Current throw picks

Thanks for all the replies guys! Its def interesting to here this lol. Never imagined I’d see the day where lucio and the like is considered a throw pick to many rip.
I’ll be re-thinking my choices in games lol!

Why rethink?
Play who you want to play. That’s how I go about Overwatch and I enjoy it. Even when I’m getting yelled at for being a 1 trick.

2 Likes

true! I typically flex anyways- it certainly won’t stop me from picking certain heroes. I’ll just have to keep in mind the reason why people will yell at me for these supposed throw picks lol- then again, I ignore toxicity anyways. (Unless I actually need to switch, to which I will happily swap).

This is why I tend to stay away from cliffs. Also, you would be surprised at how many people don’t check nooks and crannies at my level of play.

runs around the corner and gets mowed down
evil robot laugh

Brigitte/Lucio/Ana/Moira are throws if you don’t already have a Mercy and Zen.

Roadhog is a throw. Winston is a throw.

Mei, Torb, Symm, Reaper, Bastion, Sombra are throws.

2 Likes

Mei is ok, hardly a throw pick. She’ll be better after the falloff buff

2 Likes

No picks are throw picks

Players throw, not characters

Players can throw just as easily with a character you consider to the very best in the game as they can throw with the character you consider to be the worst

these are not “throw” characters.

These are characters you think are weak

1 Like

Moira and Winston might not be the best heros for any map about they are certainly meta picks at the moment, way above trowing. Seing a Sombra might trigger someone but shes way more meta than the rest of the garbage pile.

It isn’t about players throwing. It’s about what heroes may trigger a “you pick this hero, you’re throwing” response.
Anyone can be good at any hero, but people will still think you’re throwing, eve if your a master Torb. No matter if you tell them you aren’t throwing.

It isn’t about the action, it is about the meaning, if that makes sense. Heroes with certain stigma surrounding them for various reasons may create upset in your team because teammates may see them as “throw picks”. That is what I mean by current “throw picks”- what heroes do people currently think are so bad that you’ll only chose them if you want to lose?

1 Like

then call them weak

or call them bad

or call them underpowered

or call them crappy

or or or

but throw has a different meaning

and how you’re using it here aint it

no character is a throw character

period

I think you’re missing the point of this thread.
Around 20 individual people understood the meaning of “throw” I meant here, and responded to my question.
I understand your point, but you aren’t actually answering my question.

Yes, there are throw picks.
Calling them “weak” or “bad” isn’t specific enough. A character can have bad damage output and still be meta.

Your reply is appreciated, but your point isn’t helping.

1 Like

I disagree.

You are misusing a word that has a very specific meaning and applies to certain players to mean something else entirely aND applying it to characters

If your now saying you mean non-meta characters, then call them non meta by

Hogs awful. worst ult in the game. walking ult charge. terrible damage.

1 Like

Mei is really strong now. The ability to freeze through enemies and the buffs to her icicles were huge. She’s a beast now.

1 Like

Lol this poetry. Didn’t bother with it.

1 Like

Ooh, that sounds great! I’ve been meaning to play her. Def seems like on of those characters that can be absolutely devastating in the right hands.

wtf??
iouguy76789ugu8o

I just wanted to mention that Mei is definitely viable pick now. She is just difficult, bit of a niche pick, and outclassed by few better DPS heroes atm.

I’m saying this as long time Mei main. She has never been this good before, except back when her ult charged too fast.

2 Likes

She’s much better, i would put her in the C-tier IMO. To become B-tier or better, she needs to get fix for cryofreeze favoring the shooter and blizzard disappearing in flight if you die/get stunned

1 Like

Reading these bring my hopes up for mei. <3 Hope she’s coming back!

Although I am curious- why are people considering reaper a throw nowadays?