Crazy fps drops after busan update

Before i had stable 50-60 fps but now the game is unplayable for me, droping to ~10 fps every few seconds.
I even had to restart PC once because the game just froze.

12 Likes

Same here :confused: Yesterday I played a game with 50-60 fps, after that it just dropped down to 10. It doesn’t even reach 50 if i’m in game.

I just updated my video card driver, reset the 3D settings, reset the overwatch setting, made a scan and repair, or do anything what they recommended in previous posts, but didn’t help :confused: (Have a geforce GTX 750Ti - maybe it’s too old and bad grapihcs card? :confused: )

The Busan map has a lot of props, it may be related to RAM?

I also heard someone mention in a game that they were getting 10fps randomly. This sounds like it may be a real bug.

This is happening to me and I haven’t even had Busan pop. It’s been happening on all the maps.

2 Likes

I have exactly the same problem , after busan patch on all map fps drop to 11-35
. Before the patch 60-70 FPS stable.
CPU- AMD fx-6100, GPU Radeon R7 360 2gb , 8 gb ram.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s what i meant, after this update every game mode and map is unplayable for me (and some of my friends who are experiencing same problems).

1 Like

I get a similar problem, my FPS monitor alternates between totally blank and 70 FPS and the game stutters at regular intervals.

Running medium settings with a pair of overclocked to high-heaven 970s, 64gb DDR4 and an overclocked I75930k. This is the only game where I have trouble.

Same Problem here: Constantly dropping from 200fps to 50fps.
System:
GPU: AMD R9 390 (newest driver 18.9.1)
CPU: Intel i5 6600
RAM: 32GB DDR 4
Board: Asrock Gaming k4
OS: Win 10 64Bit Home (Version: September 11, 2018—KB4457128 (OS Build 17134.285))
Settings: 1080p all low, except textures: high

Alot of people who are experiencing this problem have AMD R GPUs (myself included), so that might be a clue.

Same to me, I have a bit old AMD Radeon 7970, but before 1.28 the game was running smoothly with seldom fps lows (due to my old video card indeed), but just right after the patch I experience a massive fps drop which makes the game absolutely unplayable.

Also, is surely a game flaw since the drops are resolution-unrelated, I was playing FHD before, and now even without antialias and with 1024*768 I still have massive FPS drops, which is evidently software-related.

I also updated my drivers to the latest versions but without luck.

Blizzard please do something…!

1 Like

I was playing fine on all low settings w 40-50fps before the Busan patch, now it’s 10-15. GeForce gt 720, Intel i5 4460 cpu, 12gb ram, no framerate issues anywhere else.

Also have this issue. Had a stable 60-70 FPS but after the update i can never get over 20 FPS. Have a Nvidia GTX 960. Set all settings to lowest, updated all drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, still no fix. Every other game i own works fine.

yes, same thing here.
AMD FX-6100, Radeon 6850 Graphics, 8GB ram. i used to get 60-70fps any time, now if there are a few enemies around i get 10 fps. killcam always super lags too. Tried every mix of graphics settings, reinstall, repair, deleting blizzard cache, new/old/reinstalled video drivers, close blizzard launcher on launch, close every other windows process and a bunch of other stuff. All my other games work just like normal, it’s only overwatch since the Busan update. Nothing at all makes any difference, and my comp is sitting at 30% cpu, 30% ram, latency is good and GPU is doing just fine. it will even happen in practice range.

I have a gtx 1080 and 6700k cpu, normally pushing to my 230 limit. I am getting about 100-120 fps.

Something they did broke the game.

1 Like

Same problem here… idk what else to do

Same issues. I’m done playing for now because I get too frustrated.

I have a GTX 750 TI, pre-patch I got anywhere from 40-65 stable, now I’m getting 15-25. There was also a recent Windows update.

I followed the whole OW support page and every fps thread out there. Clean re-installed graphics drivers, changed all of my nvidia settings to optimize OW.

Funny thing is, it worked for a few minutes and I got 120+ fps after the clean install and optimization of Nvidia 3D settings. But after just a few minutes I was back at 15-25 fps.

Same problemas since busan patch, AMD FX 6100, GT 1030

j’ai eu le droit au même probleme.
I have a same problem.

Going to quickly drop a reply in here to say I am not experiencing this at all.
Given my main desktop specs, it’s surprising I’m not getting issues.
Only replying as to give the devs some ideas as to what hardware component/driver in certain PCs might be having issues with Overwatch since the busan patch:

Core 2 Quad Q9505
GeForce GTX 760
8GB DDR2-1066
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

(Yes, I’m gradually getting the parts to replace this, but for now, it performs amazingly well even in 2018, hardly dip under 50 in teamfights with the right settings)

Being as this issue seems to have a lot of AMD GPU users, I’ll try testing with my two spare AMD cards and see if I get it as well.

(for that one guy with a GT 720, man I feel sorry for you, good luck upgrading in future. I used to be on a GT 640 lmao)

1 Like

Same problem here, i have an AMD FX 4100 Quad Core .8 GB Ram and AMD Radeon R7 200 Series card. Before the Busan update i got like 80-90 FPS. Now direct after the Busan Update my FPS drops to 15-25. max. It is not playable anymore. This patch just kills this game for some Players like it seems. I`ve tried nearly everything that i could to fix this, even a complete Windows reset. I hope we will see a fast Update to fix this.