Crossplay update soft region locked everyone

ok then if u wanna believe the VPN making it look like u just lost 10 ping after being connected normally with 140 for years…

It can make sense you know… with a VPN you get less traffic / go via better, closer servers from your country to the other.

1 Like

No, you have to connect to the VPN first then it brings the packets back to you

You —> VPN —> OW server

before it would have been

You —> OW server

It is just the VPN making it look like you have lower ping, but your actual ping is higher than before

I don’t know if what you say is true because the client is on my computer so why would I see the ping coming from the VPN is it’s just a tunnel for the packets not a client?

Also the gaming experience is noticeably better, and I’ve been playing since beta, I can tell.

I was just trying to explain to you how they work, but it’s quite clear you won’t have any of it or accept anything I have said, so I’m done responding to you.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your matches x

accept what? can you prove your claim? if so do it if not yea just stay quiet.
Not to mention the fact that with Exitlag I can choose canada which gives me better MS than East/West coast USA so automatically the VPN does better work than Blizzard and I get better PING ~!
So you can admit you were speaking in a way too general sense or just stay quiet. idc

1 Like

lol you can jus easily google it yourself

and it’s not that hard to figure out that you’ll need to connect to the VPN server first which then is your path between your PC internet connection and the OW server…

No need to be angry at me just because you don’t understand how the thing you just downloaded on your PC works.

Now all the information you need is online, sorry if you feel like I’m this “big liar” who has no idea what they’re talking about, that’s up to you to think that I suppose, because as I said before I’m done replying to you and you’ve become very rude to me for something you could have easily researched yourself…

as I said before, have a good day and enjoy you games :slight_smile:

also no need to reply to me again. The convo should have ended like 2 messages ago when I already said I was done responding to it. Just remember next time to treat people a bit nicer next time when they are explaining how something works… yikes.

Your not explaining you’re just arguing using general terms you googled, ignoring claims and stating facts that are true generally but can have many exceptions and you ignore that.
I understand VPN perfectly , you can keep patronizing but you are the one that lacks big infrastructure understanding, there’s more than just connecting via another server so it’s slower, that server can have better access to the other ones, which makes your way shorter.

Proof & Fact:
Blizzard never got me on Canada servers. it’s always West or East coast US.
Exitlag allows me to pick Canada, which fact, gives me lower ping.
So again, if you can prove I’m wrong go ahead.

P.S
Got a problem? You stay quiet

dude you need to stop treating people bad just because they were telling you how something works.

first you put unnecessary changes in the past . now you want us to digest this useless thing . no thx .i will rather take my business elsewhere . i have a choice and i will protest this with my wallet and so will other countless number of people . wake up before its too late .

1 Like

still you again respond .

2 Likes

All you got to do is run a traceroute with vpn and one without vpn to see that its not that simple. Its more along the lines of: You -> 5-20 other servers -> OW server.

Usually your internet provider does not have the focus of giving you the best ping to gaming servers, it just tries to get you there. While Exitlag focuses on getting you there as fast as possible by making sure the route you take is the quickest.

Some times it works and sometimes it does not work, it all depends on how congested the regular routing is. I’ve even had some rare times where my NordVPN has given me lower ping than what I normally have, and they aren’t even focused on lowering ping. Most of the time though I have around 5ms higher with NordVPN, but that is nothing anyway.

4 Likes

Don’t argue with this guy. He is a 900IQ moira main who can also play mercy with very high ping and he knows better than you

Errrrr I was a GM tank main lmaooo :sunglasses: :nail_care:t2: stay mad troll

Me: say something
them: lol they play moira so they must be bad at the game

Who cares what rank you were on what role 20 seasons ago. Looks like you spend more time insulting people on the forum than in comp.

where did I insult anyone? plus why do you care so much about who I play? and how does the hero have any effect on my intelligence?

And sure, I didn’t main tank in like 10 seasons cause I am support main now, but I still played comp as my main game, until this xmas when I took a break, and like a week ago I returned to the game lol.

Still doesn’t change the fact that I know how to play the game and had very good experience with one of the most stressful roles. :sunglasses:

“but you main Moira now so you’re bad”

doesn’t work like that bruh… also I still play a bunch of tank etc, I just don’t use this ALT for most of it anymore as I mainly use this one for the forum now. but yes, I admit I now enjoy playing the “easiest hero in the game” instead of playing Wrecking Ball and Zarya with a bit of D.Va. Ball gets you more abuse than I’ve ever had playing Moira lol.

You literally go into every thread to argue and insult for no reason.
Also you start foaming at the mouth when someone outs you as a Moira player and type paragraphs 'splaining. Also we both know Moira has a 40cm skill ceiling. Shoulda mained Zen and now you would be part of the cool gang. Instead even Bronze Mercy mains are looking down on you.

I didn’t argue, he was the one who got aggressive, and also had posts removed lol.

Also, I do play Zenyatta… a lot actually… LOL so what is your point here?

The only support hero I do not play is Baptiste because I think his gameplay is very boring.

They can look down on me all they want, if I cared what people think I would not have called myself “Moira” I would not use the icon, nor would I keep my profiles open when playing the game.

How are they “outing me” when my username is literally “MOIRA” LOL

Anyway lets changed this back to what it’s about

22nd June, we were forced out of the regions we want to be in without warnings to “decrease queue times”

We’re now forced into changing firewall settings or spend money on a VPN which costs approximately £60 a year, where the game only costs £12.99. And we shouldn’t need to pay for a VPN when the game had a data center selector for 5 years.

This option should never been taken away from us, it’s quite clear thousands of people were effected by this update. And they have been given no news or information on whether or not we will see a Data Center selector in game in the near future. They have only focussed on people being put into incorrect games.

It’s been over a week now and nobody has told us anything, we’ve been left in the dark, forced to use other methods (which many don’t want to do) to get back to where we want to go.

4 Likes

I don’t remember a single instance where the dev team admitted something was a mistake or reverted something. For example if a buff made a hero too OP, they would nerf something else to balance it. I think this is one of their company philosophies.
Stuff like significant Brig nerfs for example took almost a year and left huge scars in the playerbase.
Also the change in how matchmaker chooses a server based on MMR first and ping second, is the same as “skill based match making” in C0D Warz0ne and this is only my conspiracy theory: but I would guess they are trying to align how all the Activisi0n games servers work to make them more similar and maybe reduce cost or something