Cross Platform Account Syncing

This is a response Jeff said when asked about syncing your cosmetics to another platform. I would love to be able to have all my skins and cosmetics (some of which are no longer available) to my PC. My Xbox account has been linked to my Battlenet account since launch. So since Jeff said that they are currently brainstorming solutions, I’m going to try and help.

1. All cosmetics should be linked to your Battlenet accounts. This would make it so as long as you sign into the same Battlenet account on whatever platform, you’d have your same profile.

2. Allowing people to just transfer over console accounts to the PC platform, could bring a Smurf problem with it. Since you can make as many accounts you want on console. I think a solution to this could be, “In order to transfer your account to another platform, you must have SMS protect enabled on that Battlenet account”. This is already used to stop smurf accounts from flooding top 500 spots, so I see no reason as to why it can’t also be used here.

3. Also what would happen with the Top500 console players who transfer an account mid season? If they were to transfer an account mid season, they would no longer be eligible for top 500 for the rest of that season. This would make it so you couldn’t get Top 500 on one platform then just switch to another one.

I’m currently in the process of building my first PC and don’t want to leave behind the thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars I’ve spent on this account. Especially in this day and age when even Fortnite allows you to sync your account across all platforms.

13 Likes

1 and 2 I both agree definitely for 3 Require placement games if not ranked on that platform with seperate competitive mmr for each platform would work. One of the bigger corcerns is letting Top 500 icons be used on different platforms or only allow the orange icon as an exception.

3 Likes

Lots of them still easily hit GM. Loads of videos on YouTube of people doing it

I’m not against it to be honest in fact as long they ended in Top 500 then they can use it on another platiform. Forgot thinking of that while typing that last message since regions on Xbox on Asia Top 500 starts and ends at low Diamond with 7th people on the leaderboards but yes your right Stanky, Tensa, Coluge etc are players from console that are Top 500s on pc.

1 Like

Yeah I’m saying that but I dont even hope to hit top 500. Its got to feel like a real achievement so you dont want that watered down either. Especially with PC basically being the platform this game is at it’s best on. They could change the icon color or something to show it was on a different platform I guess.

1 Like

Or change the name under the icon to “Top 500 Season 13 Xbox one” in the profile icons for example if you are on a PC.

3 Likes

Is this still being addressed? Just allow me to access my unlocks. I don’t care about my rank, I don’t care about my win% or any stats. I only care about the unlocks for characters. How is this not possible? It’s a data check-box flag on the backend of the account. Let some analyst fool around with a solution option for a week and I bet you’ll crack the huge mystery.
Don’t make it about transferring you’re whole account, because you had to pay for 2 copies anyway. It’s more about the time and work it took to unlock the cool skins and features within the game.

I find it misleading that they have you “sync” your account when you load in on console, and then track and sync nothing to PC when you end up buying another copy.

2 Likes

I just want the cosmetics.

1 Like

Same problem for me. I want my cosmetics from my PC account after switching to PS4 and moving countries. I paid several hundred dollars in loot boxes, back when you would get a lot of duplicates, and reached almost 300+ levels only to now have a new account synced with my PC account and have nothing from it.

I can live without my stats, but if I paid and unlocked those loot boxes and have my account synced, I’m pretty sure I should have the skins tied to it. :confused:

1 Like

I have a lot of cosmetics on my ps4 platform that I wish I could have on pc.

3 Likes

Is this still relevant? I sincerely hope the Blizzard team hasn’t given up on this. Like many others, I have spent hundreds of dollars on lootboxes. Sadly, I can’t access anything from my PS4 account. They’re both linked to my battle net ID, and it doesn’t make sense to me why I can’t use the cosmetics I’ve purchased on a different platform.

I’ve supported this game since it was released, heck I even remember when Ana was added to the game. Blizzard has always done cool stuff for the game, even if they sometimes make the community upset. Namely, Brigitte. (Although, she is still a cool character with a unique kit, but I digress.)

What I want to get across is, Blizzard can do this. Just like they’ve helped make workshop a reality, I know they can let some people fool around and find a solution in no time. I truly hope they do.

2 Likes

Just make crossplay happen.
I want to play with my console friends :frowning:

1 Like

If its just sharing cosmetics, I don’t see why they can’t do this. If its a concern about top 500, just don’t allow the sharing of player icon badges and sprays and require them to do placements based on system not account? Surely Blizzard isn’t against supporting our vanity and sharing skins between platforms so long as the accounts are linked via battlenet?

How is this still not a thing? Bumping for the sake that action is taken for this. I have a ton of stuff unlocked on my Xbox and recently want to start playing on my PC more but having to unlock everything, and not be able to get my BCRF skin for Mercy and gold weapons really sucks. Spent a lot of time and money getting exclusive skins + OWL skins. Sucks that’s its platform bound and not account bound. Like someone mentioned before, if Epic Games can figure it out with Fortnite why can’t Blizzard with OW? I feel like Paidtivision has something to do with this.

Bumping because this would be a great addition to the game.

1 Like

Adding a response literally in Sept 2021, and the syncing issue is STILL non-existent. I usually play on my ps4, but wanted to play on the go from my pc. I have the same account, but its treating me as a brand new account with my lvl back to 1 and no skins. So disappointed. If anyone can, I’d recommend remote play from ps4. Sadly, it doesn’t work for me, but it may for you.