comps.

Zarya only fits a small number of comps. She’s balanced, but if any off tank needs a rework it’s her because she’s too niche.

I want the devs to make her less of a must pick in most situations. I don’t care how they do it only that it happens

1 Like

She didnt have a 3 dimensional defense matrix.

Reinhardts barrier also blocked ultimates.
D.va defense matrix was more suited to negating damage from a specific source, her damage lower as well but her defense matrix gave zarya and mei some valie as they could bypass the mateix and force her to run away.

She was worse at defending her teammates as well because dm was 2 dimensional. You could walk right up to her face and syill damage her through her defense matrix.

Her kit encouraged her to go after people and be a nuisance, but ypu could duel her and run away because her kill poyential was lower now she flies and just tries yo obliterate you or die trying.

Her gameplay was basically slower back then.

1 Like

Well, if she can’t do as much damage then she can’t peel or dive very well.
Her dm is short and has delay to be toggled on and off so usage of it to eat ults is usually planned by the dva and even still, doesn’t eat full ults and can really only buy the team time to react.
Taking away her dm completely would leave her defensveless and just make her an ult battery that self staggers because of her second life.
Taking away any more damage is going to leave her unable to peel and dive, making her boosters pointless besides repositioning to help feed the enemy team faster.

2 Likes

She’s not a must pick. She’s just versatile. If you want to fix that, rework Zarya, buff Hog, give Hammond minor buffs.

I say rework Zarya not because she’s not balanced, but because if you’re core complaint is pick rate then we can’t have a niche tank like her.

3 Likes

Last time I checked Defence matrix completely deletes ults like grav, dragon, blizzard, no other abilities can do that other than deflect which is easy to bait cause it is not on a resource bar

1 Like

looks at sym pickrate

Such a “sucesfull” rework

Give me my hero back

2 Likes