Crit/burst armor needed

If people can’t see the idea that damage boosting would be substantially stronger with reduced barriers. That’s their lack of foresight. Not a design issue.

Except you have, with different phrasing, by constantly acting like the only form of skill expression with DPS is landing headshots. And that by de-valuing headshot kills, it would somehow make the game “less skillful”.

As if there is no skill involved in tracking aim.

Nobody is disputing that. Literally nobody. None of us have disagreed or implied that it wouldn’t be stronger. You are literally creating an issue where there isn’t one; you are speaking for people and assuming; you’re making arguments that we haven’t even touched on.

I want you to go back through the thread, and tell me where Malice said that flickshots were better than trackshots. Tell me where it was said that damage-boosts would be bad with less barriers. Tell me where it was implied, even.

You won’t find anything, because literally nobody is arguing any of that.

And here you are literally admitting that you’re assuming what they’re saying, and looking for a deeper meaning where there isn’t one.

2 Likes

You kinda have to considering most of his arguments are “arguments from priori” or “loaded phrases”.

If he’s not saying what he means, and relying on catchphrases with embedded meanings to them, then you have to address those embedded meanings.

You can track a head on widow and flick to the target’s hitbox on soldier. What’s your point. At this point it seems like you’re just trying to be argumentative and provoking.

1 Like

There are no embedded meanings, that’s the part you’re missing. You’re injecting a meaning to suit your argument.

2 Likes

The point is that devs need to de-power snipers, or else they will basially entirely define the outcome of OW2 matches.

And you got people acting like “We need to de-power snipers, but my objection is that your solution would de-power snipers”.

I assure you, there’s a TON of embedded meaning in “balance” and “skill” or “bad game design”.

This is why Reinhardt shouldnt be the only one wearing a helmet.

No, you’ve got people acting like “Your suggestion would break the entire game, hinder good people and empower bad people”, but sure, twist it to suit your case.

They literally put it as flat, forward and direct as possible. They could not have been clearer or more objective. You’re taking their innocuous comments, twisting it around, and basically shoving it back at them and saying “Look at this awful thing you’re saying.”

4 Likes

Also never did this.

Devaluing sniper headshots - which is what we’re talking about - absolutely would make sniper’s less skillful.

This just doesn’t make any sense. I never implied nor said that there is no skill involved in tracking aim. In fact, I explicitly stated that it did. It’s just not used by snipers. And as I’ve said, your change hurts everyone who can get headshots, which includes people like soldier, tracer, sombra etc who all use tracking. It also hurts projetile players who use shoot predictively.

You’ve just used another strawman. It does seem to be your only defense.

2 Likes

Yes everyone here is agreeing. Your solution just isn’t the right one. We believe there are other ways to achieve the objective of lowering damage, especially snipers, in OW2

No, our objection is HOW to depower snipers

2 Likes

Making snipers have less Value, isn’t making them less skillful.

They would be just as skillful, if not more-so in a sniper-vs-sniper duel.

And snipers are about to gain extreme value from a lack of barriers.
In order for snipers to have similar value to what they have now, they would need a lot less value overall.

Got any specifics?

Or just vague wishful thinking?

Making all snipers have equally less value isn’t making them less skillful however, that’s not what your change is doing. You are only making skillful snipers - and by skillful I mean the ones that hit lots of headshots and not ones with a damage booster - get less value while the less skillful snipers get no less value.

This applies to all snipers. Not just the good ones.

Again all of them. Not just the skillful ones.

1 Like

And it’s the extremely skillful snipers that are the reason most meta compositions for the past 5 years, have been putting as many barriers as possible between their team, and the snipers.

So of course you need to lower the value that those snipers get, if the amount of anti-sniper barriers in the game is going down.

Would that make it so that worse snipers in Gold/Silver are better off? Sure, but that doesn’t mean that somehow GM/OWL tier balancing isn’t important.

I think such a thing could be an ability maybe. It would probably just be some sort of shield or protection. But I don’t know if people would like that. It would feel like a Zarya bubble or Armor packs.

Yours is wishful thinking as well lmfao. All of our speculation is. If we’re wanting to reduce SPECIFICALLY sniper damage. We make widow have more time between shots and hanzo have reduced close range capabilities. You want the heroes to feel strong but not be too powerful. So you keep their feels the same but reduce their potential to do a lot quickly. But then, we really don’t know how blizzard are planning on balancing supports or dps. They could be making them more team dependent or more individually powerful. No one will know until the devs themselves release details. This kind of speculation is pointless. They have a vision for the game and will stick to it. And based on the last time a direction was mentioned, it was said to be in the fps direction. An increased ttk is unlikely. Hate to break it to you.

Everyone believes that their changes are the right ones. I’m fine with people having speculative threads, but I will gladly shut down an argument if it’s nonsensical.

I mean all ranged poke damage is also an issue. i.e. “Stuff that gets blocked by barriers”.

Getting dinked in the head by McCree for 91 damage, is still rather bursty damage.

But see, poke can get healed. We don’t know how poke or heals will be balanced or what direction they want OW2 to go.