Could not locate Resources (0xE00300E0)

I did the repair when I got home. It ran for 3 hours and didn’t seem to be progressing. I then figured, “alright, I can just uninstall / reinstall it at this point.”

My game has been uninstalling since about 5PM. No progress is being made…

Deleting all blizzard data in my C:/user>userID>documents > Appdata > Local - Reboot. Overwatch still listed as being “installed” but cannot locate any game files. Trying to uninstall just sits at uninstalling.

Can’t delete the OW folder. It always says it’s “in use” even though all my blizzard applications are running.

I uninstalled and reinstalled. This seems to have worked. I had to kill all bnet tasks in task manager before it would let me do a proper uninstall through windows programs and features. Then reinstalled through bnet client.

1 Like

ah okay, ill try that. this is such bs tho

Thanks – This helped me. I Still had a Blizzard background downloader running…

Thank you all for the continued reports. I have consolidated some of the steps below that we have seen help.

1. Open the Overwatch game folder
  2. Delete the Overwatch.exe and Overwatch Launchere.exe
  3. Open the cache folder and then the CASC folder
  4. Delete the .idx files.
  5. Close the Blizzard App
  6. Open Task Manager , End Task on any Blizzard Battle.net and Agent process
  7. Launch the Blizzard App
  8. Run the Overwatch Scan and Repair tool.
13 Likes

Hmm well this is frustrating. Anybody had any luck yet with scan and repair? Mine is stuck.

3 Likes

This is the only thing that worked for me, thank you very much!

Also, the Scan and Repair tool always stucked with the other solutions, this one completed in about 3 minutes. It may depend on your PC

Not sure what happened, I can say it’s not a windows update though since they are turned off on my computer. Not a driver either since I didn’t change anything out. I don’t remember any new patches in the client or bnet app lately but my guess is something was malformed after launching and playing last night. I also do not leave the bnet app running all the time so it’s not like something could have happened.

After deleting the files as I said above early on it took a little bit and stalled scanning but after watching an episode of Eureka it was all good. Nothing to get your knickers in a knot over people. So kill the programs, delete the files, and then let the scanner do it’s thing.

restore system after win update could work.

This hasn’t helped. Still cant launch game…

nevermind lol its scanning i just forgot to end the Update Agent in task manager haha

Good call out. Updated the steps to mention the Blizzard Agent too.

Hey guys this has worked for me when it says to end battle net in task manager, be sure to scroll down in task manager and look for “Battle net Update Agent.” Ending this task and re-launching the launcher will fix it. Took a while for me to catch on lol

1 Like

I gave up and fully uninstalled the game. Should i wait for blizzard to patch it on their end, or is there a way i can ensure this installation actually works?

Can you throw out a hot fix to stop this from happening more?

This seemed to work for me (deleting the exe files and the .idx files). The Scan and Repair finally did something! :slight_smile:

Now hopefully the ping issue will be resolved…sooner rather than later… :\

For me it doesn’t say overwatch.exe, so do i delete just the thing that says overwatch and the overwatch launcher?

Looks like I’m leaving this on overnight, I’ll do a virus scan too, hopefully there will be progress by morning.

Nevermind, i tried it, and it turned out running as admin/ending all update agents in Task Manager were all the precaution i needed! I think my problem is resolved!