Could we acknowledge that aim is a skill?

You’d be surprised how many players don’t think to stand behind my barriers though. XD

1 Like

Winston and Dva are really easy heroes.
Genji and Tracer have a decent skill curves, though they do have annoying abilities, like dragonblade.

So you believe it’s normal that Braguette, who is both easy to play and efficient, can wreck anyone who is not sniper? Great balance for sure.

2 Likes

Pretty much only Soldier does. Widow goes awol to her nest and hanzo running around flanking ignoring shields while McCree lurks corners.

Thanks god for Orisa, double shields are pretty nice.

No because you need aim for the hook or aim for the follow up after flashbang. If you miss, yes you are dead.

true XD btw orisa is cute :3

I sometimes use it as Widow.
It usually doesn’t give the best sight lines, but at least Orisa’s shield won’t move unexpectedly and get me killed like Reinhardt’s.

“Widow is easy to play, if you take for granted her incredibly high skill requirement”

1 Like

“OP, unfun, no counters”

All we need left is “easy to play” and we have ourselves one complete circle jerk parallel to the flanker hate.

1 Like

Diving and disengaging, tanking, target prioritization, hitscan + projectile aiming, tracking, cooldown management and multitasking, ultimate tracking and absorbing/blocking, resource management, peeling, bodyblocking, defence matrix flicking, booster flying and management, booping, million potential nerf angles and slides on each map and ultimate timing + 1 completely different character?

Dva is an easy hero. /s

But then again slayer is a master of clicking heads, everything else is easy in comparison. =p

5 Likes
  1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. Maybe
  4. Absolutely NO.

What you’re suggesting is that if you happen to have a team of people that excel at aim vs those who play heroes who don’t heavily rely on aim, the aiming team should always win. I’m sorry but that has never been and hopefully will never be the case in Overwatch. There’s a reason heroes like Winston counter heroes like Widow. (barely)

I play this game specifically BECAUSE it’s not your typical twitchy aimheropro traditional FPS. You’re welcome to go play those types of games if you think aim is the holy grail of skill in this game.

3 Likes

Are you sure you don’t want a hitscan meta? Because it sounds like fun to me. /s

Aiming is a common concept in pretty much any shooter. It is not unique or difficult. Almost all heros need to aim. Widow just gets more bang for her buck for doing what pretty much every char has to do.

You often have responded to my quotes that projectile heros can easily take out widow but those projectiles take time to travel and outside of Hanzo require to land not 1 but 2 well aimed, well arced, well timed shoots.

All this and doing it the split second you step into LOS (if you can see widow, she can see you) and beat her to the single shot she needs to end you. Yes shields are effective but they are extremely weak atm and it’s not like your team is going to ignore them trying to snipe you behind a shield.

Yeah, he kind of burned any credibility he might have had when he said that Winston was easy. It’s why I’ve stopped responding to him. I decided to not feed him.

3 Likes

I agree with everything except for the fourth premise. No… Just no. They tried that early Overwatch with Genji and Tracer, really, pre-Moira, back when Widow could one-shot Tracer to the body and subsequently they nerfed that.

Well, you unironically and explicitly said you want to nerf skill.

Pharah is arguably one such hero.

Nice try. Wanting to tone down a over powered ability that requires only one form of skill to fully utilize is not wanting to nerf skill.

It’s looking to bring more balance.

2 Likes

Widow is only “overpowered” if the player behind the hero is much better than you.
Losing to better players is how the game is supposed to work.

That’s 100% true…if all part involved were equal. Hence the only real counter to a good widow is a better widow.

It is difficult to balance games like this because of this fact. Mecree was nerfed into the ground because of his unlimited reach (which widow has with a far better escape + scope)

I certainly don’t want that to happen to any hero and hope Mecree gets the love he deserves BUT it is not hard to see that widow has tools that go beyond the norm.

Her reach is far too long for the damage she puts out per shoot with minimal options to contest her