D.va and Zenyatta nerfed

I thought nobody used the missiles for splash since it was so insignificant? Missiles + Primary Fire + Boop was used on single targets most of the time no?

Well my only issue is really this makes her weaker against a Biotic Fielding Soldier 76 or gaining ultimate charge from a distance.

It’s not going to make as a significant change as is probably needed, and still doesn’t resolve the issue of her being a DPS and not a Tank.

4 Likes

She probably recalls all nerfs anyway.

13 Likes

Pretty much. This is less a nerf than a intendednuse change. Single target yes. Spam group no.

what is zens second fire?

like the charged shot?

yeah, 20 characters blah blah

From a quick test in the practice range, all this Zenyatta nerf accomplished is f***ing with the muscle memory of anyone who has spent a large amount of time leading his right click with the enemy’s movement.

17 Likes

I feel like these were not the nerfs we needed.

I mean for Zen I don’t really think he needed a nerf at all, and for DVA I would much rather they increase the cooldown for MM, or increase her ult cost. Self-Destruct is pretty cheap and she does a lot of damage for a tank, so its pretty easy to get, especially compared to other tank ults.

2 Likes

I can’t playtest them right now but they seem good to me. Good to see they’re making smaller tweaks that decrease their power in certain areas instead of sledgehammer balancing and completely changing how a hero works.

1 Like

D.Va nerf doesn’t really do much tbh.

Can’t wait for people to gloat only to realise that they still can’t deal with her =)

4 Likes

Yes. :disappointed_relieved:

Congrats, that’s definitely not the nerf that a lot of people whining about D.va wanted which is a good thing, like they wanna just make D.va completely unusable because of how salty they are.

Looks like she isn’t as big of a problem as BKs on this forum make her out to be, I however will just continue to dump all over them in-game until they eventually learn to play.

7 Likes

I don’t think the D.Va nerf is the right nerf. It’ll help a little… but I think she’s still going to be the most powerful hero in the game. Zen nerf I think is fair.

1 Like

22% damage reduction seems quite important to me.

11 Likes

All I ever said was that pick rate alone down not call for nerfs. They saw a need to curb splash damage.

The nerf D.va threads want wayyy more than this.

Only to the splash damage, not the direct damage, how often does D.Va kill people with her rocket splash damage anyway?

It’s only a 22% damage reduction if it doesn’t make direct contact. If it does, it’s still full damage.

1 Like

splash damage of dva’s micro missiles were decreased from 6 to 4.

I’m going to miss the burst, but I can still play her. Actually in fact, the burst is still there if you land most of them.

Hopefully D.Va still works well. I think it’s difficult to reduce her damage because she can quickly become useless if not careful, but the damage reduction seems to be fairly small. It’ll probably just add a slight bit more counter-play to her dive.

I read it as when a missile hits someone it does 3 damage for hitting them and then 6 explosive damage. A hit with a rocket will do 7 now.

1 Like