D.Va has been a must pick for months. These nerfs are justified

D.Va has had a 90% pick rate for every stage of overwatch league, and she’s the #1 it #2 most picked hero at every stage in comp. She was too good at too many things and it was long past time to tone her down.

Just because d.va isn’t a must pick anymore, it doesn’t mean the character is ruined. It means she is closer to being balanced. The nerfs were justified and good for the game.

83 Likes

Guarantee she’s still top 2 at every tier.

37 Likes

I main Sombra so D.VA has never been a problem. Neither has Genji.

Moira though makes me want to eat my keyboard piece by piece.:cry::cry:

6 Likes

High pickrate =/= must pick. She isn’t as strong as 2 insta rezzes extremely high speed and 20 secs valk Mercy. And her high pick rate is because of her being good or viable in multiple team comps, and was the only fun tank to play.

37 Likes

she isnt a must pick

19 Likes

Keep clinging to that. Once we bring her down, Winston falls as well, and then all thats left is to balance Tracer, and we have a much better balance in this game.

10 Likes

By “balance” Tracer you mean just make her hitbox bigger, mess with her damage and abilities as well, right?

1 Like

The nerf is justified in the sense that DvA is primarily a tank and tanks should not have DPS akin to pure DPS heroes…but that argument s is extremely weak when we see healers with an insane amount of sustain and a constant source of DPS that doesn’t even need a magazine or reloading…

I am not sure what is Blizzard doing, might as well, make everyone a DPS with shields and heals and throw them in a map and see who survives.

4 Likes

No, she needs to have drop off sooner so McCree is a better counter, and lower ult charge. Thats all.

1 Like

If you think about it DPS players made Dva the way she is. Y’all cried about her dm. It got nerfed to not be as useful and take away a lot of her tankiness. Dev knew this so they have her micro missiles and this wouldn’t be the first nerf that ability has seen, probably won’t be the last either.

So IMO once DPS cries some more then she will see significant possibly dumpster tier nerfs.

18 Likes

Fun is subjective. Then again i suppose it must be fun playing an overpowered hero.

D.va has been at the top of the meta for more than a year now, she is lucky she is not being nerfed harder, she shouldn’t see the light of the meta again until season 15, but since it’s D.va they’ve let her dominate so much.

1 Like

Tracer and Genji have been in meta for 9 seasons, they’re picked in almost every match I play but I don’t see any nerf to them.

11 Likes

because she is fun and has been in the meta forever

What support is barreling through a team to delete a 200 HP hero, and then shielding themselves before flying away with a ‘L2P Noob’.

1 Like

shes only good because she is very mobile and the maps fav highground.

they should have waited with the nerfs and let the reaper, mei buffs go through.

1 Like

I hope you continue to enjoy the game when nobody on your team will play tank because whiners like yourself got them all ruined.

D.Va was fine, she had 1 job, to bully out of position players to death, now she’s worse at that for no reason at all.

Her pickrate was high because SHE WAS THE ONLY FUN TANK and was effective in her role.

12 Likes

Moira and…Brigitte won’t “fly” she will just stomp your dead body and continue on.

I can give you Brig…at least for the ‘zerg and kill’ but she’s not getting out alive unless your team is doing nothing. DVa, can get out.

Moira?? Are we playing the same game?

Yes and she was invincible and unkillable with 100% damage resistance, 1 bullet to kill anyone from any range and had 20000% walking speed compared to most of the cast.

2 Likes

you do realize they’re right? a high pickrate doesn’t mean they’re a must pick. dva having a high pickrate doesn’t mean your team is going to lose if you don’t absolutely have a dva, mercy was a must pick and if the other team had her you HAD to also pick mercy.

6 Likes