Crash, white screen

Hello. Like the title states, i get white screen and then crash either mid game or in the end of one. It has happened about 3-4 times so far. My pc is new and my drivers are updated, bios included.

What’s the problem here? Thanks in advance.

edit: Specs: Nvidia Gtx 1650 Windforce OC
Hyper X 2x4gb(8gb) DDR4 ram
WD HDD 1TB

edit #2: plz help. it has happened twice today. also my mobo is gigabyte b450m ds3h

edit #3: i opened event viewer. i got a nvlddmkm 13 error. and then display 4101.

With any PC-related tech issue, please include a DxDiag if you’d like members of the community to help you troubleshoot.

DxDiag instructions (click to expand/collapse)
  1. Reboot your PC
  2. Only open the game and play until you experience the issue.
  3. Press Windows Key + R, then type DxDiag and press Enter.
  4. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  5. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.

If your DxDiag does not fit in one message, you can post it on Pastebin.com and provide the hash code (the numbers/letters after the .com) in your reply.

so, i open dxdiag and overwatch at the same time after the reboot?

Reboot.
Open Overwatch until you experience the issue.
When it crashes, run the dxdiag.

i get white screen
overwatch crushes
i see nothing on screen but pc still on
when i try alt-f4, ctrl shift esc or ctrl alt del still nothing happens
i can’t run dxdiag even if i wanted to

I recommend using Display Driver Uninstaller to remove all copies of the nVidia drivers/software. Then install the latest version and try again.

will try. I will reply to this post when i have more news.

Okay, adding a reply so you can add stuff later (new forum users can’t reply to themselves).

Ok, so. Yesterday i did use DDU to unistall my nvidia drivers fully. Played some matches, no crashes. Played overwatch for an hour today, no crashes either. Since it was a driver issue (probably), i also capped my frames on 60 fps and turned on vsync cause i have a 60hz monitor for now. I also increased the pagefile size. i hope the issue won’t appear again.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: [Kison] White screen crash