Crowd control effects allow heroes such as Tracer to exist

Continuing the discussion from Brigitte Gameplay Q&A with Geoff Goodman:

Because I don’t see any CC stopping these heroes.

You’re nitpicking. Clearly Geoff meant that getting stunned as Tracer is a death sentence aka is a form of counterplay that justifies her current state. Flashbang or Brigs stun ARE reliable openers to finish her off, so he’s partially right. The issue is that Tracer CAN and WILL learn to play around them eventually, she controls the spacing.

Btw, as meme as it was, protecting a riptire was still a creative use of team synergy. I prefer my devs remain creative like that, and not just settle for our forums theorycrafting since, for the most part, we’re all set in our ways.

1 Like

This isn’t being creative. This is yet again suggesting something that isn’t effective.

And it’s not effective by design.

“…for the most part, we’re all set in our ways.”

Every time I stun a Tracer she dies. The trick is to catch her, which I admit is difficult if she can read you. But stuns do work when successful, which I understood his point to be.

And DM back when it was 4 sec could be used to protect more unconventional things than just a Riptire. You could keep a Dragonblade going or a Barrage. DM, the most reliable enabling tool, couldn’t protect a Riptire?

Well so is bursting down with Helix Rockets and a short burst. In fact, between that and bombing Tracer from the air with Pharah, I find that more effective generally than using CC - and much because those things are transferable to dealing with other members of the opposite team. When I’ve played Tracer, I find area denial the bigger issue, particularly from Junkrat and Torbjorn.

Fact is though, that none of these are really ‘good’ answers, since they only really work at low levels and only some of the time. You get a good Tracer or Genji and they can evade all these things because they’re built to do exactly that.

I just find it perplexing that Tracer and Genji can exist because Mei, Sombra, Zarya; even McCree who is very poor in mid-rank play ‘exist’, when their ‘existing’ is basically a technicality at this point, especially at higher ranks where Tracer/Genji are allowed to dominate alongside D.Va and Winston.