Could not locate Resources (0xE00300E0)

yeah ive tried everything still unable to play

I tried all of the above and none worked, dont have enough data to reinstall, so what I did was,

1. closed down in task manager
  2. deleted the .exe files and the /cache/casc filies.
  3. (this was pure instinct.) deleted what I thought were log filesā€¦ .build.info .patch.result .launcher database file and .product database file. (all in the main install directory.
  4. Re-opened battlenet and it automatically said applying patch and worked.

Hope it works for you too. GL

1 Like

try my next post, delete those additional files in the main install directory, worked instantly for me after that.

Well Iā€™ve done most of the stuff and something weird happened. I opened battlenet again and did the scan thing. Immediately following it said I needed a game update. The scan went ahead and just crashed towards the end. I tried it a few times and the same thing happened. Then I tried doing the update and it failed as well. I eventually said screw it and tried playing the game, and it actually worked? The update is still incomplete, Iā€™m gonna try restarting my computer and see what happens.

I may be wrong, but try my last post, maybe even just delete everything in the root directory asides the folders. And delete the contecnt of /cache/casc.
I had tried every solution, but deleting that worked instantly, I think there was a log file of some sort screwing up the scan process. I tried deleting only .exe and the /cache/casc, updating drivers, everything, but deleting those files made it work instantly, didnt even need to scan/update.

Uninstall --> reinstall and works again!

1 Like

ā€œThis is in regards to the live client, not the PTR. The PTR is offline right now, but if your live client is encountering this error, try:
Open the Blizzard Battle.ne app.
While the app is open, go to your installation folder and delete Overwatch Launcher.exe and Overwatch.exe (just send them to recycle bin).
Go back to app options and run a Scan and Repair. This will download the new files and fix the problem.
The scan and repair process time can vary depending on your system. If you find that it is hanging, try restarting your system and right-clicking on the Blizzard Launcher to choose ā€œRun as Administratorā€.
Iā€™ve received confirmation on twitter that this has helped resolve the error for some but weā€™ll continue to monitor.ā€

This issue does not work for my computer under Windows 7. I have tried few hours ago to reinstall the game but the situation is the same as ā€œScan and repairā€ - it took 2 times more then 30 min. and it did not work at all.

This was by posted by someone on the EU forums and worked for me:

Posted by Boogerjuice
Okay, nothing anyone has suggested worked for me. So I discovered a fix myself. I exited the Battlenet launcher, then located the Overwatch folder and moved it temporarily to my desktop. I launched Battlenet and began a new installation of Overwatch, just long enough until it switched from Fetching to Downloading and the word Playable was grayed out. (Maybe 30 seconds) Next I paused the installation and closed Battlenet, I moved the original Overwatch folder from my Desktop back to where I found it. I deleted Overwatch.exe and Overwatch Launcher.exe then launched Battlenet. I un-paused the installation and the status bar immediately jumped to 100% and read Initializing. The game was playable within 10 seconds.

I checked the Overwatch folder, and the two files I delete were replaced.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

4 Likes

This finally seems to make the scan and repair work. Thanks for this.

Is there any idea why or how this all happened?

Yeah this worked, thanks. Only thing I could trace this to was a Windows Update around a day ago, but probably just unrelated.

2 days without Overwatch workingā€¦
I tried the solution :

Thank you all for the continued reports. I have consolidated some of the steps below that we have seen help.
Open the Overwatch game folder
Delete the Overwatch.exe and Overwatch Launchere.exe
Open the cache folder and then the CASC folder
Delete the .idx files.
Close the Blizzard App
Open Task Manager16 , End Task on any Blizzard Battle.net6 and Agent process
Launch the Blizzard App
Run the Overwatch Scan and Repair tool.32

Nothings workedā€¦ Blizzard please do something ! Tell us something. Scan and repair is doing nothing !

Hi there, mi GF had that problem until today, i shared to her a copy of my files:

• .build.info
  • bink2w64.dll
  • ortp_x64.dll
  • vivoxsdk_x64.dll

and all the content of:

• Cache Folder.

And that works for her and now she can play Overwatch again.

worked for me. thank you very much for sharing this.

1 Like

Now I canā€™t even uninstall, I think blizz full screwed my game.

Iā€™m still waiting, trying to scan again, nothings working, actually fed up.

1 Like

Close out any Blizz process in your Task Manager, Delete the Files they have told you to delete, and then go into your Windows App Manager, and Uninstall there. It may fail, try again.

After that, see if you have an ā€˜uninstallā€™ in the Blizz Launcher, if you do, Uinstall again. It almost certainly will fail now. Try again.

Reboot.

Load the Launcher as Administrator, and see if you have an ā€˜Installā€™ option for OW now.

Thats the process I had to follow, but its working fine now.

Yea I tried all that, ended up just removing the folder, and installing a fresh copy of OW.

This worked for me, thank you so much!

Ok, this is for all those who have the following error and tried the following solutions:

Error: Resources file is missing.

Solutions:
. Used analyze and repair tool on blizzard .net launcher and the bar stays frozen for hours.
. Tried checking if there are any updates/patches and bar stays frozen for hours.
. Tried uninstalling the game and the bar stays frozen for hours.
. Deleted the overwatch.exe and/or the overwatch.exe files from the overwatch folder and ran the repair tool and still didnā€™t work.

SOLUTION A:
. Delete the overwatch.exe and the overwatch launcher.exe (they are the 2 who have the Overwatch logo after opening the Overwatch folder.
. In the overwatch folder open the Cache folder, then open the casc folder and delete all the files that have a ā€œ.idxā€ at the end.
. CLOSE the battle .net launcher, then press Ctrl+Alt+Supr or Del (depends on your language, in spanish is supr and in english del).
. Last option should say task manager (im translating directly from my language ā€œAdministrador de Tareasā€)
. and close the Blizzard Agent.
. Run the battle .net launcher back again and use the repair tool.

SOLUTION B
when openning back again the blizzard launcher after deleting all files listedd in solution A, right click the batle .net launcher and launch as administrator, then use the repair tool.

Done, this worked for me. Hope it works for you to.