*crying post* Why is comp a dice roll?

yeah. I agree. but this has to be 20 characters long so here

anyway, you have a point there, but that rein would need to be healed because if the enemy team has good dps they are doing to take shots when reins shield is down. Or a Mei, who just going to walk up on him, and if rein is smart will respect the mei so he can really press W. But you are right in that sense. Ive won many games because the enemy rein was too passive, and he never kept track of my Shatter, just swing wildly (as one should kind of) and I would shatter him. I still think it takes a good team to allow rein to do what he needs (or any tank rather) so they can carry.

Also, I saw OGE “carry” before he ended his stream. He was Rein his partner was Zarya, the enemy had Orissa and Sigma. Not to mention his team had a Mei. By holding W and shielding when needed he allowed his team to push up. There were times where his HP got low and wasnt healed and died. And he said “heal me heal me”. However his DPS were landing shots and Zarya was putting in work to which allowed him to get more aggro.

So in the end you are right, tanks can carry but they cant carry without their team doing their parts as well. its a 6v6 game. rein cant 1v6 and rein zarya cant 2v6. Again you are right

Incorrect. Tanks are the frontline of defense / offense, of course they have impact you pepega. Saying a tank cant solo carry (many times Ive said SOLO carry I guess you read over them) does not mean im saying they have no impact.

Again, tanks can not SOLO carry.

1 Like

because for some reason Blizzard thinks having the 50/50 system in comp is a good thing and claim that your p[placement is solely based on your own performance which it is not and they like to lie to us.

The best ways to fix comp is make assists count for actual assists remove the 50/50 and actually make your own performance be what puts you up or down not off people deciding whether they wanna throw/leave/or not know how to play the character.

Some will say that 50/50 does not exist but it does its extremely apparent when someone like say me who is above lvl 500 is paired up with 3-4 people who are under lvl 50 the only reason this matters is solely off experience playing the game. I will literally have days where i win just one game and randomly start loosing straight for no apparent reason other than someone leaving ppl throwing or inexperienced players not knowing their characters in and outs thats not how comp should be and im sure we can all agree who actually care about it that comp should soley be based on skill not what a team picks(within the confines of a class shooter i mean) or if ppl wanna throw or not but they dont care and i highly doubt they will change comp ever even with OW2 release.

1 Like

It’s both. Some games are actually unwinnable, but it’s mostly on you. Improve and git gud and the amount of unwinnable games will go down.

2 Likes

15, and 16, and now. I about to at about 700 hours (short of a silver frame) and have been watching OW each season ive played, just as much as I play. (2 monitors) and even when Im not playing. If you cant use your head and go “ok, this guy might understand whats going on” But for some reason you think I dont. Hell give someone the benefit of the doubt. Maybe even ask, “well you say you try to do what they do and you understand GM strats, do you really understand why theyre doing whatever?” But no, youre so caught up on this intelligence thing.

This is more of a matter you not agreeing with what I originally said now you need to be right so youre nit picking at one thing. ANd yes I must admit, a lot of what you said I chose to omit because my main point was that TANKS CANT SOLO CARRY

1 Like

Tanks can solo carry, you’re just bad. I’m sorry but even a decent Orisa or SIgma would be Masters minimum, most likely GM. These heroes are not even hard to play. GM and t500 is a shizzle fest because of all the players boosted do to these two heroes being so easy to play last season.

1 Like

public class Team
{
public int AvgGroupSR_Team
public decimal AvgGroupMMR_Team1
public List Players
public void RecalcTeamAverages
{
int totalSR = 0;
decimal totalMMR =0;
foreach(Player player in Players)
{
totalSR += player.SR;
totalMMR += player.MMR
}
_avgGroupSR_Team = totalSR / Players.Count();
_avgGroupMMR_Team = totalSR / Players.Count();
}
}

public class Matchmaker
{

public Team Team1
public Team Team2

public Matchmaker()
{
Team Team1 = new Team();
Team Team2 = new Team();
}
public void AddFirstPlayer(Player firstPlayer)
{
Team1.Add(firstPlayer);
Team1.RecalcTeamAverages();
}

public void AddNextPlayerTeam1()
{
int searchSR = team1.AvgSRTeam;
int searchMMR = team2.AvgSRTeam;
if (team1.AvgSRTeam > team2.AvgSRTeam)
{
searchSR = team1.AvgSRTeam - (team2.AvgSRTeam - team1.AvgSRTeam);
}
if (team1.AvgSRTeam < team2.AvgSRTeam)
{
searchSR = team1.AvgSRTeam + (team1.AvgSRTeam - team2.AvgSRTeam);
}
… do same with MMR

if (Team1.Players.Count()  < 7)
  {       
            Team1.Players.Add(Queue.GetNewClosestMMRAndSRPlayer( searchSR , searchMMR))
           Team1Team.RecalcTeamAverages();           
        }

}

public void AddNextPlayerTeam2()
{
// same as AddNextPlayerTeam1
}

}

1 Like

it is all your fault: I guess, you were angry all the time and forgot to carry the team to victory! Have somebody watch a VOD and git gud, man. Stop crying, you are only gold, so you are either very bad or physically inhibited.
You have to carry, or you do not climb. Stop blaming your team, it is you ™

1 Like

MM system is nigh perfect, it is you™ in this. You have to carry™ the whole team. This is what OW is, a carry-your-team fps. Damn, all these paltry excuses™

1 Like

You should have said solo carry. Then I would have immediately laughed at your face that its 6v6 not 1v6.

No hero can.

Nobody cares if ur level 923578293578235789 it doesent mean your the best.

NOBODY CAN SOLO CARRY

Dude he switched on the 1v6 mode, hes claiming tanks cant 1v6, but then again nobody can.

The mmr is too accurate. Hence the 50 50. Sr doesnt matter it trys to mirror match stats for even games.

Soft throwing and smurfs keep the platue people playing stomps and wins.

The game without stats and 6 premades kills the comp scenes

Game will die before ow2 imo

1 Like

The game will die because it’s complete poo poo and the poo poo that is the OWL and the horrifying path to pro.

2 Likes

Incorrect. MMR is more or less translated to your SR because MMR appears to be your standard devation from the mean of all players (thus the -3 and slightly below that for the lowest ranked players to +3 and slightly higher than that for the highest ranked players). MMR is NOT a differentiator between “good” and “bad” players at the same SR and the game doesn’t even have one. It IS possible to get 6 smurfs that are all solo-queueing at SR 2100 vs 6 actual SR 2100 players because the system treats all players that are showing the same SR all the same. It does not care how you got to whatever your rank is.

Anyways, to answer the question of why comp feels like a “dice roll”, it’s because you are human who has 5 human teammates taking on a team of 6 human opponents. Human volatility is a real thing, for better and for worse.

Guys, Maybe you should first define what “solo carry” is first.

In higher levels, sure, but in the lower tiers the heals are so unreliable. If a tank doesn’t have heals he literally can’t do anything.

1 Like

High levels DPS actually knows how to play too and hit targets, unlike low ranks. Sure you get less heals on low ranks, but you take way less dmg too. Like I once played winston in low gold, and just jumped in the backline, killed healers then killed dps. They were like “Look a flying monkey” and proceeded to chase butterflies until the teslacannon tickled their butthole to half hp they prolly screamed for heals in voice, while their healers were already dead.

This is a blatant lie. If you do not have proof, it has not happened and is just your urge to degrade others in order to bolster your self-esteem that is typing this-.

Well gimme low gold acc and ill show you. Unfortunately my accounts are not stuck in “elo hell” so none of my accounts aint low gold.

if comp is a dice roll, why do better people climb and worse people drop then?

i guess blizzard handed the guys with better reactions better gamesense and better aim the dice with only 5s and 6s on, and others who need half a second to even realize they got shot became only 1s on theirs?

4 Likes