Crazy fps drops after busan update

still utterly unplayable

1 Like

@n0ty what Radeon driver version?

another note as well that Iā€™ve been getting heaps better performance since Busan. might be able to narrow down whatā€™s causing the opposite for the rest of you.

Iā€™d suggest putting your OS version if you know it up there as well, as man, Windows 10 can be a weird creature at timesā€¦

edit: quick note; I also tested a Core i5 + HD 4600 and it runs pretty ok as well

@FuzzyQuills

I run ā€¦

Windows 10
64 b.

Same here. The game has been unplayable (from 70+fps down to 9-10 fps) for me since the Busan update. On any mode too, training, QP, etc. I hope the issue is fixed soon, I can only go so long without playing my favorite game.

n0ty:

Try disabling fullscreen optmizations, go to the Overwatch exe, right-click > properties. go to the compatibility tab and check ā€œDisable fullscreen optmizationsā€

Have seen this setting checked fix a lot of peopleā€™s crashes/performance dips. Iā€™m using it myself on my PC.

Iā€™m actually sick of people saying ā€œoh just do this, oh just do thatā€
listen. 20 fps, everything set to low, literally followed a guide on how to squeeze the most frames out of OWā€¦ still 20 fps.
reinstalled windows, updated my drivers, reinstalled OW
still 20 fpsā€¦
its on blizz at this point.

4 Likes

For me itā€™s like this:

I play normally, with normal fps and ms
Then all of a sudden I get 1000 ms, game is unplayable, then when I get back to around 200 ms, game is like I still have 1000 ms. What gives?
Also Iā€™m running the game on lowest video settings
edit: I lost 2 games because of this

@FuzzyQuills

Thx dude but it dont change anything.

The game is still runing with 15-25 FPS max. I mean i had before const. 90 FPS + and after the Busan update the FPS are 15 ā€¦ good work Blizzard!! amazing job done. I mean so many people having problems after this ā€¦ update. Why dont they test it before on all systems. It seems like they just doing something and then hey lets put it live and see how it works. Wrong wayā€¦ Still waiting for a fix.

still unplayableā€¦ Blizzard whatā€™s going on?

2 Likes

Can confirm Iā€™m having the same problem. Game always worked fine for me averaging 60-70fps. Down to 30-40 and it dips far below that making it unplayable.

Gonna have to uninstall for now.

Specs
CPU: i5 4590
GPU: GTX 970 (Driver 399.24 release date 09/10/2018)
RAM: 16GB DDR3

Iā€™ve also been getting major frame dropping most of the time, and itā€™s making the game almost unplayable. I normally run between 180-200 fps, but itā€™s been dropping down to like 10 fps. To be clear, this isnā€™t just on Busan, itā€™s every match.

AMD Ryzen 5 1600
GTX 1050TI (Drivers up to date)
16GB DDR3
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

no news so far, still incredibly slow

@e4rendil

Same here the game is not playable. And i still miss some information or something like that from blizzard ā€¦like hey we are working to fix this ā€¦ but hey nothing dropped out so far.

Iā€™m running a 1080 and i5 7600k. I used to be able to MSAA Ultra without frame drops. I now frame drop with it on OFF. Iā€™m guess I need to uninstall everything againā€¦
Thanks for letting me know Iā€™m not alone.

not even downgrading drivers or change no matter which options combination solves the problemā€¦

I work in an office with 8 other people and we often play Overwatch during our lunch breaks. After the Busan update 4 of us are having this issue. We have varying hardware (the machines were built years apart depending on when people were hired) but weā€™re experiencing the same problem, so it seems to be a software issue. Weā€™ve tried rolling back graphics drivers, uninstalling Windows updates, changing graphics settings, and nothing seems to make any difference. Before we were getting around 90fps and now 44 when we first load in and down to 10-15fps during fights.

4 Likes

Iā€™m also having these issues. Iā€™ve updated my drivers, rolled them back, and tried uninstalling and reinstalling Overwatch again, still to come up short. Used to be able to play on 130~150 fps consistently, now it drops to 10 frames sometimes, and sometimes just looks like it freezes for a few seconds, sometimes there is briefly no sound from the came too. It happens on every map and in practice range. I had the cap on 50 fps for one session and it was mostly fine, but the next session it couldnā€™t stay at 30fps.

Iā€™m sorry but Blizz, are you going to acknowledge this or not? I have checked my cpu and gpu usage during this and it has nothing to do with my percentage used, Iā€™m at about 50 percent on both, something about Hammond I think took up whatever resources the in game engine keeps track of.

4 Likes

Itā€™s negative however that Blizzard doesnā€™t show in the release patch notes nothing about gory technical details, they just enumerate character fixes here and there.
This is a major change in terms of game resources management and is not even mentioned in the release notes. We can do little to help Blizzard to spot this bugā€¦
If itā€™s not an issue of resources management, then itā€™s a bug, and itā€™d be great hearing something like ā€œhey weā€™re tracking this bug downā€ā€¦ Iā€™m begrudgingly about to uninstall the game, since playing in this state is plainly frustratingā€¦ :frowning:

3 Likes

For the people who posted here or anyone who has had this problem, have you managed to solve it somehow?

Since blizz isnā€™t responding to this and i really want to be playing OW again.